London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Pooches are fine just had to get heart worm medicine for both of them and rabies shots. Planned on attending both days as I always do but now she booked us in for breakfast at daughters house for Easter FFS !! She is doing her best to p*** me off. I will rely again on the Nellie report. One kid I liked last year was Dowiak from PA. How did he look? Have fun Sunday everyone and look forward to updates.
Dowiak didn't do much today. His dad is a nice guy, and quite knowledgeable about the game. Penn State is an option if he doesn't make the Knights.

Reactions: LDN

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Really appreciate the posts from those in attendance today. I’ll try to make it tomorrow.

Was Anselmini there? He was the Knights’ first 3rd round pick a couple weeks ago and I thought I read that some scouting services did not even have him ranked in the top 300 players eligible for the draft?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Really appreciate the posts from those in attendance today. I’ll try to make it tomorrow.

Was Anselmini there? He was the Knights’ first 3rd round pick a couple weeks ago and I thought I read that some scouting services did not even have him ranked in the top 300 players eligible for the draft?
Yes, the kid from Guelph. Decent skater, small--didn't stand out.

deleteme2468

Apr 13, 2019
Yes, the kid from Guelph. Decent skater, small--didn't stand out.

Thanks nelli. Saginaw took Dylan Duke the pick after Anselmini but maybe London really wanted Anselmini and Federkow and thought either/or wouldn’t be there in round 4. Or maybe they thought Duke was going to be too hard to recruit to the OHL to risk missing out on players who were sure to report to the OHL. I thought it was interesting, anyway.

Reactions: nelli27 and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I was not in attendance and I dont want to pick on the kid, but shouldn't Evangelista be dominating this?
Happy to hear about Winslow! I like what I hear about that Federkow kid...sounds like he has some grit! We need that. Panwar will of course be a good OHL player....He has the tools and he may push his way up the lineup next season. I am wondering about these free agent kids Estapa and Montgomery do they have a decent shot at coming in next season? ...wondering if McCue gets some games next year? .....also how many guys can be signed to "B" cards (or like 9 or 10 game tryouts?)

Reactions: zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks nelli. Saginaw took Dylan Duke the pick after Anselmini but maybe London really wanted Anselmini and Federkow and thought either/or wouldn’t be there in round 4. Or maybe they thought Duke was going to be too hard to recruit to the OHL to risk missing out on players who were sure to report to the OHL. I thought it was interesting, anyway.
It seemed weird that they picked McCue, Aselmini and Federkow when many higher rated prospects were on the board...but what do I know....It is likely that they have a list and really liked these guys

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Opted out of breakfast. Have a pissed off wife but she will get over it. I will give my opinion for what it is worth.

Reactions: nelli27

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
This kid Mark Estapa looks good

And

Logan Mailloux has size needs to get more comfortable playing the puck quickly

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Oilers interview Mark Hunter a second time for vacant GM role.

Between this and the Canadian Junior team stuff with Mark and Dale, announced during the playoffs, there was just too much distraction going on in London. It showed on the ice.

If Mark moves on again, well good for him, wish him well. But I'd caution him against it, trying to fix Edmonton would be like hearding cats.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I went today to check out Rolofs and Mailloux, but ended up walking away more impressed with Estapa and Montgomery. Hope we can get these two on board. Estapa, in particular, looks like a guy who'll give you 100% every time he steps on the ice (with skill as well). Montgomery, not as much, but I think the potential is there....good size and skating ability. Evangelista and Panwar looked decent, but so they should.

Other than that, no one really jumped out at me too much, but what can we expect in a couple of hours.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The changes approved by the NCAA’s Division I Council today will significantly alter the recruiting timeline for Division I men’s hockey prospects with the goal of slowing down and improving the recruiting experience.
The changes restructure the timing of permissible recruiting activities, creating two starting points for various recruiting activities. The most impactful changes are:
  • Eliminating all recruiting conversations (whether initiated by the coach or the prospect) prior to Jan. 1 of a prospect’s sophomore (grade 10) year.
  • Establishing Aug. 1 prior to a prospect’s junior (grade 11) year as the first date when NCAA coaches can make a verbal offer.
“The college hockey community recognized recruiting has accelerated to a point that isn’t healthy for prospects, our programs or the sport as a whole,” said Josh Fenton, NCHC commissioner who led a committee of commissioners, coaches, and administrators that developed the rule change proposal. “Our underlying goal is to improve the recruiting landscape for prospects, families and coaches, and we believe these changes will make a significant impact.”
NCAA Rule Changes to Slow Recruiting - College Hockey, Inc.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
NELLI REPORT, vol. 2

GOLD 5 (Estapa 4, Mailloux) GREEN 4 (Whyte, Anselmini, Dowiak, Rolofs):

What was I saying yesterday about Estapa making a good first impression? How about an excellent second impression? Estapa scored 4 goals, yes 4 of Gold's 5 goals! I looked over at the Knights' brass in attendance, and there was considerable chatter after he scored that 4th goal. Logan Mailloux with the other marker for team Gold. He fired a seeing-eye snap shot just inside the blueline.
Rolofs with his first goal (Green). Nice to see our first two picks score in their first mini-camp.
Bryce Montgomery (from Maryland) is a huge d-man, a 2002 birthdate, who's 6'3", 200 lbs. He can skate and handles the puck well. He's committed to Providence College (2021), but maybe he opts for the OHL.
Brayden Krieger played well. Has he signed yet with the Knights? I ask because he was wearing a Knights helmet today, and I believe they're only given out to signed players. Avery Winslow was also wearing a Knights helmet as I mentioned yesterday. He could very well be OHL ready, smooth skater, with his head always up looking to make a play. I like what he brings.
Connor Federkow is an undersized d-man but plays a physical game; he's mean!
Dane Dowiak scored a beautiful goal, sniped top shelf, short side, from an almost impossible angle. Ty Anselmini rounded out the scoring for team Green.
Evangelista was much better today; great playmaking ability. Panwar looking good.
Brendan Mairs also looked good, a hitting machine.
Mitchell Lee crosschecked Keane...wrestled afterwards. No fights today.
Nothing to say about the goaltending.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Brayden Krieger, 18 years old, 2001, 6th Rd Pick 2017 by the London Knights.
Krieger was a scoring machine @ Listowel Jr. B this season with 84pts.
Born: Elora, Ontario (same as Owen MacDonald).
6' 0" 161 lbs., Forward, Shoots Left.

2016-17
3.png
Waterloo Wolves Minor Midget AAA
AHMMPL 331518336 | Playoffs 15 6 5 11
2017-18
3.png
Guelph Jr. Gryphons Midget AAA
SCTA 6438529030 |
3.png
Listowel Cyclones
GOJHL 50002 | Playoffs 2 0 0 0
2018-19
3.png
Listowel Cyclones
GOJHL 48gms36G48A8422 | Playoffs 21 8 13 21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
NELLI REPORT, vol. 2

GOLD 5 (Estapa 4, Mailloux) GREEN 4 (Whyte, Anselmini, Dowiak, Rolofs):

What was I saying yesterday about Estapa making a good first impression? How about an excellent second impression? Estapa scored 4 goals, yes 4 of Gold's 5 goals! I looked over at the Knights' brass in attendance, and there was considerable chatter after he scored that 4th goal. Logan Mailloux with the other marker for team Gold. He fired a seeing-eye snap shot just inside the blueline.
Rolofs with his first goal (Green). Nice to see our first two picks score in their first mini-camp.
Bryce Montgomery (from Maryland) is a huge d-man, a 2002 birthdate, who's 6'3", 200 lbs. He can skate and handles the puck well. He's committed to Providence College (2021), but maybe he opts for the OHL.
Brayden Krieger played well. Has he signed yet with the Knights? I ask because he was wearing a Knights helmet today, and I believe they're only given out to signed players. Avery Winslow was also wearing a Knights helmet as I mentioned yesterday. He could very well be OHL ready, smooth skater, with his head always up looking to make a play. I like what he brings.
Connor Federkow is an undersized d-man but plays a physical game; he's mean!
Dane Dowiak scored a beautiful goal, sniped top shelf, short side, from an almost impossible angle. Ty Anselmini rounded out the scoring for team Green.
Evangelista was much better today; great playmaking ability. Panwar looking good.
Brendan Mairs also looked good, a hitting machine.
Mitchell Lee crosschecked Keane...wrestled afterwards. No fights today.
Nothing to say about the goaltending.

A+ once again. I assume we will hear about a Winslow and Krieger signing today if they were wearing helmets. Maybe Rolofs and Mailloux as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad