London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laugh at somebody who spends thousands of dollars on jerseys. I’d rather have a $40 knockoff and spend the rest on beer.
Why not spend it all on beer? Knockoffs look horrible. Might as well burn the cash you spent on it. I think at any given Knights game you'll see more knockoffs than authentic jerseys. I'll get my laughs my way...you get yours your way ;)

Reactions: zman77

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Assume the games are losses and deal with that. Instead, look for player development and increased team depth. December is an opportunity for this team.

First off, it's good to get Mailloux and Rolofs into the lineup. McGurn and McCue are getting more reps. This is good for a team that doesn't play their rookies.

I'll say it again - most important is who steps up! And I think a number of players have stepped up and have already taken their games to a better level. Saw it today, just like last 2 periods Friday. Guskov looks SO much better and is getting more shots. Evangelista is taking control more often and looks good on the PP. Merkley is taking less chances (it's all relative) and acting more like a stabilizing force. Moskal looked better. A lot of guys did, as soon as they started to simplify their play.

Games will be lost, for sure. But if the outcome of December is a Knights team that is in 3rd place, instead of 1st … BUT has a couple more 'A Players' to go with the returning 5 ??...…. well, that's a good outcome in my mind.

And that can only be good for January-April.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
'He wants this bad': Hunter inspires players with calmness, credibility

After a disappointing sixth place finish last year, Hockey Canada is turning to one of the best junior coaches in this generation to get back on track at the World Juniors. London's Dale Hunter has won two Memorial Cups, coached in the NHL and led Canada to gold at the under-18 Hlinka event in 2013, and now, finally, the 59-year-old with a calm demeanour and sharp wit gets a chance on the biggest stage in junior hockey. Mark Masters has more.

If a fan wants to buy a jersey trimmed slightly different than the official one or with some other 'unofficial' name or number on it there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. No reason to be mock for it by the 'Elitist Jersey Snobs' .
The reason the Elitist Jersey Snobs turn their noses at knockoffs is because of where and how the jerseys are made. As for your preference of how to trim your Knights jersey..that's your personal choice..as I've already pointed out.

Just trying to educate the unknowing

Here's a little read;

Fake vs. Officially Licensed: Why You Shouldn’t Buy Fakes and How to Spot Them

bottom line...buy authentic...anyone who cares about the collector community will tell you the same thing. Too many people are getting ripped off buying fake jerseys.

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The reason the Elitist Jersey Snobs turn their noses at knockoffs is because of where and how the jerseys are made. As for your preference of how to trim your Knights jersey..that's your personal choice..as I've already pointed out.

Here's a little read;

bottom line...buy authentic...anyone who cares about the collector community will tell you the same thing. Too many people are getting ripped off buying fake jerseys.
It's cute that you think Made in Canada actually means it's made in Canada.

Do you know where your clothes are made? When ‘Made in’ may not matter as much as ‘Made by’

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018

Here's a little read;

Nice backtrack but I say you were mocking those that buy anything that isn't official or Authentic. Even those that buy jerseys from the London Knights own Armoury. This is your direct quote about those fans... "... It's more fun to laugh at people being proud of owning one".
Yeah that sounds like your really trying to educate the masses doesn't it? As you said later "Knockoffs look horrible. Might as well burn the cash you spent on it. I think at any given Knights game you'll see more knockoffs than authentic jerseys. I'll get my laughs my way...you get yours your way"
Well I choose to laugh at anyone willing to spend that amount of money on a "Authentic" jersey that doesn't look any different than an unofficial or fake one.

Nice backtrack but I say you were mocking those that buy anything that isn't official or Authentic. Even those that buy jerseys from the London Knights own Armoury. This is your direct quote about those fans... "... It's more fun to laugh at people being proud of owning one".
Yeah that sounds like your really trying to educate the masses doesn't it? As you said later "Knockoffs look horrible. Might as well burn the cash you spent on it. I think at any given Knights game you'll see more knockoffs than authentic jerseys. I'll get my laughs my way...you get yours your way"
Well I choose to laugh at anyone willing to spend that amount of money on a "Authentic" jersey that doesn't look any different than an unofficial or fake one.
This comment is in regards to knockoffs

"... It's more fun to laugh at people being proud of owning one".

as for not looking any different...they do. Period. I can spot a knockoff a mile away

Any way...you rock your knockoffs..I'll rock my authentics

plus...I don't "pay" full value for any jersey I own...I collect therefore I trade

All good. Have a joyous Christmas

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
This comment is in regards to knockoffs

"... It's more fun to laugh at people being proud of owning one".

as for not looking any different...they do. Period. I can spot a knockoff a mile away

Any way...you rock your knockoffs..I'll rock my authentics

plus...I don't "pay" full value for any jersey I own...I collect therefore I trade

All good. Have a joyous Christmas

Another attempted backtrack. The original "laughing" at message came from discussing those who would dare to buy the three colour numbers on the Knighs Jersey. The horror! But deflect all you want. It is what it is. The everyday folk would not be able to tell a knockoff from an authentic but you as a collector are able to. Good for you! It must be difficult handling the bus loads of Hollywood Star Tours that detour to your house to see your collection of "Official" Hockey merchandise. So you go ahead and rock your authentics because I'm sure if a hockey game breaks out in the stands, you'll be the first one called into action because of your "Official Apparel".
Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Another attempted backtrack. The original "laughing" at message came from discussing those who would dare to buy the three colour numbers on the Knighs Jersey. The horror! But deflect all you want. It is what it is. The everyday folk would not be able to tell a knockoff from an authentic but you as a collector are able to. Good for you! It must be difficult handling the bus loads of Hollywood Star Tours that detour to your house to see your collection of "Official" Hockey merchandise. So you go ahead and rock your authentics because I'm sure if a hockey game breaks out in the stands, you'll be the first one called into action because of your "Official Apparel".
Merry Christmas.
At least your replies keep me laughing.

I love it...well thought out.

as for the collecting...I'm slowly getting out of the hobby....gotta buy teddy bears to make up for those who show up empty handed ;)

if you ever get a chance...ask @nelli27 how lucrative buying and selling jerseys can be. His Patrick Kane jersey story is a good one

Last edited:

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
London needs to look long and hard at goalie options unfortunately

I said it at the time, it's really unlikely that you're gonna get the goaltending you need for a championship from a waiver wire goalie and a 17 year old who was in Junior C last year.

However there's not a whole lot available.

Reactions: TheCoach
London needs to look long and hard at goalie options unfortunately

I said it at the time, it's really unlikely that you're gonna get the goaltending you need for a championship from a waiver wire goalie and a 17 year old who was in Junior C last year.

However there's not a whole lot available.
I think the area that needs the most help is our inability to score past #11 in our lineup.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I think the area that needs the most help is our inability to score past #11 in our lineup.

Probably. But at least you can address forward help.

I don't know that there are any obvious goalie upgrades available. But it's not a duo that inspires confidence, that's for sure.

Probably. But at least you can address forward help.

I don't know that there are any obvious goalie upgrades available. But it's not a duo that inspires confidence, that's for sure.
We won an OHL Championship with a duo that many would argue is/was worse than the 2 we have now. If we buy the changes will be made outside of the net in my opinion. Those changes will help the 2 in net.

Reactions: sbpointer

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
We won an OHL Championship with a duo that many would argue is/was worse than the 2 we have now. If we buy the changes will be made outside of the net in my opinion. Those changes will help the 2 in net.

Stolarz/Patterson?

I'll easily take Stolarz over either of these current guys (even after his selfish play to get himself suspended in the 2014 playoffs).

But I agree that the changes will probably be made outside the net.

Reactions: shanewalsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad