Looking Ahead to a Seattle Expansion Draft

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
My gut guess is Fletcher is bribing the Seattle GM out of that pick.

But at what cost? He protected a few good D with a really good forward and a good middle 6er... and now the wild are starving for impact forwards.

There was also a time when the ducks were confident about their top 4 and prospects to the point of trading shes Theodore al they didnt lose them. Whoops.

Reactions: Jtown

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
G mystery backup goalie signed
d If all goes well with Myers its Myers,Sanheim, and Provorov
F figure Hayes,Couts, Giroux, Lindblom, Konecky are locks
I project Patrick and Ghost are not on this team and 6th forward is added say an Ehlers type.
Frost Ratcliffe and Farabee are on the roster but exempt.
In this scenerio a 30+ year old expensive JVR or Voracek would have to be exposed.
So the question would be would u rather have an expensive 30+year old legit point producer or would Seattle take say Laughton and 1.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Maybe 4-4-1 is back to being an option.

Giroux (NMC), Hayes (NMC) Couturier, Konecny
Provorov, Sanheim, Ghost, Myers
Hart

Notable unprotected: Voracek, JVR, Lindblom, Patrick, Sandstrom

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Hart

I thought I was in the roster thread and I thought you were describing on-ice deployment with 4-4-1 so this was very confusing for a second.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

Hart

You have to think fletcher is going to be talking to Seattle all throughout the year to gauge things.

7-3 is going to come down to their confidence in York and how Myers continues to progress. York May make ghost replaceable. But if Myers doesn’t hit, then they can go 7-3.

Forwards, there can be an argument to expose any of jvr, voracek or Patrick (depending on current circumstances). Lindblom I just think is a player and going to be valuable for a contending team—would rather we had him than lost him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They will go 7-3....but no way just let Seattle take one of our 4 young Dmen. We will make a trade with another team before that happens.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
They will go 7-3....but no way just let Seattle take one of our 4 young Dmen. We will make a trade with another team before that happens.
I guess the question is what team has the d pipeline like ours of two to three years ago? Basically our guys are all here now, so we would need to make a move to shift our timeline a bit. Trade one of our big four for someone expansion protected but that has that potential. York should be in that role by then.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I guess the question is what team has the d pipeline like ours of two to three years ago? Basically our guys are all here now, so we would need to make a move to shift our timeline a bit. Trade one of our big four for someone expansion protected but that has that potential. York should be in that role by then.
We might have to trade that Dman for a pick. But it will still be a good one. Like if we could have traded a 1st in the 20-30 range for Dumba for example, we would have instead of protecting Manning. Wasn't it Manning we protected due to no other options?

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
We might have to trade that Dman for a pick. But it will still be a good one. Like if we could have traded a 1st in the 20-30 range for Dumba for example, we would have instead of protecting Manning. Wasn't it Manning we protected due to no other options?
Really trying to block that out. But yeah. I think you’re right.

I’m just hoping that we are in the embarrassment of riches level and can move a couple lesser assets to not loose someone critical.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Really trying to block that out. But yeah. I think you’re right.

I’m just hoping that we are in the embarrassment of riches level and can move a couple lesser assets to not loose someone critical.
We technically have the pipeline set up so if they force us to move a D, we could have Friedman, York, Zamula, Kalynuk, etc... to step in. And we would only need them to be a #4. Or hey....maybe Niskanen is signed for another year if need be.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

I don't know why that is necessarily better than just going 4-4-1.

Let's say they trade Sanheim. Do they get full value for him when other teams know they have to make the trade to be able to go 7-3?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't know why that is necessarily better than just going 4-4-1.

Let's say they trade Sanheim. Do they get full value for him when other teams know they have to make the trade to be able to go 7-3?
Yeah...I think they do still get full value...all you need is 2 teams with an open spot and a need for a Dman.

I would rather protect another whole line, than 1 Dman.

I would also rather trade a Dman for a 1st...and have them draft JVR...especially if it looks like we have just 1 young D ready to step in....than PAY a 1st to keep the D...and lose possibly Patrick or Lindblom...or JVR anyways.

But we are still 2 years away. Lots can still happen. Maybe Sandstrom looks like a #1 in waiting by then and we talk to them and offer a "depth" guy to take him instead of a D we want to keep. Hell, some people were possibly protecting Pimp 1 year ago. Our lineup could look very different in 2 years.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad