London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
The U17 was cancelled on July 3rd, almost a month ago. Thats the date on the hockey canada article anyways.

And......there you have it, 3 months out, We should expect the U20 announcement around Labour Day. That announcement should lift the pressure for the CHL to start play in December.
2020 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge | Hockey Canada

Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, scheduled for Oct. 31-Nov. 7 in Charlottetown and Summerside, P.E.I., has been cancelled.

Reactions: zman77

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
The Ontario Hockey League has issued the statement below in regards to the 2020-2021 Season:
Toronto, Ont. - The Ontario Hockey League today announced that it is planning to return to play on December 1, 2020, subject to ensuring that the players, fans, staff and community are able to play and attend games safely. Over the next four months the League will continue to work with government and health agencies to finalize outstanding issues such as safe attendance at venues and cross border travel for teams and players.
“We are looking forward to getting back to playing hockey, but are committed to ensuring that we do so in a manner that is safe and healthy for our players, officials, families, billets, teams, staff, fans and the community,” said OHL Commissioner David Branch. “Players will remain at home until the season resumes and teams will work closely with them on both their academic studies and overseeing their on and off-ice development. In addition, the League will liaise with our facilities to ensure that our venues are safe for our return to play.”
The season will include a 64-game schedule and a 16-team playoff format. The regular season is scheduled to end on Thursday April 29, 2021. The 102nd Memorial Cup presented by Kia is scheduled to be played June 17-27, 2021 and will be hosted by either the Oshawa Generals or Soo Greyhounds.

If you have not paid your season tickets in full yet, your final price owing will be adjusted for the 32 game season.
If you have already paid your season tickets in full, please contact [email protected] or call 519-681-0800 x 1 for assistance.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Still going to be interesting to see this play out. Hoping its not a league wide cash grab of season tic $ to tide the teams over.
Im sure London would refund instead of credits but will all teams offer immediate refunds if season is delayed longer or shortened, or go the way of credits?
I would love to see teams offer current season tic holders an option for their previous loyalty. An opt out for 1 year but your seat is held until the following season to repurchase. It would be up for grabs this year thou on a per game basis. Cant see it but would be a nice gesture in light of whats happened this year.
Not going to affect me. Got my seat but I can see some loyal fans league wide dropping seats in a wait n see scenario. It would be a great good will gesture on part the league n teams. JMO

Hopefully all is good

Otto

Still going to be interesting to see this play out. Hoping its not a league wide cash grab of season tic $ to tide the teams over.
Im sure London would refund instead of credits but will all teams offer immediate refunds if season is delayed longer or shortened, or go the way of credits?
I would love to see teams offer current season tic holders an option for their previous loyalty. An opt out for 1 year but your seat is held until the following season to repurchase. It would be up for grabs this year thou on a per game basis. Cant see it but would be a nice gesture in light of whats happened this year.
Not going to affect me. Got my seat but I can see some loyal fans league wide dropping seats in a wait n see scenario. It would be a great good will gesture on part the league n teams. JMO

Hopefully all is good

I just asked for a credit for the 2 games, and honestly, f the season gets cancelled I'll just ask for a credit for the season.. I'll end up paying for tickets eventually.

I've already received a response from Cindy and the credit has been applied to my account.

Last edited:

Otto

Season ticket holder deadline extended:

As a follow up to the announcement released yesterday by the Ontario Hockey League for an anticipated 2020-21 season start date of December 1st, we have further extended the final payment deadline for season ticket renewals to Thursday, October 1st, 2020.
At this time, we have no additional information regarding the upcoming season. Once we receive any updates, we will be sure to send them out.
If you have already submitted your form online for one of the payment plans, the final installment will automatically be updated to October 1st, 2020.
Please watch your email for updates as additional information becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or call 519-681-0800 ext 1.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I just asked for a credit for the 2 games, and honestly, f the season gets cancelled I'll just ask for a credit for the season.. I'll end up paying for tickets eventually.

I've already received a response from Cindy and the credit has bene applied to my account.

Works for you and I would do the same.

My point was some season tic holders league wide may be uncomfortable ponying up for tics this year with all the uncertainty concerning the virus. And thats a legit concern esp with crowds indoors.
Especially if they are in an at risk group due to age or health. If they have supported the league in the past as season tic holders Id love to see the league (teams) step up and say you can take a pass this year and your seats will be available to you the following season if you choose. A one year grace period.
Season tic holders keep this league afloat, and should have the option not to purchase this year without losing their seat the following year.
Alienate them they wont come back.
London would be fine as they could back fill any lost season tic holders with new ones but league wide I doubt many other teams could.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I wonder if the kids who go to Blythe Academy will come ahead of camp. I paid for my tickets a long time ago and I am certain the Knights will do the right thing whatever that may be when the time comes

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if the kids who go to Blythe Academy will come ahead of camp. I paid for my tickets a long time ago and I am certain the Knights will do the right thing whatever that may be when the time comes

From what I’ve heard, no one will be reporting until camps open

On the mend..getting stronger each day

Day of surgery
116346526_10159040406594245_8022646688608508635_n.jpg

5 days after surgery

116126330_10159056111614245_6342919330357831027_o.jpg

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
On the mend..getting stronger each day

Day of surgery
116346526_10159040406594245_8022646688608508635_n.jpg

5 days after surgery

116126330_10159056111614245_6342919330357831027_o.jpg
Hang in their PP31 my wife has 2 Robo knees and it’s been the best thing she has ever done. Bone on Bone in her case would make her cry some days. Although mechanical knees are never quite as good as the real thing they will be way better then your old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad