London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think the bigger story here is that the Hunter's aren't going to be the ones who need to keep him in check. They re gone for a long time with team Canada. That's a lot of pressure to put on your assistant coaches

Edit: will it be awkward if/when the Hunter's cut Merkley from team Canada? If that happens and then he gets sent back to the AC's, that's a really tough spot for them

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
He all ready earns a lot. Helps when he owns one of best junior teams in Canada

True. Still not sure how he deals with some of the high maintenance players on that roster and stays sane. Money makes it worth it I guess.

Reactions: LDN

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
I think the bigger story here is that the Hunter's aren't going to be the ones who need to keep him in check. They re gone for a long time with team Canada. That's a lot of pressure to put on your assistant coaches

Edit: will it be awkward if/when the Hunter's cut Merkley from team Canada? If that happens and then he gets sent back to the AC's, that's a really tough spot for them

They will be gone for a month. For all one knows if things go positive the right men will be seeing him and the chance to go to Canada camp could be there as well. Pedigree is there and if the man can adapt....who knows

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Suddenly the Knights D goes from young and under developed to having a Very nice experienced top 4, I LIKE it....
Still might need one more vet that way the top 4 would include Regula, Skinner, Merkley and a vet...Montgomery and Steklov could round out the top 6 and we could move one of Roger, Keane or Winslow

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Skinner can play Bouchard's role
Merkley will be our Boqvist's role
Regula will get everything, all roles and captain
Steklov can be a young Lochead
Montgomery can be quicker Coome
Kean can be his brother Joey

Looking at it this way we may not be that far off to last year's group, and add 66 more regular season games each of experience on top it kind of look promising again

Reactions: zman77

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
There is the vet D LK always acquires pre/ early season.
Rumors started a few weeks ago. At least 3 west conf teams in the mix.

Even if its a 2nd n a 3rd plus another mid pick....... Worth the risk (as long as they are willing to cut bait if there are any issues, even if its an outright release-- of course after Jan 10 ;))

I cant see me having a spot in my fav Knights of all time club for him. But if it works out great if not no biggie.

Above all else I don't want to see the terrible body language/sulking/pouting on ice or bench.
Get beat on D, fine. Take a risk on O, fine. Just no bad body language. Hate that sh......

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Skinner can play Bouchard's role
Merkley will be our Boqvist's role
Regula will get everything, all roles and captain
Steklov can be a young Lochead
Montgomery can be quicker Coome
Kean can be his brother Joey

Looking at it this way we may not be that far off to last year's group, and add 66 more regular season games each of experience on top it kind of look promising again
last years D > this years D

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I hope we see a motivated Merkley. I think we all owe him the benefit of the doubt. He can come in hear with a clean slate and see what he can do. He has HIGH end skill which we really need on this team. We have missed it thus far. Lets hope we see that change we are looking for in our Knights squad. Go Knights Go

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
Always wondered what would have happened if the Jones' had their way and Sean Day was acquired. This move is 10x riskier but Merkley should be good for 50 points and 100 defensive headaches.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Prospect update(2019 picks):
Logan Mailoux 7 games and 9 points for the Nationals
Ty Anselmini 1 goal in 5 games for the Waterloo Siskins
Connor Federkow 1 assist in 5 games with the Stars
Liam Gilmartin 0 points in 4 games for the US U-17 team
Ethan MacKinnon 0 Points in 6 games with the Stars
Ty Whyte 11 points in 10 games for the Kemptville 73's Midget team
Max Montes 10 Points in 4 games for the Milwaukee Jr Admirals u-16 team
Patrick Haughian 2 Points in 9 games for the Pembrook Midget team

Thats all I could find so far