Long term effects of having asymptomatic covid?

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
There has been discussion on how people who had COVID may experience long term term effects or be compromised health wise moving forward. (like getting pneumonia) This may be a silly question, but are those question marks/fears only for these had a debilitating bout of COVID?

If you got COVID but were asymptomatic with 0 symptoms, as if you were never sick, is there still any fear of future complications by the virtue of simply getting it?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Ok I guess my natural follow-up to that is if there's any data showing long term effects of people who got asymptomatic COVID after being vaccinated. I imagine its probably too early to find that out.

Yeah, still pretty early on that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Ok I guess my natural follow-up to that is if there's any data showing long term effects of people who got asymptomatic COVID after being vaccinated. I imagine its probably too early to find that out.

Yeah, still pretty early on that.
I would still expect there to be much less due to lower viral loads though, but we still have to wait and see what the data shows.

Mamas Mustard

Nov 21, 2013
bergen co
I suppose its not "asymptomatic", but my younger brother got Covid back in november after realizing he hAd lost his taste and smell. Only symptom he had throughout his quarantine. After 9 months, he still doesnt have it back.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I suppose its not "asymptomatic", but my younger brother got Covid back in november after realizing he hAd lost his taste and smell. Only symptom he had throughout his quarantine. After 9 months, he still doesnt have it back.
I saw this happen with multiple nurses. Not quite 9 months, but months and months with no smell or taste. The good news is- Delta doesn’t seem to come with this symptom (or at least it isn’t very common); according to the UK symptom tracker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->