London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I don't want to rub anything in (lol) but didn't I read a short time ago from a poster of this board saying once Evangelista scores that first one they'll start going in easy after, did that someone predicted since mid summer he was expecting 80+ points season from Luke this season playing top six. I can look it up to see who was that poster if anyone wants to read his posts. Oh it feels so good not to rub it in (lol), Just can't hide the excitement

Fastpace being “humble” suits your style much better? LOL, your ridiculous (at the time) prediction and then to see the player get off to a great start is something I can live with. I love to see the rookies who keep their mouth shut and just work their butt off while seeing little ice time (Rookie Season) be rewarded. This is a great example to all the posters who say London ruins a kids development they need to zip it. These posters need to worry about their own teams.

Well done Looooke! Oh and Fastpace clearly a legend in player assessment? None of us are worthy LOL.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Generally speaking here without naming any name, although you may know who I am speaking of;

A player in search to become professional one day, and as such showing signs of weakness will destroy any hope of achieving this goal. What I mean by that is being professional however human he or she may be has to hide weakness to their opposition to the best they can or they'll step all over it, if anyone ever been into fighting situation(war combatants or personals) will know exactly what I am talking about. Let me say someone showing personal frustration in public for everyone including oppositions to know or learn about the way it was done that afternoon is not a good sign of strength , he/she must find ways to keep personal anguish in check until in a more private place. You are hurt and you stay on the ice until attended to, is a sign of being human and not of weakness, but by getting up putting on display for everyone to see your reckless frustration in my opinion is

Sheesh,too much Mental gobble de gook.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Fastpace being “humble” suits your style much better? LOL, your ridiculous (at the time) prediction and then to see the player get off to a great start is something I can live with. I love to see the rookies who keep their mouth shut and just work their butt off while seeing little ice time (Rookie Season) be rewarded. This is a great example to all the posters who say London ruins a kids development they need to zip it. These posters need to worry about their own teams.

Well done Looooke! Oh and Fastpace clearly a legend in player assessment? None of us are worthy LOL.
Does it show ?(lo) - I am having so much fun, since am an old retiree I get away with so much now - Friends & foes (lol), I love all you posters out there, like it or not you are all part of my hockey family now

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Too funny how people are so quick to pull the trigger on a trade. Stranges is fine.. hes not going anywhere

If we were to trade Stranges 1 of 2 things is about to happen IMO:

We found a really stupid Trading Partner also known as the (Ice Doggies) who would then believe they have a shot at the MC.:laugh::laugh:
or
A White Flag will be raised for this and also next year? :help::help:

Meh..... doubt either happen?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Does it show ?(lo) - I am having so much fun, since am an old retiree I get away with so much now - Friends & foes (lol), I love all you posters out there, like it or not you are all part of my hockey family now

Please Dr Phil tell me how did you convince the wifee to quit spending? Thank Goodness she can’t get at my RRSP? Some have said trade her in for a new one but (29 years married) she’s like an old pair of shoes now? Anyways back to hockey nothing to see here!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Please Dr Phil tell me how did you convince the wifee to quit spending? Thank Goodness she can’t get at my RRSP? Some have said trade her in for a new one but (29 years married) she’s like an old pair of shoes now? Anyways back to hockey nothing to see here!

What ??? My wife has been spending our money ! - How would I know that, she's the one who's holding the purse ! and she won't tell me where she lay the mouse traps inside !:huh::banghead::teach:

Like an old antic car it picks up values as it age, would you trade your 29 yr old antic car !:dunno::facepalm::headache:

As far as compering her to old pair of shoes, can't get by the smell it's about the same !:dooney::bones::booboo:

Oh oh ! I am in the :pb: now, big trouble for me

Back to hockey, it's a game and if you are not having fun it's best find another game !:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Reactions: zman77

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
JOHN TAVARES CAPTAIN....

Ok, so I have a wager with a friend who's pretty knowledgeable about our Knights, team history jerseys etc. We've scoured the web for a picture of Tavares wearing the captains C in the WHITE jersey as it was the one he scored the record goal in for most goals in the OHL. NOT A SINGLE photo exists on the web to confirm JT wore a WHITE Knights jersey with the "C" on it. Games played were against Kitchener, Erie, Guelph and I think Windsor? Is there anyone out there that can settle this argument? I've searched over 3500 pictures online and nothing...zero.....nada.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Re Antonio Stranges yesterday,

I hate to be this negative about a guy, but he's been commonly known to be a hothead. there was discussion before he even got here last year that he may be an issue if he's not getting his way. sat one game last year because of an off-ice issue. one thing that really bothered me was at training camp this year. I sat near the tunnel where they come out, a bunch of kids standing there looking for autographs, and he was cursing left and right with another guy on the team with no regard to his surroundings. and now this situation.

he is a tremendous player, but his attitude shows. hopefully he sees what his teammate Mr. Merkley had to go through after being labelled with a caution sign and gets his act together.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

I hate to be this negative about a guy, but he's been commonly known to be a hothead. there was discussion before he even got here last year that he may be an issue if he's not getting his way. sat one game last year because of an off-ice issue. one thing that really bothered me was at training camp this year. I sat near the tunnel where they come out, a bunch of kids standing there looking for autographs, and he was cursing left and right with another guy on the team with no regard to his surroundings. and now this situation.

he is a tremendous player, but his attitude shows. hopefully he sees what his teammate Mr. Merkley had to go through after being labelled with a caution sign and gets his act together.
As a Kitchener Rangers fan, you sure are invested in the Knights, and drawing attention to (mostly) negative aspects of the team. You've also raised issues that were addressed ad nauseum last season (e.g. lack of playing time for first round picks). I find it hard to imagine that you have some altruistic concern for Rolofs' development. The Hunters have their own way of running the team and we don't always agree with their approach, but we understand what that approach is.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
As a Kitchener Rangers fan, you sure are invested in the Knights, and drawing attention to (mostly) negative aspects of the team. You've also raised issues that were addressed ad nauseum last season (e.g. lack of playing time for first round picks). I find it hard to imagine that you have some altruistic concern for Rolofs' development. The Hunters have their own way of running the team and we don't always agree with their approach, but we understand what that approach is.

Knights fan living in Waterloo so I follow both teams. born and raised in London. was home on holidays for the last 2 weeks of summer so I went to the camp and that’s what I saw. I’m just concerned for Antonio, as I would not want him to go down the path that Merkley has gotten himself on with his attitude.

is the 1st rounder only playing 27 games and a potential 1st round pick in the NHL throwing hissy fits every time he doesn’t get his way not something to be concerned about?

Reactions: shanewalsh

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I’m just concerned for Antonio, as I would not want him to go down the path that Merkley has gotten himself on with his attitude.

Agreed frustration is another aspect of maturing. Actually I can’t remember this being an issue with him in the past? Like someone said it sort of depends why he was ticked off? If he is mad he didn’t play well or mad that he took a cheap shot the ref missed I get it. Let’s leave it at that assuming he was mad at his line mates or mad at the coaches is a little unfair IMO until we see or here more details?

Reactions: KnightsWatch

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Agreed frustration is another aspect of maturing. Actually I can’t remember this being an issue with him in the past? Like someone said it sort of depends why he was ticked off? If he is mad he didn’t play well or mad that he took a cheap shot the ref missed I get it. Let’s leave it at that assuming he was mad at his line mates or mad at the coaches is a little unfair IMO until we see or here more details?

there’s just some things that I’ve personally seen (see above about training camp) and heard from within that circle (the game he was healthy scratched in last year) that are definitely issues.

as far as the Kingston game goes, I didn’t see this but if it’s what people are making it out to be, wait until you’re in the room. the game was over, they won & his teammate just had the game of his life and finally scored his 1st goal (and 2 more)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Knights fan living in Waterloo so I follow both teams. born and raised in London. was home on holidays for the last 2 weeks of summer so I went to the camp and that’s what I saw. I’m just concerned for Antonio, as I would not want him to go down the path that Merkley has gotten himself on with his attitude.

is the 1st rounder only playing 27 games and a potential 1st round pick in the NHL throwing hissy fits every time he doesn’t get his way not something to be concerned about?
Fair enough. But I also noticed you started a thread to express concern (frustration? disappointment? shock?) that certain Knights players were ranked so highly in the upcoming NHL draft despite having less than impressive rookie campaigns. Taken together your posts seem to suggest an interest in taking shots at players and the organization. I'll respond accordingly.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

MathewsMoustache:
Calm down Bro'.
Antonio Stranges was cross checked at the end of the game.
Have you ever been hit from behind or are you just another keyboard know it all?
It's a long season.
Starnges is 17 years old.
Players have there ups and downs.
Stranges is used to producing lots of points in the lower levels.
At the end of this season he will have good point totals as well as better defensive habits.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Fair enough. But I also noticed you started a thread to express concern (frustration? disappointment? shock?) that certain Knights players were ranked so highly in the upcoming NHL draft despite having less than impressive rookie campaigns. Taken together your posts seem to suggest an interest in taking shots at players and the organization. I'll respond accordingly.

I have to agree Nelli now I don’t know all the posts so can’t comment on MM posts. MM not directed at you because I don’t know.

BUT

I’m growing tired of the Non Knight supporters worrying about how we develop players in London. The same London that leads all (I Believe) JR Hockey in NHL placement in the Hunter era. Tired of it go wine somewhere else ........

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Well to be honest Antonio Stranges isn’t playing like an NHL first rounder. He doesn’t play anywhere near the same style as his idol Mitch Marner and is more of a Jeremy Bracco. He’s puts in no effort defensively, and tries to be too cute with the puck. To be honest, at this point I have noticed Evangelista more to this point being a difference maker, rather than Stranges. To be honest, I didn’t notice Stranges at all vs Kingston I would like to see Antonio Stranges to develop a defensive game, because as we all know with Mitch Marner, good defense turns into good offense.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

mostly shock, would love if they all got drafted. but there were for sure guys that should’ve been in there ahead of them. goes for other guys from other teams too.

I’m just telling things how I see them. you don’t have to like my opinions. just because I am a fan of the Knights doesn’t mean I support everything that everyone in that organization does.

the selection of posts used as examples are pretty picky and choosy. the amount of times I’ve used the Knights as examples in the Rangers board as things that would be good to see in Kitchener is quite high

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
MathewsMoustache:
Calm down Bro'.
Antonio Stranges was cross checked at the end of the game.
Have you ever been hit from behind or are you just another keyboard know it all?
It's a long season.
Starnges is 17 years old.
Players have there ups and downs.
Stranges is used to producing lots of points in the lower levels.
At the end of this season he will have good point totals as well as better defensive habits.

I never claimed to have known what caused his frustration. but it paints a bad picture when he won the game and his teammate had the night of his life and he just wants to get out of there. and if he develops a habit of stuff like this, he’s not going to be very well respected

I shall now go to my beer league hockey game and ask someone to cross check me into the boards so I can learn what frustration feels like

Reactions: zman77

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
now, no one take this the wrong way or say I hate the Knights for this opinion, I do think he should be higher in the lineup and that we wouldn’t be having this discussion if he were. but he’s not, and Evangelista, who I’ve been tough on, is earning the minutes

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
now, no one take this the wrong way or say I hate the Knights for this opinion, I do think he should be higher in the lineup and that we wouldn’t be having this discussion if he were. but he’s not, and Evangelista, who I’ve been tough on, is earning the minutes
Not taking it the wrong way but Antonio needs to be a big producer and leader for us in his draft year. Been in the “dog house” it appears for a game or two. Not really news worthy I wouldn’t think but maybe some supporters see it as such? He will be just fine but he is either going to play Dales way or continue to struggle for quality ice time. Just the way it is on a Dale Hunter team. Always has been always will be......it’s definitely not a democracy. LOL

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
I never claimed to have known what caused his frustration. but it paints a bad picture when he won the game and his teammate had the night of his life and he just wants to get out of there. and if he develops a habit of stuff like this, he’s not going to be very well respected

I shall now go to my beer league hockey game and ask someone to cross check me into the boards so I can learn what frustration feels like

We can only speculate what may have happened to him.
Personally, I like Antonio Stranges' amazing skating and puck-handling skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad