Long time Jets/Coyotes PR guy Rich Nairn resigns

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
This glosses over all of the context and nuance that attend this specific discipline in this specific environment - kind of like saying, "Meh, brain surgeon, air conditioning repair, same thing" - but because this is the Internet and context and nuance are both dead, I'll give you a pass.
I understand what you're saying. Working PR for the Arizona Coyotes is tougher than working for most companies in that sector. Also, idk if you're stating that a brain surgeon is above somebody who fixes air conditioners, but comparing the two is hilarious. Let's just say having working heat / AC is far more important to society than corrupt companies in America who need a PR guy for their problems.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I understand what you're saying. Working PR for the Arizona Coyotes is tougher than working for most companies in that sector. Also, idk if you're stating that a brain surgeon is above somebody who fixes air conditioners, but comparing the two is hilarious. Let's just say having working heat / AC is far more important to society than corrupt companies in America who need a PR guy for their problems.

Actually, I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that working a public relations job is already a stressful job that requires immense creativity with comparatively little financial reward. Putting that job into a sports business environment trebles the stress and demands, and then topping it all off with the diarrhea frosting of a franchise constantly producing scandal after scandal both on and off the ice, makes comparisons to other industries inapplicable.

You've obviously got an axe to grind about something, and I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I've worked in enough disparate industries and roles within them to be able to say with authority that a job like Rich Nairn's can't be directly compared to a run-of-the-mill private sector job.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
My coworker is a good friend of Rich. He basically said Rich has an opportunity to stay in the Phoenix area and continue working in some capacity with the sport. Wouldn’t go too far into detail, but the new gig involves far less travel than he had with the Coyotes.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I'm just surprised someone still worked for the team from the Jets era. Is there anyone else still from the Jets era or Coyotes first days in AZ still working for the team?

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Supposedly Biz is leaving too

I mean, he's already basically full time with Chiclets, Pink Whitney, and all that other assorted BS. His biggest utility right now is that he's the only guy in hockey media who is sympathetic at all to the Coyotes franchise, and that should keep going even if he's not working for them anymore.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I mean, he's already basically full time with Chiclets, Pink Whitney, and all that other assorted BS. His biggest utility right now is that he's the only guy in hockey media who is sympathetic at all to the Coyotes franchise, and that should keep going even if he's not working for them anymore.
And he’s more valuable to the Coyotes in these new roles than he ever was a radio analyst / post game host for the Coyotes.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The team is not moving, period.
100% agree. Some US markets are shrinking…especially in the Midwest. STL shrunk 2.4% last year and their population was less than cities like Mesa already. STL, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, etc are expected to continue to see population decline and financial situations continue to worsen.

Sunbelt markets continue to grow. NHL will not abandon a top 5 US population market like Phoenix and will look to expand into Houston but not by eliminating AZ. The Houston Blues?

Wait until ATL gets a 3rd shot before QC….which is likely to happen.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He's been one foot out the door for a while. Hard to blame him. He's got much better opportunities outside of the org.

I won't miss him on the radio. Lyndsey Fry is so much better now that she's gotten some experience under her belt, and Biz needs to have an outlet like Chiclets where he can let his full douchebro energy out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad