London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So NHL is targeting a December 1 return date. I assume the AHL would probably follow a similar timeline.

Now if the CHL starts in October like they hope, I wonder where that leaves guys like McMichael, Foudy, Gruden, Regula, etc. If there is no pro hockey in North America it seems possible their NHL clubs would want them to get some games in junior.

Perhaps they would then be called back up to the pro leagues in December.

Hopefully the OHL is planning to make the OA rule flexible in that case.

I wouldn't count on any of it happening until the border issue is worked out... and we are a long way from that

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Selling my Ryan Rupert game worn jersey for $300 (beige jersey with Mem Cup patch...comes with the letter of authenticity). Moving....need money. PM if interested

Boduke

Oct 13, 2017
Anyone know the status on Isaiah George. I know he was the 6th player drafted by LK and that the top 5 have signed. I think there was some speculation that he would go NCAA but I don't see/hear anything --- just that TriCity drafted him into USHL, His scouting reports looked good and others indicate that they were surprised how far he fell in the draft

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I wouldn't count on any of it happening until the border issue is worked out... and we are a long way from that

Totally agree and the participation of fans in the stands has to be sorted. Without fans no OHL as they have stated. A January 2021 startup I believe would line up with the NHL 2021 season start much better as well? More and more I am thinking January 2021 for the CHL to start is much more realistic?

4kmm4

Jun 12, 2013
It would be really nice if the Knights/OHL communicated with it's fans. Especially season ticket holders.
Last year the schedule was released June 11. Here we are a month later and crickets.
With the August 4th STH payment due, it would be nice to know what we're paying for.
If it's not going to start until January 2021, why do they need my money now?
Frustrated with the lack of communication ....

Otto

It would be really nice if the Knights/OHL communicated with it's fans. Especially season ticket holders.
Last year the schedule was released June 11. Here we are a month later and crickets.
With the August 4th STH payment due, it would be nice to know what we're paying for.
If it's not going to start until January 2021, why do they need my money now?
Frustrated with the lack of communication ....

Really?

How can they communicate when they don't even know? If you want your seats for next season pay for them.. if they don't play, or they play a reduced schedule then they will have options available.

Reactions: TheCoach

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
Really?

How can they communicate when they don't even know? If you want your seats for next season pay for them.. if they don't play, or they play a reduced schedule then they will have options available.

From Kitchener Rangers site:

Frequently Asked Questions – Kitchener Rangers

Season Tickets

What happens if regular season games or the 2020/21 season are cancelled?
The Ontario Hockey League is confident that the 2020/21 season will take place. If the season is shortened/altered in any way, Kitchener Rangers Seasons Ticket Holders will receive refunds/credits for games missed.
If paid by credit card, funds will be returned to the card used for purchase. If paid by Interac/cheque/cash, Season Ticket Holders will receive a cheque in the mail from the City of Kitchener.
What social distancing protocols will be in place? Will capacity at Rangers games be affected due to COVID-19?
The Kitchener Rangers are awaiting Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Government guidelines and procedures on how we can re-open safely. The safety and well-being of our fans, players, billets, staff, and community partners are our top priority.
Please be assured that our organization will continue relaying information about social distancing measures as they become available to us.
What is the team’s COVID-19 Ticket Refund Policy?
This policy is for the 2020/21 season only due to the uncertainty that has been created with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The process to be followed by Season Ticket Holders:
1. Process payments as previously scheduled for July 10th, 2020.
2. Once all return to play guidelines and procedures have been established by Federal, Provincial, Municipal Governments, and the League are announced, we will allow Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to cancel and receive a full refund for all monies paid should the Season Ticket Holder be uncomfortable with the guidelines established. For clarity, a Season Ticket Holder may be uncomfortable with any established social distancing protocol and therefore choose to cancel.
3. Upon announcement of the return to play guidelines and protocols, a Season Ticket Holder will have seven (7) days to respond to their option within this policy.
4. If cancelling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season – should you choose to renew.

Reactions: Knights Watcher

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Selling my Ryan Rupert game worn jersey for $300 (beige jersey with Mem Cup patch...comes with the letter of authenticity). Moving....need money. PM if interested

First off hope your not leaving our wonderful City / Area? Second regardless I hope the move goes well, and third I loved the Rupert boys BUT other then the “Baby Bluish Uniforms” from way way back the Beige is not my favourite!

Price seems really reasonable though, I’m sure you will sell it quickly. Again best of luck on the move Nelli.

4kmm4

Jun 12, 2013
From Kitchener Rangers site:

Frequently Asked Questions – Kitchener Rangers

Season Tickets

What happens if regular season games or the 2020/21 season are cancelled?
The Ontario Hockey League is confident that the 2020/21 season will take place. If the season is shortened/altered in any way, Kitchener Rangers Seasons Ticket Holders will receive refunds/credits for games missed.
If paid by credit card, funds will be returned to the card used for purchase. If paid by Interac/cheque/cash, Season Ticket Holders will receive a cheque in the mail from the City of Kitchener.
What social distancing protocols will be in place? Will capacity at Rangers games be affected due to COVID-19?
The Kitchener Rangers are awaiting Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Government guidelines and procedures on how we can re-open safely. The safety and well-being of our fans, players, billets, staff, and community partners are our top priority.
Please be assured that our organization will continue relaying information about social distancing measures as they become available to us.
What is the team’s COVID-19 Ticket Refund Policy?
This policy is for the 2020/21 season only due to the uncertainty that has been created with the COVID-19 pandemic.
The process to be followed by Season Ticket Holders:
1. Process payments as previously scheduled for July 10th, 2020.
2. Once all return to play guidelines and procedures have been established by Federal, Provincial, Municipal Governments, and the League are announced, we will allow Season Ticket Holders the opportunity to cancel and receive a full refund for all monies paid should the Season Ticket Holder be uncomfortable with the guidelines established. For clarity, a Season Ticket Holder may be uncomfortable with any established social distancing protocol and therefore choose to cancel.
3. Upon announcement of the return to play guidelines and protocols, a Season Ticket Holder will have seven (7) days to respond to their option within this policy.
4. If cancelling your 2020/21 tickets, you will be invited back as a Season Ticket Holder but will not be guaranteed the same seats for the 2021/22 season – should you choose to renew.

So I have to find the information on Kitchener's board. Pathetic.
If the Knights/OHL don't know, tell us that. Lack of communication is deafening.
Why should I give them $1300 for a maybe. If you have the money, lucky you. But don't be arrogant about it.

Otto

If the Knights/OHL don't know, tell us that. Lack of communication is deafening.
Why should I give them $1300 for a maybe. If you have the money, lucky you. But don't be arrogant about it.
Again... there is literally no information.. because nobody knows yet.. even Kitchener says 'pay for a maybe'

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nobody has to give them money now. But if enough people want to give them money now for a maybe, then you lose your opportunity later. Your choice.

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London

Perhaps contacting the Knights Sales/Marketing department might be an option?

Director of Ticketing, Cindy Mitro, at 519-681-0800 ext 6445, or [email protected]

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014

Lol if you dont I'm sure there are 100's who would

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

I wouldn’t be shocked to see a few players like Connor see game action. It’s a very condensed schedule and let’s face facts 19 year old legs bounce back a little quicker then a pair of 35 year old legs. Robertson from the Pete’s is another example as he is in the Leafs “Bubble” granted the Leafs are a little younger overall (pretty sure on that anyway?) then the veteran laden Capitals.

Good for Connor like Foudy last season enjoy the experience kid!

Otto

Email from the Knights:

Dear Season Ticket Holder,
We hope you are continuing to keeping safe and healthy during this time!
We have further extended the final payment deadline for season ticket renewals to Tuesday, September 1st, 2020.
As of right now, we have no new information regarding the upcoming season. Once we receive any updates, we will be sure to send them out.
If you have already submitted your form online for one of the payment plans, the final installment will automatically be updated to September 1st, 2020.
Please watch your email for updates as additional information becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or call 519-681-0800 ext 1.
The Aluminum Associates London Knights Armoury and our phone line (519-681-0800 ext 1) are open Monday through Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm.
Thank you for your understanding of the current situation and your continued support of the London Knights Hockey Club
Take care, and stay safe!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Just a casual observation I see the Spits Off Season Thread is on to Part 2 yet London is still on Part 1. Hmm, first time I recall London not being way ahead in the Thread post count?

Where in the heck is my man Fastpace when you need him! :help: :help:

Otto

Just a casual observation I see the Spits Off Season Thread is on to Part 2 yet London is still on Part 1. Hmm, first time I recall London not being way ahead in the Thread post count?

Where in the heck is my man Fastpace when you need him! :help: :help:

Knights fans generally only eat their own during the season... in Windsor it's a year round thing... helps that their team is in perennial suckage mode

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
as of now, I’d say:

Peterka-McMichael-Evangelista
Stranges-Moskal-Dunkley
Rolofs-McCue-McGurn
Panwar-Bujold-Chantler
Smith/Sim/Crane

Keane-Skinner
Steklov-Montgomery
Mailloux-Roger
Edward/Federkow

Brochu
Onuska

this roster would allow for another OA to be added. Gruden could potentially be back but trying to predict that is a circus. if not, this team needs another top 6 forward. say they add a RW and run a 3rd line of Rolofs-McCue-Dunkley, that’s intriguing. I’d also want another D-man. preferably a left handed puck mover.

as for the bottom of the lineup, they’re all interchangeable. I would like to see Panwar find a home where he can get some more ice time. one of the 04s will have to play Jr. B or Jr. A somewhere (5 signed). I would like to keep Bujold, Edward and Sim up. unlike Mailloux last season, I think Edward could see a good amount of games with the big club this season. Colton Smith’s CCHL rights were just traded a little while ago so I don’t think it’d be the worst if he played there. I don’t know what all the local Jr. B teams are looking like in terms of 04’s, but I’m sure Crane could latch on somewhere there too
2nd line looks like a 3rd line.
Like the defense.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->