London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Stars Of The Game

7907.jpg

First
Luke Evangelista #14 London
7681.jpg

Second
Connor McMichael #11 London
7328.jpg

Third
Nathan Dunkley #17 London

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
Agreed kid has kept his mouth zipped when ice time was minimal, put his head down and just played hard. Awesome result and “welcome” to the big time. No pressure just every game put up a 4 spot....:laugh::laugh:

Speaking of attitude and maturity, did anyone else catch #40 at the end of the game? Did he not realize that his team won? Someone was NOT happy. The team won and is gathering at center and he couldn't wait to get off the ice. Didn't even cross the blue line to join the team at center. Just turned away, went to the gate and broke his stick.

Something else going on there? Could he really be that pissed about minutes and who he skates with?

I mean, come on ... your team just broke a 3 game losing streak .....

Saw this one game last year and remarked about it here. OK, maybe you give a pass to a 16-yr old rookie learning a new league. But a hot, young star, in his 2nd year, projected to go in the 1st Round of the NHL draft ????

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
With McMichael feeding him the puck on a regular basis, I'm sure he'd adjust quite nicely. Would love to see him get the opportunity.

Maybe I was too hard-headed of a coach or too much of a disciplinarian, but attitude matters. I don't care who the player is. He could be wearing sandals and turning water into wine, if he comes off the ice like that after a big team win, he's sitting.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Speaking of attitude and maturity, did anyone else catch #40 at the end of the game? Did he not realize that his team won? Someone was NOT happy. The team won and is gathering at center and he couldn't wait to get off the ice. Didn't even cross the blue line to join the team at center. Just turned away, went to the gate and broke his stick.

He didnt like a hit on him from behind near the end of the game from a Fronts player. I didnt catch the number. But it had him pretty upset it seemed.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Speaking of attitude and maturity, did anyone else catch #40 at the end of the game? Did he not realize that his team won? Someone was NOT happy. The team won and is gathering at center and he couldn't wait to get off the ice. Didn't even cross the blue line to join the team at center. Just turned away, went to the gate and broke his stick

re-#40

Showing emotion should certainly be welcomed by players, it brings out the character in them, however it should always be done at the right place and time, showing personal frustration after a team win is not in my view the right time and place to show this kind of reckless emotion.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
OHL Three Stars: October 19, 2019
2ND STAR: LUKE EVANGELISTA (LONDON KNIGHTS) – 3G, 1A

Luke Evangelista had a breakout afternoon in London, scoring the first three goals of his OHL career while tacking on an assist as the Knights defeated visiting Kingston 6-3. Evangelista, who entered play with seven assists on the campaign, got to work early with a pair of first period goals with help from linemate Connor McMichael before finishing his hat-trick midway through the third period. The 17-year-old from Oakville, Ont. has 11 points (3-8–11) through nine games this season. He was London’s first round (14th overall) pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection.
HIGHLIGHTS
Oct19ThreeStars-1024x625.jpg

strykerman

Sep 1, 2012
Not so sure.Stranges is hard to play with.
Too unorthodox.
Well, Jeremy Bracco did pretty good in the O. I'm getting a feeling that, Mr. Stranges is either going to get traded or ask for one. An A rated player , who saw ice last year with offensive talent, being put on a checking line. Nothing against Mr. Nelson, but, shouldn't those two be switched? Don't know what's going on behind closed doors, just an observation. As many posters have stated, he should be in top six.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So why is Winslow playing and not Montgomery?
Is something else happening because IMO Winslow is terrible.
Keane played better but still is not very good.

I am somewhat thinking in the same line as you shanewalsh when it comes to Montgomery's playing, I truly like this kid and feel much more comfortable when he's playing compared to Keane and Winslow when they are on the same ice. I am wondering if the fact his date of birth does not qualify him for NHL draft until 2021 instead of 2020, allowing him for another year of development while the other two are ranked for this up coming 2020 NHL draft. We can't forget the fact both Keane and Winslow are very young in league experience playing as a team on the same line, they are bound to make mistakes as both are learning together, it's not quite the same as Steklov playing as teammate to NHL drafted Hunter Skinner. Somehow I am getting the feeling we are watching a second coming of Regula when we see Montgomery playing, it's too early to make this comparison, if not, he sure has the right (co)captain to learn from.

Last edited:

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Maybe I was too hard-headed of a coach or too much of a disciplinarian, but attitude matters. I don't care who the player is. He could be wearing sandals and turning water into wine, if he comes off the ice like that after a big team win, he's sitting.

I think his reasoning for losing his cool makes a big difference in this situation. If it was due to his ice time or linemates (even though I think he is getting the shaft), then yes, he deserves to sit; however, if it was due to a hit where he may have been injured, then I think we'd need to cut him some slack.

STS

Jul 3, 2005
I think his reasoning for losing his cool makes a big difference in this situation. If it was due to his ice time or linemates (even though I think he is getting the shaft), then yes, he deserves to sit; however, if it was due to a hit where he may have been injured, then I think we'd need to cut him some slack.
Looked like a Kingston player gave him a bad high stick and Dunkley went after the Kingston player ( name escapes me ) at the end of the game.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Looked like a Kingston player gave him a bad high stick and Dunkley went after the Kingston player ( name escapes me ) at the end of the game.

If that was what he was upset about, then fine, but it may also have been a combination of that and being stuck on the checking line after coming into the weekend as the team's 2nd leading scorer, with little to no powerplay time. Ya, I'd be a little frustrated too!

Maybe the coaches were trying to send him a message about his defense, maybe some other off-ice issue....who knows for sure,....other than Stranges himself.

All I know, is if I'm Stranges, I keep my emotions in check and ask the coaching staff what I can do to improve my game, then work my @$$ off to get back on a scoring line and the 1st PP unit.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

Generally speaking here without naming any name, although you may know who I am speaking of;

A player in search to become professional one day, and as such showing signs of weakness will destroy any hope of achieving this goal. What I mean by that is being professional however human he or she may be has to hide weakness to their opposition to the best they can or they'll step all over it, if anyone ever been into fighting situation(war combatants or personals) will know exactly what I am talking about. Let me say someone showing personal frustration in public for everyone including oppositions to know or learn about the way it was done that afternoon is not a good sign of strength , he/she must find ways to keep personal anguish in check until in a more private place. You are hurt and you stay on the ice until attended to, is a sign of being human and not of weakness, but by getting up putting on display for everyone to see your reckless frustration in my opinion is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad