London Knights 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Probably gets more if he goes to London.
He will certainly get more perks in London then most AHL Teams. All past players always say the Hunters run the Knights like an NHL Team. That’s what comes from 9000 butts in the seats every game and owners that want to invest in their product rather then run to the bank. Well run to the bank with all of it anyway , I’m guessing they don’t do it for no personal gain at all?
LOL

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
He will certainly get more perks in London then most AHL Teams. All past players always say the Hunters run the Knights like an NHL Team. That’s what comes from 9000 butts in the seats every game and owners that want to invest in their product rather then run to the bank. Well run to the bank with all of it anyway , I’m guessing they don’t do it for no personal gain at all?
LOL
It’s a simple cycle. Early on in their success they pulled a lot of high end players with low assets spent. They had enormous success (both on the ice and with alumni going to NHL). Which contributed to a loyal and full fan base. That fan base now supplies them with all the money that other teams don’t make. As a result, they have plenty of money to give players things that majority of teams can’t offer. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It’s a simple cycle. Early on in their success they pulled a lot of high end players with low assets spent. They had enormous success (both on the ice and with alumni going to NHL). Which contributed to a loyal and full fan base. That fan base now supplies them with all the money that other teams don’t make. As a result, they have plenty of money to give players things that majority of teams can’t offer. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

No need to explain and of course you are 100% bang on. Always a little surprised I think London could easily support an AHL Team as far as Fan Base goes. Personally I’m glad our upper tier for live action is the OHL I far enjoy the 16-20 year old development rather then “Semi Pro”. AHL or any other league can go an piss off. Unless of course we were to recruit Doug Glatt as our enforcer!!

Reactions: NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
No need to explain and of course you are 100% bang on. Always a little surprised I think London could easily support an AHL Team as far as Fan Base goes. Personally I’m glad our upper tier for live action is the OHL I far enjoy the 16-20 year old development rather then “Semi Pro”. AHL or any other league can go an piss off. Unless of course we were to recruit Doug Glatt as our enforcer!!
I’ve been to a few AHL games and don’t get the same enjoyment as CHL hockey. Agreed

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
20200703_111630.jpg 20200703_111642.jpg

Picked up this game worn beauty today. Already made arrangements to get it signed

Edit: Apparently there's a white one on Ebay

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
View attachment 352315 View attachment 352316

Picked up this game worn beauty today. Already made arrangements to get it signed

Edit: Apparently there's a white one on Ebay

Dan was born in a little town called Millgrove a couple of miles from where I grew up. Good chance my Mom had him and his brothers and sisters on her school bus route. Always watched his career, he is a real demonstration of how big that last step is from the OHL to the NHL. Never quite good enough to make it and stick in the NHL. Great player and leader for sure nice scoop on the jersey. Just checked I knew it was not many he only dressed for 6 official games for the Ducks.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Dan was born in a little town called Millgrove a couple of miles from where I grew up. Good chance my Mom had him and his brothers and sisters on her school bus route. Always watched his career, he is a real demonstration of how big that last step is from the OHL to the NHL. Never quite good enough to make it and stick in the NHL. Great player and leader for sure nice scoop on the jersey. Just checked I knew it was not many he only dressed for 6 official games for the Ducks.

Where did you grow up? I'm from Burlington and lived in Waterdown for a year after I got married

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I grew up in a small (very small) town called Westover. On Westover Road between the 7th and 8th concessions. Mom and Dad built a house on my Grandfathers farm. Went to High School at Parkside in Dundas (Graduated 1982 I think?) LOL.

Dan didn’t score a lot of NHL goals but on October 23rd in Detroit he sniped his only one in an Anaheim Jersey. Assuming they had their greens on that should be it!

Reactions: Otto

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
For funsies, former Knights in the NHL all on one team;

Matthew Tkachuk – John Tavares – Patrick Kane
Max Domi – Bo Horvat – Mitch Marner
Patrick Maroon - Nazem Kadri – Corey Perry
Robert Thomas - Christian Dvorak – Josh Anderson
John Carlson – Victor Mete
Nikita Zadorov – Evan Bouchard
Michael Del Zotto – Olli Maatta
Michael Hutchinson
Anthony Stolarz

Healthy Scratches – Adam Boqvist, Sam Gagner, Andreas Athanasiou, Liam Foudy, Vladislav Namestnikov, Chris Tierney, Alex Formenton, so so much more, probably could've made an AHL team as well.

Recently Retired – Rick Nash, Steve Mason, Chris Kelly, Dan Girardi, Marc Methot

Light in goal but that is a playoff roster. Forward wise it’s absolutely elite level. I'm sure it's way over the cap as well. Pretty nuts.

Last edited:

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018

Michael Hutchinson
Anthony Stolarz

Healthy Scratches – Sam Gagner, Andreas Athanasiou, Liam Foudy, Vladislav Namestnikov, Chris Tierney, Alex Formenton, so so much more, probably could've made an AHL team as well.

Recently Retired – Rick Nash, Steve Mason, Chris Kelly, Dan Girardi, Marc Methot

Light in goal but that is a playoff roster. Forward wise it’s absolutely elite level. I'm sure it's way over the cap as well. Pretty nuts.
neat exercise. game scores would be football-like 12-11

Reactions: LDN

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Ottawa has Rossi on the NHL reserve. Not sure how and why this is allowed but apparently there are some Covid rules we don’t know about.

There is a rule already around 1st round picks/Import picks. If the Import pick is picked in the 1st round of the NHL draft. The CHL team does not need to release him or "protect him". They simply draft another import player (for a total of 3 on their "Roster").

They can only dress 2 so if the 1st round pick comes back and the team has 2 imports signed and rostered already. The team has to release one of the players (can't be traded).

An example of the rule happened with the Knights and Kolyochonik (now in Flint) a couple of years ago.

Now with the NHL draft not being until Octoberish. I think the CHL has agreed on a one time deal with players expected to go in the first round.
I think there is little to no doubt that Rossi goes in the first round. So the CHL has allowed said player to be deemed a "1st round pick" for the purpose of being able to do rosters this season. There is also a little know rule that if a 1st round NHL drafted Import player is sent back to the CHL after mid February that player does not count against the "Import/OA" numbers. Not sure how that rule would apply now with the potential of a irregular seasons in both NHL and CHL.

So Rossi did not "need to be released" in order for Ottawa to draft 2 (not sure how many they had) fresh Import players. That is providing that a "late" NHL draft has provided a one time rule modification.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Michael Hutchinson
Anthony Stolarz

Healthy Scratches – Sam Gagner, Andreas Athanasiou, Liam Foudy, Vladislav Namestnikov, Chris Tierney, Alex Formenton, so so much more, probably could've made an AHL team as well.

In case anyone was actually wondering what the team cap hit would be (scratches not included), I have a lot of time on my hands and it is $81,262,999, which is $237,001 under the salary cap

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Almost like I planned it lol

This is usually what I do with every new NHL game. I cut out Carolina, insert London and put all the former Knights on the same roster and play a season. After one season though I move on to franchise mode instead cause there's no trades, picks, etc if your doing a all Knights roster.

STS

Jul 3, 2005
In case anyone was actually wondering what the team cap hit would be (scratches not included), I have a lot of time on my hands and it is $81,262,999, which is $237,001 under the salary cap
Interesting topic .... Bring it on then maybe with a fantasy hockey team perhaps ! Would love to see this roster in action for sure ....

STS

Jul 3, 2005

Michael Hutchinson
Anthony Stolarz

Maybe Adam Boquist over del Zotto?

Reactions: KnightsWatch

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
To me Del Zotto is a prime example of bringing up a kid to NHL too early. I think another year in junior + World Juniors would have been better for his career. Just my opinion so no need to bash me.

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
To me Del Zotto is a prime example of bringing up a kid to NHL too early. I think another year in junior + World Juniors would have been better for his career. Just my opinion so no need to bash me.
same things happening with Victor Mete right now

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So NHL is targeting a December 1 return date. I assume the AHL would probably follow a similar timeline.

Now if the CHL starts in October like they hope, I wonder where that leaves guys like McMichael, Foudy, Gruden, Regula, etc. If there is no pro hockey in North America it seems possible their NHL clubs would want them to get some games in junior.

Perhaps they would then be called back up to the pro leagues in December.

Hopefully the OHL is planning to make the OA rule flexible in that case.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
So NHL is targeting a December 1 return date. I assume the AHL would probably follow a similar timeline.

Now if the CHL starts in October like they hope, I wonder where that leaves guys like McMichael, Foudy, Gruden, Regula, etc. If there is no pro hockey in North America it seems possible their NHL clubs would want them to get some games in junior.

Perhaps they would then be called back up to the pro leagues in December.

Hopefully the OHL is planning to make the OA rule flexible in that case.
Be kind of weird because most teams would have to fill their OA spots when the guys go up to pro. With guys who are most likely sitting at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad