Looking at the upcoming schedule and I think we will make the playoffs

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
next 4 games are against the Devils, need 4 straight wins no excuses whatsoever

then play the islanders 1 game, not impressed with the Islanders after this weekend's showing, we should win that one

then 2 straight against the flyers, a split would be acceptable

then 2 straight against the sabres, no excuses need both wins no matter what

then another 2 with the islanders, a split would be acceptable

then 2 against washington, getting 1 point out of both games would be ok

and then the final 2 games are against boston, and if boston is still holding on to the final spot with only a few
points of separation you have your destiny in your own hands, or by then we could of surpassed boston if we do
well with our games.

We'll see what happens but it looks pretty good.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
Id rather not.

Then we have to "stay competitive" for an eventual 1st round exit instead of developing the yoots

While the playoff experience would be good, a playoff embarassment might not be the way to start.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Id rather not.

Then we have to "stay competitive" for an eventual 1st round exit instead of developing the yoots

While the playoff experience would be good, a playoff embarassment might not be the way to start.
I get what you're saying but Quinn is going to do this anyway so :dunno:

I stand on this where I always have: I don't care if they make it but I'm not going to root against them.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Id rather not.

I think developing a winning culture and give the yoots an opportunity to see what playoff hockey is like if far better developmentally than force feeding them minutes in meaningless games for like 20 games. Which by the way, I am not convinced they would be doing that either, even if we were out of the playoff picture.

You don't want to be like Edmonton or Buffalo. Developing a culture of winning is essential to the development of the team. Making the playoffs signals to the young guys that this team is going somewhere.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
They’re making it fun, and it’s not impossible, but I don’t expect this team to suddenly find consistency. Next year I think is a different story.

Reactions: Calad

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Id rather not.

I disagree - you gotta get your youngin's feet wet

sometimes getting dusted in the playoffs can be good for a young club... shows them what it takes to be successful

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Boston has like 5 games upcoming against Buffalo. Not looking good. Rangers only will have a chance if they sweep this 4 game set from Jersey and we all know that’s not happening.

Forget about playoffs this year and start giving the kids some primo mins! That includes pp

Reactions: Maximus

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Playoff chances are slim and have been for a while. This team is just too inconsistent and there are only 15 games remaining. They are not beating the devils 4 straight. Cmon man. They will win 5 or 6 of the next 9. It won't be enough to catch Boston who still has a 4 point lead with 2 games in hand.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Boston has like 5 games upcoming against Buffalo. Not looking good. Rangers only will have a chance if they sweep this 4 game set from Jersey and we all know that’s not happening.

Forget about playoffs this year and start giving the kids some primo mins! That includes pp
wouldn't it just complete the Taylor Hall saga though if Buffalo beats Boston several times and the bruins miss the playoffs?

the mean part of me wants it for the schadenfreude

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
wouldn't it just complete the Taylor Hall saga though if Buffalo beats Boston several times and the bruins miss the playoffs?

the mean part of me wants it for the schadenfreude
that would be both fortuitous for the Rangers and just hilarious bc a) screw the Bs and b) I never liked Taylor Hall

Reactions: MetalJaws

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Id rather not.

You'd rather not?

You can't just flip a switch and say okay next year we can do it

That "embarrassment" might be necessary for this team to move forward

Buffalo is still waiting for that. They collect high pick after high pick and never come close to contending

Not to mention if we actually do pull off a playoff berth it would be quite an accomplishment in it of itself considering how far back we were. Would be a fantastic feather in the cap for this team

Reactions: Larrybiv and Hensch

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
next 4 games are against the Devils, need 4 straight wins no excuses whatsoever

then play the islanders 1 game, not impressed with the Islanders after this weekend's showing, we should win that one

then 2 straight against the flyers, a split would be acceptable

then 2 straight against the sabres, no excuses need both wins no matter what

then another 2 with the islanders, a split would be acceptable

then 2 against washington, getting 1 point out of both games would be ok

and then the final 2 games are against boston, and if boston is still holding on to the final spot with only a few
points of separation you have your destiny in your own hands, or by then we could of surpassed boston if we do
well with our games.

We'll see what happens but it looks pretty good.

9-3-1 until Boston and then 2-0 against Boston for 11-3-1 finish to close the season.

OK,

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Fyi im all in on trying to make the playoffs, i think the Jones signing is a sign of the organization thinking the same way. To be clear I don't want any outside deadline deals to try and push this.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I will never, ever say no to a playoff berth. Goes completely against everything you do as a franchise, if you are serious about ever contending for a cup.

However, the Rangers will have to get on some kind of streak to get in. We are talking somewhere in the neighborhood of like 11-4, 12-3 with two wins against Boston to close it out.

I honestly don't see that happening. It's nice to think they should beat the teams they should and clean up the Devils and Sabres winning all 6 of those, but it's never that easy. They havent shown a great ability to close out games, even against lesser opponents.

They just need to take two points tomorrow night and start playing desperate hockey. They have been too inconsistent (especially the veterans) to expect them to make it, but its nice to be positive!

Reactions: Maximus

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
pP521PD.jpg

Reactions: Riseonfire

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It really hinges on Boston and how they play. Getting Hall should help them. But they’re still injured. It’s very much realistically possible, but Boston controls our fate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad