London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015

Wow now Branch is back tracking on diving saying ya they missed a few and a different person is looking after the officiating. Suspensions are handled by the commissioner and Vice president oh that happens to be his son (no conflict there). Branch certainly wants to go out with a bang. It has to be an embarrassment to have the host team go in through the back door, heck they can't even fill the arena for this series and still plenty of tickets left for the Memorial Cup. The arena has a seating capacity of 5500 and you haven't sold it out yet, way to go mister Branch I can imagine what the other CHL commissioners think of that. You compare this series to the NHL finals going on now and if called the same way there would always have someone in the box. Hey here is a idea, lets change a rule to flag hockey and if you flag gets taken on you have to fall to the ice to facilitate a hit. I have been following Junior hockey for over 42 years and this is one of the worst officiated playoffs (other series as well) I have ever witnessed. It's bad when I have a 9 year old sitting behind me asking his dad why was that a penalty and the father says I don't know only the Ref does. If a 9 year old can see it????

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Today:
1714914853871.png

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Interesting that 10 years ago, Stolarz received 8 games for a stick swing to the back of Ho-Sang’s helmet. Guo received 5 for a stick swing to the face of Hayes. 10 years ago, I’m sure raging London haters were crying conspiracy for only 8 games for Stolarz. I have barely heard a peep about only 5 games for Guo. Interesting. I don’t have an opinion about what is light or heavy regarding suspensions because I have seen zero consistency during my time following the OHL. I am not a MAGA guy either. Have fun.
Welcome to junior league politic, it takes years to figure this out, ask me I got many behind me

"Best in the world"

• Haha
Reactions: TheOrangePylon

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I don’t think branch or these officials have ever watched an NHL game. It’s a war and if you let the play go and pick up the game speed there is no room left for stupid penalties and teams develop professional respect for eachother.

The OHL is setting a terrible precedent for what these kids should expect in pro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad