Lonny Bohonos...Read This!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
*** for tat. It would be a pleasure to see all displaced players cross the line and be replacements. I had little respect for the NHLPA before this problem. I have less with each passing day.

SPARTAKUS*

There's no doubt that if ( and I think they will ) the NHL uses replacement players that a majority of the fans will support their hockey club. As far as I'm concern I cheer for the Sens I don't really care who are playing for them. I think that hockey fans will be behind the owners just to stick it to the NHLPA. They don't have any player association in Europe and last time I check they were playing hockey over there...suprise..suprise. And their players don't seem to be starving ;)

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I love it, I only hope that Lonny can move up above the Central hockey League, whether it be to the NHL or back to Europe when this is all over, it's sad to think that the players that suffer arn't even in the NHLPA, their the ones playing for Peanuts compared to NHL Salaries and just want to play.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Mr. Bohonos be best looking for a new line of work because at his age his career has reduced him to playing in the Central Hockey League. Since he had no takers at higher levels of organized hockey, I have no sympathy for him.

The fact remains that, he, as a North American, originally displaced a Swiss National (or other European) to begin with. That another North American (who I might add is not crossing a picket line, and yes, there are European Player Associations) displaced him is testament to the state of Bohono's career.

Lonny Bohonos is a hypocrite. He eschews a system that once worked for his benefit.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
Bicycle Repairman said:
The fact remains that, he, as a North American, originally displaced a Swiss National (or other European) to begin with. That another North American (who I might add is not crossing a picket line, and yes, there are European Player Associations) displaced him is testament to the state of Bohono's career.

That is not true.. all european teams have slots for imports.. so he didn't take it from a Swiss National.. as for other European players.. well its a little different when someone who is suppose to be on strike comes over to take your job.. last time I checked, real unions actually walked picket lines.. oh god how I would love to see NHL players huddled around a fire in a barrell

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
BAuldie said:
That is not true.. all european teams have slots for imports.. so he didn't take it from a Swiss National.. as for other European players.. well its a little different when someone who is suppose to be on strike comes over to take your job.. last time I checked, real unions actually walked picket lines.. oh god how I would love to see NHL players huddled around a fire in a barrell

And why was that rule implemented? Certainly it wasn't in the interest of fostering world harmony and exchange of respective cultures. It was an acknowledgement that better players exist elsewhere to the point where they had to be legislated. Take away that roster limitation, and it's arguable that Bohonos could have stayed overseas. Had that happened, there would have been no outcry.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
BAuldie said:

Except, like so many others who have a one-sided, myopic view of the labour situation, you have totally ignored the fact that the players are locked out, not on strike. They are willing to go to work but their employer is preventing them from working, and so they are perfectly within their rights to seek alternative employment.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Bicycle Repairman said:
Mr. Bohonos be best looking for a new line of work because at his age his career has reduced him to playing in the Central Hockey League. Since he had no takers at higher levels of organized hockey, I have no sympathy for him.

Lonny Bohonos is a hypocrite. He eschews a system that once worked for his benefit.

They are happy to displace players who's careers depend on those European jobs for what purpose? Its not the money, their insurance costs are likely eating most of the money they make. So it must be for the glory or winning the Swiss League competition, right? If its for the glory then why have they all got escape clauses? At the first sign of an NHL comp they'll dump the Swiss league, their Swiss teammates, their Swiss fans and run back to the big cheques.

There is a huge difference between a player that goes to Europe because that is where his career has taken him and guy who is just filling in time until he can get back to the NHL. The NHLer is having a working holiday while the labour dispute goes on. Someone like Bohonos needs to play there, someone like Thornton doesn't.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Joe Thornton may do as he pleases in this regard. For he is a rich superstar, with which comes entitlement. Lonny Bohonos, as a bottom feeder, can not. Therein lies the obvious truth.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Bicycle Repairman said:
Joe Thornton may do as he pleases in this regard. For he is a rich superstar, with which comes entitlement. Lonny Bohonos, as a bottom feeder, can not. Therein lies the obvious truth.
Sometimes those say what might be considered controversial to start controversy. People with beliefs like this are why there is a lockout. Congrats.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Bottom line is here, that the players don't mind taking jobs from other players, they think that's the way it is... then there are the refs who made a decision as a group not to go down to other leagues and take jobs away from their minor league counterparts, I wonder which group can call themselves a real union, and which group can call themselves greedy and self serving!

HughJass*

George Bachul said:
Sometimes those say what might be considered controversial to start controversy. People with beliefs like this are why there is a lockout. Congrats.

Exactly. Bicycle repairman = Chris Chelios' *****.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Bicycle Repairman said:

Come with some facts. Oh wait you are a facts on the fly kind of guy. Import slots are a way of life in the European leagues, some more than others. What these players are doing is hypocritical and you know it. I as always anxiously await your next post. You are the Steve Ott of hockeysfuture so you really don't get a rise out of me with your nonsense but at least take some pepto before you let out another barrage of verbal diarrhea.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
BLONG7 said:
Bottom line is here, that the players don't mind taking jobs from other players, they think that's the way it is... then there are the refs who made a decision as a group not to go down to other leagues and take jobs away from their minor league counterparts, I wonder which group can call themselves a real union, and which group can call themselves greedy and self serving!
:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Bohonos played himself out of the swiss league with his attitude, so he's not the best example to illustrate this situation.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I'm gonna cheer for the Flyers whether they're NHL'ers or replacements. To make this simple, If I was supporting my family by playing in Europe and Joe thornton took my job and my ability to provide and put food on the table, I'd gladly cross a line of hypocrites to take his job...he can have it back when he wants it and I'll take mine back when he's done....my families not gonna go hungry so he can add an Olympic size swimming pool or get a new Porsche. Using Thornton as an example...same goes for the rest. I'm not pro owners but the Union's gonna be broken and they know it...they're grasping at straws. This isn't a players union because it's not looking out for their little guys. Once again I'm not Pro owners because I HATE Daly and Bettman but we all know whats coming so why prolong it and put a boatload of people accross the globe out of work??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad