London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Antonio Stranges:
Stranges is among the aforementioned group of OHL rookies. He’s supremely talented but played in a somewhat diminished role on a deep, older London Knights team. Despite often being relegated to the fourth line, Stranges’ undeniable individual skill as well as his ability to use his teammates effectively make him a prime candidate to go early on draft day.
Stranges is one of the best and most unique skaters in the class. He employs a wide stance and immaculate edge work to weave in and out of traffic with the puck. Stranges’ ability to elude defenders this way allows him to take an otherwise harmless play and turn it into a dangerous scoring chance in ways that very few players can.
Stranges’ edgework is enhanced by his uncanny ability to weave. What does this mean? He loves to attack more than one defenseman. Generally, this isn’t a great idea, but he’s so slippery that he often gets away with it. His approach is simple– on paper. Once they’ve both engaged he taps the puck to a safe area, points his feet outwards in opposite directions and skates a semi-circle through the two defenders. He does this so quickly that defenders only hit him with glancing blows and he skirts through with possession.
Link with Vids:
Early Looks: Antonio Stranges

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not only was Onuska in net for St Thomas last night but Riley Coome was on Defence for St Mary’s. Onuska played well looked a little rusty but he battled and St Thomas won.

Couldn’t help but feel for Coome, it must be tough to go from playing in front of 9000 Fans to 350 Fans?

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
You guys continue to crack me up. I love reading this forum for a good laugh. Stranges shows a little emotion after a game and all of a sudden he's pissed about who he is playing with? You guys love to manufacture controversy out of nothing. Enjoy the win, enjoy the team working through some kinks and stop trying to spread baseless rumours.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Not only was Onuska in net for St Thomas last night but Riley Coome was on Defence for St Mary’s. Onuska played well looked a little rusty but he battled and St Thomas won.

Couldn’t help but feel for Coome, it must be tough to go from playing in front of 9000 Fans to 350 Fans?

especially considering what happened with Cotter. could still be here

Reactions: zman77

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
You guys continue to crack me up. I love reading this forum for a good laugh. Stranges shows a little emotion after a game and all of a sudden he's pissed about who he is playing with? You guys love to manufacture controversy out of nothing. Enjoy the win, enjoy the team working through some kinks and stop trying to spread baseless rumours.

Okay, I'm not one to comment too much on this thread, but you sir, should just keep such comments to yourself. Some people on this thread are just passionate Knights fans and like the idea of airing their opinions/rumors/conversations. Isn't that what this whole board is about? Jeez.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Okay, I'm not one to comment too much on this thread, but you sir, should just keep such comments to yourself. Some people on this thread are just passionate Knights fans and like the idea of airing their opinions/rumors/conversations. Isn't that what this whole board is about? Jeez.

This board is about discussing the team, not fabricating rumours because he had a frown on his face.

Reactions: zman77 and rukh

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

This guy kind of cracks me up too, must be the Quality Control of the Controversial Manufacturing Firm, nothing that is normal is to get by. We are enjoying the nice win, there are no need for any of us to read all about the kinks the team is working on if we don't want to, all is needed is to skip the writings. I just needed the good laugh, for those that don't mind just carry on with the rumours and lets have some good old fan cracking up time with them

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Agreed frustration is another aspect of maturing. Actually I can’t remember this being an issue with him in the past? Like someone said it sort of depends why he was ticked off? If he is mad he didn’t play well or mad that he took a cheap shot the ref missed I get it. Let’s leave it at that assuming he was mad at his line mates or mad at the coaches is a little unfair IMO until we see or here more details?

I don't know about other people but I would be very frustrated if I was an offensive player and in my draft year and I was stuck on a line with Tymkin and Moskal. And to make it worse I was not getting any PP time.

DrummondIsGod

Mar 16, 2011
I don't know about other people but I would be very frustrated if I was an offensive player and in my draft year and I was stuck on a line with Tymkin and Moskal. And to make it worse I was not getting any PP time.

Yeah, he is playing with two guys with pretty much zero offensive hockey IQ and who have trouble executing simple passes. Moskal can't finish anything as well. Not good linemates for an offensively skilled guy.

rukh

Jan 9, 2009
London, Ontario
He was out there on Friday night with the EA as the team pushed for an equalizer. I'm all for more minutes for Stranges, but Dale seems to be going with a more balanced approach right now while they look for what works. Further, Moskal and Tymkin are going to get a ton of icetime because Dale relies on them. I think Stranges will get his minutes.

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
My free advice to Knights management:
You have three games in two and one half days this weekend. Whoever you decide to put in net on Sunday should be left home on Saturday to rest. Ten hours of bus travel, three hours sitting on the bench in Erie and getting home at 3am will not be beneficial to anybody, especially a goalie. Take Onuska on the bus trip as a back up.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
He was out there on Friday night with the EA as the team pushed for an equalizer. I'm all for more minutes for Stranges, but Dale seems to be going with a more balanced approach right now while they look for what works. Further, Moskal and Tymkin are going to get a ton of icetime because Dale relies on them. I think Stranges will get his minutes.

It's not the minutes. It's giving him somebody he do something with. Also, the lack of PP time is the one that I find strange.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
I never claimed to have known what caused his frustration. but it paints a bad picture when he won the game and his teammate had the night of his life and he just wants to get out of there. and if he develops a habit of stuff like this, he’s not going to be very well respected

I shall now go to my beer league hockey game and ask someone to cross check me into the boards so I can learn what frustration feels like
We just started Sunday Beer hockey.
Got to be carefull at 12 noon .I beer only.
We have 2 cops and 3 firefighters in our group.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

STS

Jul 3, 2005
JOHN TAVARES CAPTAIN....

Ok, so I have a wager with a friend who's pretty knowledgeable about our Knights, team history jerseys etc. We've scoured the web for a picture of Tavares wearing the captains C in the WHITE jersey as it was the one he scored the record goal in for most goals in the OHL. NOT A SINGLE photo exists on the web to confirm JT wore a WHITE Knights jersey with the "C" on it. Games played were against Kitchener, Erie, Guelph and I think Windsor? Is there anyone out there that can settle this argument? I've searched over 3500 pictures online and nothing...zero.....nada.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Not sure if this helps - couldn't find with "C"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191021-171941_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20191021-171941_Google.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 3

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

What makes this one even funnier is London was accused of course by all the haters that they got him so late in the draft by having him tell teams he would go the US route if they picked him. Almost like the kid manipulated all the other teams to get to London? I guess this is one of those cases of be careful what you wish for? :naughty:

Reactions: hockjock and zman77

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

For a player as offensively gifted to be move back on fourth line as Stranges is, if you where that player as you were suggesting, you would or you should be asking yourself why is that and what can you do to improve this ugly situation. The way he personalized his actions (on the side) regardless of his reasoning is very selfish and unwelcome in a team environment, this team is not about Antonio Stranges it is about the London Knights hockey team, Dale's action is not personal and does not only look at Antonio Stranges, he's looking at the overall function of his hockey club. If Stranges wants to use his skills to help out this London Knights hockey team the way we all know he can instead of only looking to help Antonio he will be finding himself back up to the place Dale see him best fit. His situation will improve when he stop being Antonio Stranges and becomes a true fulltime team member of this organization' system with his load full of skills

I am not on Stranges case nor is Dale I am sure of that, I think Stranges is one of the most talented player on this team (à la Patrick Kane style). If we or Dale only look at him the way he only sees himself the rest of this team become invisible and will continue to have the kind of problems they are having now since the beginning of this season. IMHO

Last edited:

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Not sure if this helps - couldn't find with "C"

Nope, not the one I'm trying to find. It HAS TO have the "C" otherwise I'm getting my lunch handed to me....and his but I get the bill!

It's insane that in this day and age we can fire a missile and hit a mule in the middle of a sand storm...but 10 - 11 years ago a photo of a record breaking event doesn't exist.

Still on the hunt......Help, if possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad