London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
When is training camp? When is the rookie camp??

Originally when the OHL came out with their RTP plans, they said September 4th would be the opening date for training camps. But given that the Knights play their first preseason game on September 3rd, I think camp will probably open around August 30/31. Probably no rookie camp because we are a month away and still haven't heard anything.

Reactions: LDN

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Is this some lame attempt at a gotcha? I would have gone with the Bill Bowler, Ed Jovanovski and Corey Evans three headed hydra of depravity instead, since Bill is still the current GM of the Spits. Should have done your homework.
Nah, I went with the one where the guy was actually sentenced to prison, not the one where the guy had the charges dropped.

Reactions: aresknights

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Who thinks the KNights move a few players for picks this year? or parlaying players into more experienced OA's?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Lucas Rowe won’t be playing an OA season with the Fronts. Signed with the OJHL’s Pickering Panthers.

Unfortunate that he couldn’t find a fit somewhere in the league. Missing out on this season likely hurt him a lot as there was clearly something there with him at some point for him to be a 1st round pick to the Knights.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Unfortunate that he couldn’t find a fit somewhere in the league. Missing out on this season likely hurt him a lot as there was clearly something there with him at some point for him to be a 1st round pick to the Knights.

Not one of the Knights best picks especially for a first rounder. Got a 3rd round pick back if memory serves me correct from Flint? Flint then flipped him shortly after for a 10th or maybe even lower pick from Kingston? Had to love that ole Flint team and there asset management.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Will Landon Sim play this season?

He’s signed. There are a lot of forwards this year (I think around 16 or so) so it will be tough competition for ice time. The one advantage he does have is that he, unlike most if not all of the 16/17 year olds played junior hockey last season

Reactions: LDN and TJHKY

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
He’s signed. There are a lot of forwards this year (I think around 16 or so) so it will be tough competition for ice time. The one advantage he does have is that he, unlike most if not all of the 16/17 year olds played junior hockey last season
Yes, he played Jr A in Nova Scotia of his home province.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not one of the Knights best picks especially for a first rounder. Got a 3rd round pick back if memory serves me correct from Flint? Flint then flipped him shortly after for a 10th or maybe even lower pick from Kingston? Had to love that ole Flint team and there asset management.
Wasn't the Lucas Rowe trade part of the Kolyachonok waiver claim deal? It was unclear which assets Flint parted with get London to release Koly over Guskov, and which ones were for Rowe.

Reactions: LDN and Buttsy

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Koly was on waivers, but at the time there was information going around that the Lucas Rowe trade was part of the Kolyachonok release deal. Otherwise London would have kept Kolyachonok and released Guskov. And if I remember correctly the rumours were that Guskov was not going to report to Flint if they claimed him. Basically it was a trade for Kolyachonok, without actually trading for Kolyachonok.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
It looks like Kirill Steklov will not be returning for next season. He is going to play in Russia instead.
It will be a loss, but not a huge loss.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It looks like Kirill Steklov will not be returning for next season. He is going to play in Russia instead.

If that's true that is a big loss
Thought of the dmen coming back he was the best defensive man back there.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
The Ontario Hockey League (OHL) is announcing that effective October 7, 2021 with the commencement of the 2021-22 regular season, the League will be expanding its current vaccination policy which applies to members of the OHL Community. This expanded policy will cover all spectators and other attendees at all OHL events, including games and practices.
Those wishing to gain access to OHL facilities of the 17 Ontario based teams will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 and follow any other safety protocols while in the facility. Children under the age of 12 will be required to be accompanied and supervised by a fully vaccinated adult and will be required to follow all safety protocols.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Doesn't look like ruslan gazizov is coming over either. So another big hit
The Knights won the Memorial Cup in 2005 without an import on the roster. With three possible overage positions open Mark will perform his magic tricks again.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered already but has anyone heard of attendance limits at the Bud for this upcoming season? I’ve unofficially heard the number 5000 but that is apparently a moving target. I don’t know how they could only allow 5000 in when there are 6500-7000 season tickets by last count. How do you make it fair to STH and the general public as well? Thoughts?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Sorry if this has been answered already but has anyone heard of attendance limits at the Bud for this upcoming season? I’ve unofficially heard the number 5000 but that is apparently a moving target. I don’t know how they could only allow 5000 in when there are 6500-7000 season tickets by last count. How do you make it fair to STH and the general public as well? Thoughts?
I think 5000 is even ambitious. Provincial number is currently 1000 indoors. With that many STH’s, there’s no perfect solution. The best I’ve come up with is dividing up the games to the STH’s, but even that’s not great because how do you decide who goes to what games, etc.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm glad he won't be back. I'd like to see the young kids get more ice. We have a good crop of rookie D-men plus Montgomery and Roger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad