London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
So in assuming that I think I'm above everyone your assumption HAS to be correct? Or maybe just maybe your perception is a bit tainted and perhaps you just misunderstood my initial comment? But no...just assume that I think I'm better than everyone..because that's easier. Right?

Please feel free to tell me which of your comments you feel I misunderstood so we can set the record straight

Correct, and there are many valid reasons why that could be. Including the fact that actual people in seats isn't known. You just choose to ignore the possibilities and blame it on the drunks
The beer comment was tongue in cheek...hence the winks in my posts about it. Maybe I forgot the wink in that post....oh will the masses ever forgive me? What do I care...I piss on everyone because they are below me. Right?

Reactions: HomerHawk67

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
The beer comment was tongue in cheek...hence the winks in my posts about it. Maybe I forgot the wink in that post....oh will the masses ever forgive me? What do I care...I piss on everyone because they are below me. Right?
I don't buy it. You've made the same remark annually. Nice try though.

But keep thinking people are "f'n cheap" if it makes you feel better about yourself

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Bottom line is this team isn’t playing like a team. They’re playing like individuals on a team. Too many flashy passes and nobody is infront of the net to do the dirty work.

McMichael - everything we needed this year and more. Backchecks well and plays great defense which helps generate offense. Take a hint Antonio Stranges.

Foudy - would be nice if you and McMichael could actually generate some chemistry. Sooo much speed and too little vision won’t get you anywhere in the pros. The best Knights teams had a top line with great chemistry (2005, 2016 we all know who were on those lines). That’s why Peterborough beat us.

Merkley - tired of the “Merkley show” and him trying to beat players one on one and then losing. This isn’t minor midget!! The last couple games I’ve noticed improvement in his defensive game breaking up 2 on 1’s and blocking shots on the PK, so at least he’s listening to the Hunters. Really need someone else to run the point on the PP so he can go on the halfboards and be an “extra forward” like Adam Boqvist was last year. Calling Thomas Harley to the stand!

Gruden - The quietest 29 pts I’ve ever seen in 26 games. He needs to step up and establish himself and maybe the WJ could do that for him, if he gets there or he better establish himself this month as a star in this league when other stars are gone to WJ. Needs to generate his own offense!!!

Regula - not much needed to say. He’s the anchor on our defense and he’s producing and playing solid defense what more could you ask for.

Stranges - Part of me thinks he’ll eventually get there but it’s gonna take all season to get there which is gonna be hell. Too scared to play along the boards and is most likely too small and not strong enough to do so. It’s so frustrating, cuz he just sits at the top of the blue line waiting to breakout. Offense is finally coming be I would like to see him use his vision more and be more of a playmaker and that will help him to be the driver on the second line.

Evangelista - he’s working on shooting now, but his feathery passes is what I love. They remind me of Marners passes. He’s put in the work and it shows. Still a long way to go to be where he should eventually be, but he’s playing more of a complete game and let’s see where he’s at in March cuz I think he’ll be a different player come then.

Skinner - He reminds me of a way better Brandon Crawley. Way more offensive punch and a pro shot and not afraid to be physical, something the Knights team doesn’t have a lot of. Would like to see him be exposed more, but he’s everything we needed from him.

Dunkley - I think it’s just hard to find a perfect spot for him on this team. Should he go on the second line, third line, or fourth and play different roles?? I think because he was a former first round pick, they are showing him the respect and wanna get the most out of him. Complete all-round player, but nothing that he does is “off the wall great” which is why Hunters were shopping him.

Guskov - man I expected more from him. He just lacks the consistency and IQ to be a top line player. His playing style isn’t suited for this team. He needs to go to another team and be in the top 6 to really flourish.

Tymkin - a mere shell of himself compared to last year. Not the same player at all. Just no offense and just stupid penalties. If he wants to be contributing go in front of the net and be a pain in the butt in there. Do something useful to be noticed. I know he is nowhere near his skillset, but if your a pain in the butt player, go do what Tkachuk did and let the other team know we’re here and we’re not going home

Nelson - just a generic player. Everyone else can do what he does. He might have a little better speed than most, but he has no finish ability. Can be moved for a conditional 15th in my opinion.

Moskal - He may not be producing much offense this year, but he sure knows his role and plays it well. Would like to see him create some chemistry with a line in order to be able to produce offense but that might come later in the season after trades are sorted out.

Keane - like the wheels but there is no offensive upside in his game or at least on this team. Can be okay on defense but only sometimes. Nothing special in his game though other than speed. Reminds me of a Ben Gleason, and will need to be moved in order to get to his potential.

Steklov - I may be the only guy who loves this player but he’s smooth and physical and he’s got some handles for a big guy. He should be played more but probably not until the end of the year. You can also tell this guy is smart and his gets his own and end and when to jump up. Reminds me of Nikita Zadorov.

Panwar - I just don’t know what the Hunters saw in this guy cuz he certainly hasn’t showed anything or anything regarding potential. Would love to see him moved to a place like Mississauga where he can be a player and just go all out and salvage his career.

Roger - A lot of potential just needs some time to figure it out.

Montgomery - needs to be played more. He’s got potential and size and a shot that gets through. He must be learning stuff from the coaching staff where he may have some weaknesses and they wanna work with him before he plays 3rd line minutes consistently.

McCue - can’t ask for anymore from a rookie. Plays his part and plays it well. Hopefully we can see more offense at the end of the year, but it won’t bug me if we don’t at least this year.

Input PLEASE!

Reactions: TheCoach
I don't buy it. You've made the same remark annually. Nice try though.

But keep thinking people are "f'n cheap" if it makes you feel better about yourself
So if you say the same thing annually...you can't joke about it after time? It has to be 100% serious every time because you said it in the past?...OK...sure

I've said people are arrogant dicks in the past until I got to know them...but I must still think they are dicks

and yes...it rots my ass...but it's something I've pretty much grown accustomed to

I said Don't get me started......;)

Last edited:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So if you say the same thing annually...you can't joke about it after time? It has to be 100% serious every time because you said it in the past?...OK...sure

I've said people are arrogant dicks in the past until I got to know them...but I must still think they are dicks

and yes...it rots my ass...but it's something I've pretty much grown accustomed to
Thought you guys were tight? I guess I made a wrong assumption....

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Input PLEASE!
OK. Back to hockey.
Foudy: Needs to be less selfish but has the talent to be one of the best in the league
Gruden: Great skill set but disappears at times
McM: Great start but line juggling has cost him some chemistry with linemates. Can he keep up this scoring pace the rest of the way?
Stranges: Wakeup call with last week's benching seems to have worked for now. Hope he keeps it up and improves his 2-way game
Luke14: Keep doing what you're doing. Has worked on both his O and D games and is gaining confidence with each game
Dunkley: Works hard but talent wasted on 3rd and 4th line.
Regula: Great Choice as Captain. Steady D with some offensive pop and a calming demeanour in the D zone.
Skinner: Solid D. Game is improving at both ends of the ice. Great point shot.
Guskov: Took a step backwards this year and seems to be struggling
Rolofs, McCue, McGurn, Winslow, Montgomery: Too small a sample size. They show flashes but can they be depended on day in and day out?
Nelson, Tymkin: OAs that are not producing. IMO, OAs should be some of your top players and not simply role players on the 4th line.
Moskal: Don't know what you have until he's gone. Gritty role player that does everything asked of him and a terrific face off guy.
Steklov: Quietly developing into a top D while getting used to the smaller ice
Merkley: Seems to be getting a bit better in his own end and doesn't lack hustle. Still gets caught up in the offensive zone but is buying into the Hunter way slowly but surely.
Keane: Oh baby Keane. You definitely are not your brother.
Panwar: Who? Totally disappeared this season after a promising season last year.
Goaltending: Still not sold. Both show flashes of brilliance and then moments of "what was that?"! Consistently inconsistent. Helped out at times by some solid D play and high scoring.
Expendable: Keane, Panwar, Nelson, Tymkin, Dunkley, Guskov

Last edited:

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Bottom line is this team isn’t playing like a team. They’re playing like individuals on a team. Too many flashy passes and nobody is infront of the net to do the dirty work.

McMichael - everything we needed this year and more. Backchecks well and plays great defense which helps generate offense. Take a hint Antonio Stranges.

Foudy - would be nice if you and McMichael could actually generate some chemistry. Sooo much speed and too little vision won’t get you anywhere in the pros. The best Knights teams had a top line with great chemistry (2005, 2016 we all know who were on those lines). That’s why Peterborough beat us.

Merkley - tired of the “Merkley show” and him trying to beat players one on one and then losing. This isn’t minor midget!! The last couple games I’ve noticed improvement in his defensive game breaking up 2 on 1’s and blocking shots on the PK, so at least he’s listening to the Hunters. Really need someone else to run the point on the PP so he can go on the halfboards and be an “extra forward” like Adam Boqvist was last year. Calling Thomas Harley to the stand!

Gruden - The quietest 29 pts I’ve ever seen in 26 games. He needs to step up and establish himself and maybe the WJ could do that for him, if he gets there or he better establish himself this month as a star in this league when other stars are gone to WJ. Needs to generate his own offense!!!

Regula - not much needed to say. He’s the anchor on our defense and he’s producing and playing solid defense what more could you ask for.

Stranges - Part of me thinks he’ll eventually get there but it’s gonna take all season to get there which is gonna be hell. Too scared to play along the boards and is most likely too small and not strong enough to do so. It’s so frustrating, cuz he just sits at the top of the blue line waiting to breakout. Offense is finally coming be I would like to see him use his vision more and be more of a playmaker and that will help him to be the driver on the second line.

Evangelista - he’s working on shooting now, but his feathery passes is what I love. They remind me of Marners passes. He’s put in the work and it shows. Still a long way to go to be where he should eventually be, but he’s playing more of a complete game and let’s see where he’s at in March cuz I think he’ll be a different player come then.

Skinner - He reminds me of a way better Brandon Crawley. Way more offensive punch and a pro shot and not afraid to be physical, something the Knights team doesn’t have a lot of. Would like to see him be exposed more, but he’s everything we needed from him.

Dunkley - I think it’s just hard to find a perfect spot for him on this team. Should he go on the second line, third line, or fourth and play different roles?? I think because he was a former first round pick, they are showing him the respect and wanna get the most out of him. Complete all-round player, but nothing that he does is “off the wall great” which is why Hunters were shopping him.

Guskov - man I expected more from him. He just lacks the consistency and IQ to be a top line player. His playing style isn’t suited for this team. He needs to go to another team and be in the top 6 to really flourish.

Tymkin - a mere shell of himself compared to last year. Not the same player at all. Just no offense and just stupid penalties. If he wants to be contributing go in front of the net and be a pain in the butt in there. Do something useful to be noticed. I know he is nowhere near his skillset, but if your a pain in the butt player, go do what Tkachuk did and let the other team know we’re here and we’re not going home

Nelson - just a generic player. Everyone else can do what he does. He might have a little better speed than most, but he has no finish ability. Can be moved for a conditional 15th in my opinion.

Moskal - He may not be producing much offense this year, but he sure knows his role and plays it well. Would like to see him create some chemistry with a line in order to be able to produce offense but that might come later in the season after trades are sorted out.

Keane - like the wheels but there is no offensive upside in his game or at least on this team. Can be okay on defense but only sometimes. Nothing special in his game though other than speed. Reminds me of a Ben Gleason, and will need to be moved in order to get to his potential.

Steklov - I may be the only guy who loves this player but he’s smooth and physical and he’s got some handles for a big guy. He should be played more but probably not until the end of the year. You can also tell this guy is smart and his gets his own and end and when to jump up. Reminds me of Nikita Zadorov.

Panwar - I just don’t know what the Hunters saw in this guy cuz he certainly hasn’t showed anything or anything regarding potential. Would love to see him moved to a place like Mississauga where he can be a player and just go all out and salvage his career.

Montgomery - needs to be played more. He’s got potential and size and a shot that gets through. He must be learning stuff from the coaching staff where he may have some weaknesses and they wanna work with him before he plays 3rd line minutes consistently.

McCue - can’t ask for anymore from a rookie. Plays his part and plays it well. Hopefully we can see more offense at the end of the year, but it won’t bug me if we don’t at least this year.

What’s the next step?? Do we have the assets to get a Serron Noel?? What’s the price tag. Would love for Matvei Guskov to go to the Gens to help them out next year, but they already have an 2 Import spots. Unless they wanna give us Nico Gross too, but I think Dunkley stays and probably Guskov. And give up whatever it takes to get Thomas Harley. We need a better PP QB.

And as for Tymkin and Nelson being a waste or cards. I couldn’t agree more. Id rather give those minutes to Rolofs and McCue at this point.

Reactions: STS and LDN

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I did not attend the game yesterday.
So no bear from me.

But I do choose to donate time and money to a variety of causes. Wether someone brings a Teddy Bear to the game or not I don't judge. Cant, because Im not sure of any individuals situation.
I got called out one year (even thou I had 5 stuffed toys at my seat) and was at the time of being called out at arena, helping coordinate a food drive that filled 2 vans of donated food to support a Christmas hamper program. I just smiled at the gentleman and said TY for your input. No need to explain it to the person
Sure it would be cool to see 15000 donated but honestly I find other endeavours more valuable to those in need.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Im not high on this squad as of now. But they are hanging around.

Having said that, not much in the West overly impresses me either.

Couple key acquisitions and they have as good a shot as any1 in the West.

Odd year.

Keane should be thankful he's not a soccer player for the Argentina National Team

there was a time an own goal and you wouldn't make it off the stairs off boarding the plane

Or the Colombian team.

I'll never forget this. Andres Escobar scored an own goal, which eventually knocked out team Colombian in the 1994 World Cup.

You can pretty much guess what it cost him.

HomerHawk67

Reactions: TheCoach

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens

What’s the next step?? Do we have the assets to get a Serron Noel?? What’s the price tag. Would love for Matvei Guskov to go to the Gens to help them out next year, but they already have an 2 Import spots. Unless they wanna give us Nico Gross too, but I think Dunkley stays and probably Guskov. And give up whatever it takes to get Thomas Harley. We need a better PP QB.

And as for Tymkin and Nelson being a waste or cards. I couldn’t agree more. Id rather give those minutes to Rolofs and McCue at this point.

I’m disappointed in the overagers (save Myskiw), and I think Gruden can be a bit better. McMichael has been a stud and I really enjoyed when him, Gruden and Evangelista were a line. Steklov is our best defensive dman. Skinner has a bullet and needs to shoot way more. There are some underachievers that need to step up. We could be in a bit of trouble while the boys are away for the junior tourney. I’m a fan of making your trades earlier and allow more time to gel. Last minute deals to me are wasted opportunities.

Reactions: tjziel

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I’m disappointed in the overagers (save Myskiw), and I think Gruden can be a bit better. McMichael has been a stud and I really enjoyed when him, Gruden and Evangelista were a line. Steklov is our best defensive dman. Skinner has a bullet and needs to shoot way more. There are some underachievers that need to step up. We could be in a bit of trouble while the boys are away for the junior tourney. I’m a fan of making your trades earlier and allow more time to gel. Last minute deals to me are wasted opportunities.

Couldn’t agree more! Whatever it takes to get Thomas Harley and have him run the PP, and Mark should be able to get Serron Noel for a little less than top value. Example: player who Oshawa needs next year, plus picks.

Reactions: Knights77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad