Look for Information about each team's prospects

RedWingsNow*

Hello, I am a commissioner in an online NHL EHM 2005 sim league and I am about to start work on updating the database before we start.
I'm looking for information about prospects from the 2008-10 drafts who've yet to play an NHL game. I am also seeking information about prospects signed as UFAs from the same time period.
What I'm looking for are players you think have more than 50 percent chance of becoming NHL regulars, listed by team, as well as a brief description of his playing style

For example:
Detroit Red Wings
Gustav Nyqyuist: two-way player with strong work ethic, good speed and set-up abilities.

Landon Ferraro: Good speed, good shot, injury prone,
Tomas Tatar: Good vision, good play maker with a nose for the net. Doesn't have bursting speed, though, for a smaller guy.
Mitchell Callahan: A steve ott type

Riley Sheahan: Big defensive forward who may lack offensive chops. Skates well and is somewhat physical
Calle Jarkrok: Hardworking, offensively gifted, two-way forward with good skating
Teemu Pulkkinen: Good playmaker with a great slapper. Skating could be an issue.
Peter Mrazak: Small but athletic goalie

UFA Prospects
Brian Lashoff - Steady, stay at home defender who skates well but isn't really that physical

I'm not so much interested in whether they have first-line potential or fourth line potential, but more interested in their style. I'm going to give a lot of these guys random ceilings (AHL to Superstar) to place more emphasis on scouting and have some surprises for our GMs.

Any help would be appreciated.
If you're interested in learning more about the league, send me a PM.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Montreal Canadiens

Danny Kristo- RW- Impressive speed, loves to shoot the puck, has been rounding out his game.

Louis Leblanc- C- Solid two way center, good work ethic with some sandpaper to his game. Not the biggest or strongest but still wins his share of puck battles and doesn't shy from high traffic scoring areas.

Mac Bennett- LD- Two way puck moving D, not overly big but can rush the puck up ice quickly. Had a solid freshman year at both ends of the ice.

Alexander Avtsin- RW- Solid frame, moves well, has soft hands but needs to improve his defensive game and up his compete level. Just spent his first season in North America as a 19 year old in the AHL, showed some flashes of skill at times but looked raw overall. Assuming he doesn't bolt back to the KHL anytime soon, he could be on the Habs radar if he can adjust to the smaller ice.

Jarred Tinordi- LD- Hulking defensive defensemen, has impressive size and decent mobility, will drop the gloves as well. Struggled with the offensive side while making the move from the USHL while with the USNDTP to the OHL this year.

RedWingsNow*

Montreal Canadiens

Danny Kristo- RW- Impressive speed, loves to shoot the puck, has been rounding out his game.

Louis Leblanc- C- Solid two way center, good work ethic with some sandpaper to his game. Not the biggest or strongest but still wins his share of puck battles and doesn't shy from high traffic scoring areas.

Mac Bennett- LD- Two way puck moving D, not overly big but can rush the puck up ice quickly. Had a solid freshman year at both ends of the ice.

Alexander Avtsin- RW- Solid frame, moves well, has soft hands but needs to improve his defensive game and up his compete level. Just spent his first season in North America as a 19 year old in the AHL, showed some flashes of skill at times but looked raw overall. Assuming he doesn't bolt back to the KHL anytime soon, he could be on the Habs radar if he can adjust to the smaller ice.

Jarred Tinordi- LD- Hulking defensive defensemen, has impressive size and decent mobility, will drop the gloves as well. Struggled with the offensive side while making the move from the USHL while with the USNDTP to the OHL this year.

Thank you.

HalbertGil*

Buffalo Sabres

1974:
Taro Tsujimoto
All-star sniper and leading scorer of Tokyo Katanyas.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
You said no games played, but you used Tatar...so I'll use Cowen and Weircioch:)

2008:
Patrick Weircioch (8 GP)

-Tall/LANKY defender, solid in all offensive areas, big reach, learning how to play the body this year after relying on his stick through college
-Showed better in Ottawa this year then he did in Bingo for most the season. Encouraging, because we were told to expect this.
-If he fills out normally, he could be a 2nd pairing guy...if he doesn't at all he may have trouble sticking, if he fills out to 220-225 over time, he's got some really nice upside.

Derek Grant
-Considered an underrated prospect coming out of the 4th round and recently signed out of Michigan State. Grant possesses 6'3 190 pound frame with solid hands, a good release and finds his teammates. So far he's been about 0.40 since coming to Bingo at the end of the season. Coach Kleinendorst has already said he thinks Grant will be an NHLer.

Andre Petersson
-4th round
-A curious case here. Petersson tied for the lead in scoring at the 2010 WJC for Sweden and lead in goals if my memory serves me correctly. A scout has gone on record to say he's got the best wrist shot he's ever seen by a Swedish junior player. Numbers don't look too tempting thus far, keep in mind he played for HV71 a club notorious for holding younger players back (he played 10 or less minutes a game) and he's been battling what thought could be a career threatening back injury. He came to Ottawa to end the season, they fixed his back apparently, and he's signed to come to NA next season.
-Slick hands, outstanding shot, and good vision.
-You said 50% chance...Petersson is a 50/50 prospect. Coming off a recent Ottawa signing though, I'm leaning to "glass half full". His back really seemed like it was going to kill his career.

2009:
David Rundblad

-IMO, a tad overrated as a prospect but I hope I'm wrong. Plays a style reminiscent of PK Subban but perhaps in a more European style. Doesn't possess the same slap shot, but his puck movement skills are expected to be higher end and it's his wrist shot that is a strength. Questionable decision making in the defensive end.

Jared Cowen (1 GP)
-The big guy had a really nice season down in the WHL after he narrowly missed out on Ottawa's clogged blue line. Good call though, it did him good. He possesses one of the hardest slap shots in the dub and his physical potential is probably in the 6'5.5 245-250 area. His offensive upside may be limited but you never know with these man child 19 year olds and how they may develop into their mid 20s.
-He plays the game like Pronger does in the defensive zone, good stick, lumbers around. Recently watched a couple games, his skating continues to improve.

EDIT
Jakob Silfverberg:

-Ottawa's most underrated prospect is probably its best prospect in the forward position. Although that doesn't say much, Silfverberg's always had a following that expects he may have a lot of hidden upside. He put up 18 goals 18 assists in his 2nd full SEL season and some in Sweden are predicting a coming out party for the 6'2 195 net crasher. Needs to learn to use his shot better, his slap shot has outstanding velocity down the wing and his wrist shot as very quick and heavy. Some say he crashes the net as hard as anyone in the SEL and he combines that with strong hands, outstanding tenacity and character play and defensive awareness.
-A complete prospect with offensive upside
-He made the Swedish National Team for the WC with a strong showing in the evaluations
-May stay another year in the SEL, but Bryan Murray has admitted they are working hard to get him signed...2 months ago it looked like he'd certainly be staying in Sweden, now it's up for debate.

2010:
Mark Stone
-You may wonder why I put a 2010 6th rounder in here but the reality is if it weren't for an injury plagued season and being buried in the 2010 Brandon Wheat Kings roster, he was a mid 2nd rounder in TSN's midterm rankings. He cleaned up the Wheat Kings hardware presentations including team MVP and finished 3rd in WHL scoring...
-From Christmas on he put up 61 points in 32 games and followed that up with 10 points in 6 playoff games.
-6'3 200, Ryane Clowe might be the best way to describe the way he plays.

UFA
David Dziurzinski
-an obscure signing out of the BCHL last season Dzirzinski has been said to be one of the B-Sens most improved players this season. Not much insight to his game but he's strong on the boards, plays with sandpaper and did surprisingly well when he got shots in top 6 roles. Tim Murray thinks they found a bit of a gem.

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
You said no games played, but you used Tatar...so I'll use Cowen and Weircioch:)

2008:
Patrick Weircioch (8 GP)

Derek Grant
Andre Petersson

2009:
David Rundblad

Jared Cowen (1 GP)

2010:
Mark Stone

UFA
David Dziurzinski

Interesting that you like Stone, Grant, Petersson and Dz, but not Jacob Silfverberg or Robin Lehner.

The 4 that you mentioned seem like real longshots, when the OP is looking for 50/50 guys.

Silferberg is a gritty mid sized forward that seems to be developing a scoring touch. He will play in the upcoming World Championships.

Lehner is a very solid goalie prospect that will likely spend the bulk of next season in the AHL with the occasional call up. His WJC was mucked up by a crazy call by the refs that lead to a Russain goal. Because he lost his temper, he did not play in their medal match.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Interesting that you like Stone, Grant, Petersson and Dz, but not Jacob Silfverberg or Robin Lehner.

The 4 that you mentioned seem like real longshots, when the OP is looking for 50/50 guys.

Silferberg is a gritty mid sized forward that seems to be developing a scoring touch. He will play in the upcoming World Championships.

Lehner is a very solid goalie prospect that will likely spend the bulk of next season in the AHL with the occasional call up. His WJC was mucked up by a crazy call by the refs that lead to a Russain goal. Because he lost his temper, he did not play in their medal match.

They aren't long shots at all, Petersson's arguable. Just because Dzuizinski was signed out of the BCHL doesn't make him a long shot, he's one of Binghamton's most improved players, TMurray has already said they think they've got something. His upside is probably not there, but he's got a good shot to become a regular...they wouldn't have gave him the 3 year commitment if they thought he was a longshot. Draft pick is one thing...signing the player for 3 years is another.

Hhahaha it's funny because when I started out Silfverberg was going to be the first one I was going to do. Dzuizinski was just because I wanted to put a guy in the UFA slot and he was the only guy...and I think he's notable, the org is really happy with him, and he's got at least 50% shot. But MoreGore...I post on our board almost hourly every day....you've gotta be blind/absent to think I like those guys more then Lehner and Silfverberg.

But I'll add Silfverberg that was just me looking into the other picks over the years and forgetting to do him. I just didn't feel like doing a goalie and Lehner was in the NHL for half the season...felt other less notables needed mention.

I'd say those guys all have 50% chances. He didn't ask for 75% or anything. Petersson is the most unlikely of the bunch, I mentioned he's basically borderline 50%...but his recent signing has me perceiving him in a positive light lately. People in Sweden think in several different orgs, he would have been a breakout offensive player in the SEL this year. If Stone was picked in the 2nd like he should have been, no one would perceive him as a long shot....he isn't a longshot, he fell through the cracks hard. Like I said also, Kleinendorst said from day one Grant looks like he'll be an NHLer...he's transitioned seemlessly into the AHL at 20 from college and I also saw an independant scout on twitter say he's vastly underrated.

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Nice to hear good stuff about the Sens youth, but I am still not seeing the guys mentioned as long time NHLers. Not because I know anything like you seem to, but more from a math/history perspective.

Anyways, I am curious to see other clubs included, so ante up folks! Do let a Sens fan talk up the Leafs prospects :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->