Look at the bright side...... Jack Hughes!!!!!

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
BPA!

Did we learn nothing from Bernier, Lewis, Hickey, Tuebert and Forbort?
None of those were best player available especially not Teubert who DL wanted as a compliment to Doughty rather than that guy Karlsson whom the scouts wanted...

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
None of those were best player available especially not Teubert who DL wanted as a compliment to Doughty rather than that guy Karlsson whom the scouts wanted...

That's his point.

On another note, so early into the season, and the Kings need a 3 game winning streak just to not be the worst team in the league. So they'll be at the bottom for at least another week.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
At least the Teubert and Forbort picks weren't a reach at the time and many "experts" loved the picks. The Hickey pick was shocking but he's had a decent career, albeit not close to his draft slot. Hickey may have been a decent 2nd pairing guy had injuries not slowed his development.

Rekingsfan17

Aug 23, 2017
The big 'dman' draft was last year. Might be another decade before we get one of those.

I was so hoping for Ryan Merkley last draft.... high hockey IQ, world class passing, top tier skating, great offensive instincts and better than average zone entry. He could have really been an asset three years from now. I couldn't believe it when they passed on him......

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Tankathon | 2019 NHL Draft Order & Lottery Simulator

i
used this tool 10 times in a row, LA finished 1st once...

you guys really need to stop thinking we're going to land Hughes, there's a greater chance that we won't

Well... the odds are right there. The worst team has an 18% chance of getting 1st overall and an 82% chance of not getting it.

The point is the worst team has the best chance at 1st overall and is guaranteed 4th overall at worst; they essentially have a 50/50 chance of getting a top 3 pick or 4th overall

Reactions: KingPuckChoo

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If the flyers get the first pick I'll personally call Kim Jong Un and give him the coordinates to Philly.

Reactions: King Trouty

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Well... the odds are right there. The worst team has an 18% chance of getting 1st overall and an 82% chance of not getting it.

The point is the worst team has the best chance at 1st overall and is guaranteed 4th overall at worst; they essentially have a 50/50 chance of getting a top 3 pick or 4th overall

Exactly, the point is to give yourself the best chance at #1 or to stay in the top 5.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->