Looking ahead to the off-season

Proko88

May 6, 2010
This thread already 3 games into the season.

have a bit more faith.
It’s not about 3 games and having faith. It’s obvious Holland signed cheap 1 year deals to get through this season. With that comment you are telling us that you are content with this roster moving forward for a few more years... Sheesh

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
It’s not about 3 games and having faith. It’s obvious Holland signed cheap 1 year deals to get through this season. With that comment you are telling us that you are content with this roster moving forward for a few more years... Sheesh

No, and typically I'm a cynic. But other than goaltending we have what we need within the org to have a complete team. we have immense D improvement coming, we already have Barrie now which is immense improvement, the best D we have had in a longtime. Turris will feel his way here and so will Kahun. I still wish we could have got a guy like Hoffman or Toffoli but to be honest Toffoli was hacking pucks tonight and he's very up down.

But the main thing is Barrie, Turris, Kahun, 3 solid players, Broberg, Bouchard coming. Holloway when he gets here.

Has to be remembered we were down about 4 players tonight before the game started. it happens.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
No, and typically I'm a cynic. But other than goaltending we have what we need within the org to have a complete team. we have immense D improvement coming, we already have Barrie now which is immense improvement, the best D we have had in a longtime. Turris will feel his way here and so will Kahun. I still wish we could have got a guy like Hoffman or Toffoli but to be honest Toffoli was hacking pucks tonight and he's very up down.

But the main thing is Barrie, Turris, Kahun, 3 solid players, Broberg, Bouchard coming. Holloway when he gets here.

Has to be remembered we were down about 4 players tonight before the game started. it happens.
Ok, so your answer is we need a goalie. I’ll agree with that. Wasn’t really looking for any backlash with this thread, I am genuinely looking for what fans thoughts are. For me I think we need to spend money on a true number 1 goalie and a true number 1 dman. I agree we have some great d prospects coming but with no #1 guidance it will be tough for them to learn.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
- 2 new goalies
- 2 or 3 new defensemen
- Taylor Hall

RNH (or replacement) - McDavid - Pulju
Hall - Drai - Yams
Kahun - Turris - Kassian
Real 4th line lol

xxx - xxx
xxx - Bouchard
4K - Bear

Kuemper
xxx

The problem is finding 3 better D IMO. Maybe Barrie for 1RD if he's not too expensive. Maybe Broberg makes the team and 4K moves up with Bouchard. Then it's a top pair guy on the left.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Koskinen is not a bad goalie, and on a good team, he would have some reasonable success. But with this team and the defence he has in front of him, it's going to make him look really bad a lot of nights when the problem really isn't him at all. If we had a Cary Price, sure, our fortunes would look a lot better, but there are not a lot of those in the league.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I've climbed aboard the Raanta train. Run him 1A/1B with Kosko next season, and/or the remaining of this one if we can get a trade done there.
You think Raanta one of the most injury prone goalies in the nhl is the answer?

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
You think Raanta one of the most injury prone goalies in the nhl is the answer?

Short term with a 50/50 workload shared with Kosko might make the gamble worth it. He's not a guy you can ride 10 games in a row (neither is koskinen). With a managed workload a, it could greatly alleviate the injury risk (in theory).

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Need 3 top 4 D and a goalie.

I don’t trust Holland not to give too much money to bad D we already have.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Short term with a 50/50 workload shared with Kosko might make the gamble worth it. He's not a guy you can ride 10 games in a row (neither is koskinen). With a managed workload a, it could greatly alleviate the injury risk (in theory).
He already plays a 1B role and can’t stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->