Lone Star Brahmas/General NAHL Info

ripham23232

Nov 6, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
With the season starting up, I'm pretty much consuming hockey every waking moment. That said, I'm strongly considering adding a trip to the nearby Lone Star Brahmas to take in a game this weekend. I was doing some preliminary research just to look into things, but can't find a lot of info out there.

I'm wondering if any of you may be more in the know than myself about the Brahmas or really just the NAHL as a whole. I understand it is a Junior league, ranking below the USHL in terms of American Junior leagues. Also saw the Brahmas have a Peter Kessel on the roster. Any relation to Phil? Didn't turn up anything in a quick search on the googler machine.

Anyways, any additional info any of you guys can provide is appreciated. It'd be fun to make this my project for the season, getting a little more in depth with the junior ranks.

Thanks in advance.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
NAHL is a good league I actually enjoyed going to Bismarck Bobcats games. All the players are good. Just sometimes some USHL teams don't have enough space on their roster so they will get them on a team in the NAHL.

If you like fast pace hockey and a little goon hockey you'll like the NAHL.

ripham23232

Nov 6, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
NAHL is a good league I actually enjoyed going to Bismarck Bobcats games. All the players are good. Just sometimes some USHL teams don't have enough space on their roster so they will get them on a team in the NAHL.

If you like fast pace hockey and a little goon hockey you'll like the NAHL.

Can't go wrong with a fast pace of play and some goonery. Sounds like it could be fun.

Dec 13, 2010
NAHL is a fun league to watch but definitely a step below the USHL. A lot of the rough stuff goes in the NA whereas over on the East Coast the comparable USPHL has much less of it. The league does a really good job with putting on a show and making it a nice atmosphere. You'll find a number of Division I prospects and maybe a couple of NHL picks here in there in the NAHL, but for the money (probably costs less than $10 per game I'd assume?) you can't beat it.

To my knowledge there's no relation between Peter and Phil Kessel

Dec 13, 2010
I work for a team in the league so I'm probably not the most unbiased person to talk about it, but I think the Division I commitments from last year and guys like Donato and Starrett playing in the league are pretty good indicators of where the league is

Last edited by a moderator:

PowerPlays

Aug 15, 2014
That's why we sent our boys out to play in the USPHL. All those stats and Division 1 commits don't lie-so far they love it-and we are happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad