London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
They were always green and yellow my entire younger years. The youngins around here won't get the switch back...but I for one applaud it. Long over due in my opinion

68756240_10157898072349245_6937752254816452608_n.jpg

I'm in my 60's and I don't get it.
Grew up watching on a small black and white television Jim Rutherford and Jim Schoefeld play for the Hamilton Red Wings in the late 60's and I don't get it.
Started following the Knights when I came to London in the late 70's and I still don't get it.

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
Thanks for posting this report Maxxim1, great post.

I have had high expectation on Evangelista all summer for next season, hoping he'd eat lots of protein and building his upper body strength with muscles. I'd like to see him checked in at 175-180 lbs this fall with a stretch of couple more inch on his height . I predict Luke having 80 points plus season this up coming season playing second line duties.
REALLY, second line duties!!!!, not on the Knights. too many players way ahead of him for that. He will be lucky to make third line, and I am not being negative, he hardly played last year. Stranges will be 2nd line and hopefully 1st power play unit!!!!!!. Chances of Beljo getting a long look?? signed ???

Reactions: KnightsWatch

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
REALLY, second line duties!!!!, not on the Knights. too many players way ahead of him for that. He will be lucky to make third line, and I am not being negative, he hardly played last year. Stranges will be 2nd line and hopefully 1st power play unit!!!!!!. Chances of Beljo getting a long look?? signed ???
as much as I hate to say it, I think Evangelista was a political pick by the Hunters. at the time of the pick Mark was trying to earn himself the Leafs GM from none other than a family member of Evangelista’s. his stats definitely suggest he could’ve been a 1st round pick, but he’s noticeably terrified out there. he was getting fed the puck by Jake Murray and Zack Terry and was centred by Cam Tolnai. all of which had way better seasons then he did.

it was either that or they’ve completely struck out on their last 2 first rounders (to date). either situation is frightening. if it weren’t for their American recruitment ability, the last 2 drafts are duds as of now. I’m shocked to this date that Evangelista wasn’t used as an asset at the trade deadline at what could have been the peak of his trade value if he doesn’t pick it up. as of now, there’s enough forwards better than Evangelista to keep him on the 4th line

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
as much as I hate to say it, I think Evangelista was a political pick by the Hunters. at the time of the pick Mark was trying to earn himself the Leafs GM from none other than a family member of Evangelista’s. his stats definitely suggest he could’ve been a 1st round pick, but he’s noticeably terrified out there. he was getting fed the puck by Jake Murray and Zack Terry and was centred by Cam Tolnai. all of which had way better seasons then he did.

it was either that or they’ve completely struck out on their last 2 first rounders (to date). either situation is frightening. if it weren’t for their American recruitment ability, the last 2 drafts are duds as of now. I’m shocked to this date that Evangelista wasn’t used as an asset at the trade deadline at what could have been the peak of his trade value if he doesn’t pick it up. as of now, there’s enough forwards better than Evangelista to keep him on the 4th line

Maybe, maybe not, this season will tell us how bad or good the pick was at the time. I seriously hope you are not trying to tell us the Knights don't have players on their roster that can replace Murray and Terry to feed Evangelista whom is very good at finding the net. I agree he did not show a whole lot of confidence at winning puck battles on the ice. He was like a wobbly toothpick on the ice for lack of muscle mass and weight I even think his 165 lbs was on the generous side , give him some meat and strength he'll be alright.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Maybe, maybe not, this season will tell us how bad or good the pick was at the time. I seriously hope you are not trying to tell us the Knights don't have players on their roster that can replace Murray and Terry to feed Evangelista whom is very good at finding the net. I agree he did not show a whole lot of confidence at winning puck battles on the ice. He was like a wobbly toothpick on the ice for lack of muscle mass and weight I even think his 165 lbs was on the generous side , give him some meat and strength he'll be alright.

not what I was getting towards at all. Boqvist and Bouchard has obviously trump them in that category.

it was more so that I was saying he had the best centre in the SCTA on his line and most likely spent all the PP time on with the only 2 d men in the league who stuck with OHL teams for the full season.

do we think he only puts up 2 assists if he was centred by McMichael and played on the top PP with Boqvist, Bouchard, Formenton and Foudy

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
With 28 players in consideration plus any surprises at camp, there have to be moves made. Especially on the young defence where there are 5 US and 1 import out of the 11 on the roster. Most years, Knights carry 8 defencemen. Federkow probably needs to gain experience in Junior B plus likely Whitaker will want to go elsewhere if he cannot make Knights.
Overall there are lots of new faces to get trained so let's see what Dale, Dylan and Rick can do.
Should be another intriguing year ahead.

Last edited:

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
it was more so that I was saying he had the best centre in the SCTA on his line and most likely spent all the PP time on with the only 2 d men in the league who stuck with OHL teams for the full season.

Evangelista was the highest scoring player in the SCTA two years ago, 10pts more than the next best player in the league.
2.50PPG and only 2pts shy of Quinton Byfield .
He also came from hockey royalty with a Knight's connection.
He better come out of the blocks quickly this year or he might meet the same fate as Lucas Rowe.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
It would be sweet if the warm up sweater is a yellow version of the new/classic design. It could be super ugly but it potentially could be awesome. If it's the latter maybe introduce it as a third jersey next year.

It would be sweet if the warm up sweater is a yellow version of the new/classic design. It could be super ugly but it potentially could be awesome. If it's the latter maybe introduce it as a third jersey next year.
I'd like to see them bring back the black from the 2002 to 2008 era

Last edited:

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Throwback jersey. Throw it back jersey.
I think the newly revealed jersey would have made a great 3rd jersey with the new home and away jerseys as something more modern looking...in keeping with the modern logo.

Reactions: LKfan

imarriedawitch

Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
Throwback jersey. Throw it back jersey.
I think the newly revealed jersey would have made a great 3rd jersey with the new home and away jerseys as something more modern looking...in keeping with the modern logo.

Agreed. The whole retro, old school, throw back craze is fine as an occasional indulgence but not as an everyday occurrence. The problem is each generation has a different view as to what era the terms represent. While one generation will think the new jerseys nailed it others will wonder why they didn't go with a design from a different era, one that they identify with. The new jersey isn't awful in my mind, I just don't think it is something that will have a long shelf life. Look for the next new/old jersey in a couple of years.

Sorry..but I'm just not grasping what's not to like about the jerseys. What do people think is missing that don't like them?

To me they are the exact jerseys we had before the Tarry family tore them off our backs but with the newer modern Knights logo from the 2002-2008 era.

It's Win/Win

I guess you can't please everyone.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Sorry..but I'm just not grasping what's not to like about the jerseys. What do people think is missing that don't like them?

To me they are the exact jerseys we had before the Tarry family tore them off our backs but with the newer modern Knights logo from the 2002-2008 era.

It's Win/Win

They're fine except for the shoulders. I'd want solid coloured jerseys. Plus, the 2002-2019 shoulder crest should have remained.

imarriedawitch

Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas

It's Win/Win

One persons "throw back" is another persons "dated". Much like vehicles, one sees a classic while another sees an old car. These jerseys are in your wheelhouse. That's great. For others, not so much. Maybe next time it'll be Cooperalls and every Friday night home game will be Disco Night. Can't wait.;)

imarriedawitch

Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
For my taste these jerseys are too "busy" with all the multi color striping. I thought the schemes that were circulating earlier this summer were very good. Just one person's opinion.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Would have liked to seen a black alternate.
I've taken some of the designs I did earlier this summer and incorporated the new logo.
First set: Home Whites, Away Greens, Alternate Blacks and Warm-up Yellows.
Second Set: A new Take on what was unveiled.
Third Set: What I would have liked to see with the new logo.
LK Jersey 2_NEW_ALL.png
LK Jersey_New.png
LK Jersey Lt Green_new Logo.jpg

Last edited:

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Interesting Nick Donofrio is listed under the Knights players andis potentially at training camp in London. No word how or why. Anyone know?
Can you post your source. I assume OHL Insiders but hoping you have a copy of Knights training camp individual team rosters
I see he is not on Hamilton list so might be like Kyle Bollers last year who I believe also attended Knights camp, rather than Saginaw, but ended up in Oshawa
PS ---- about half of teams have now entered their preseason rosters on OHL site

Last edited:
One persons "throw back" is another persons "dated". Much like vehicles, one sees a classic while another sees an old car. These jerseys are in your wheelhouse. That's great. For others, not so much. Maybe next time it'll be Cooperalls and every Friday night home game will be Disco Night. Can't wait.;)
I'd kill to see Cooperalls come back for a nostalgia game

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Interesting Nick Donofrio is listed under the Knights players andis potentially at training camp in London. No word how or why. Anyone know?
Donofrio is an OA goalie who spent a couple of seasons in Hamilton. I don't think we'd waste an OA spot on a backup goalie. Maybe Hunter wants to keep him around while Kooy is in Las Vegas' camp. We still don't know if Brochu can make the jump to the O. I think he was playing Jr. C hockey last year with Dresden.

Donofrio is an OA goalie who spent a couple of seasons in Hamilton. I don't think we'd waste an OA spot on a backup goalie. Maybe Hunter wants to keep him around while Kooy is in Las Vegas' camp. We still don't know if Brochu can make the jump to the O. I think he was playing Jr. C hockey last year with Dresden.
I don't like the idea of burning a card for a stop gap. But that's just me

side note:

The total package

ECWAEDXX4AE__Sb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad