London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
The players and overall team system playing out front do helps goalie a great deal too.

What Kooy has got going compare to lets say Raaymakers last year is his composure, how he seem to be square to the shooters on regular basis and also what I think as his bread and better is of his rebound controls. He seems to know where the puck is going after it hit him or where it falls in front of him, it's something so many goaltenders are having problem mastering, his issues is definitely not for his goaltending talent it's something else

Agree Fastpace.
Hopefully Mark and Dale can get Jordan Kooy back on track.
Raaymakers was a good mentor for Kooy showing him the importance of good preparation.

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
It also ups his value just being on that stage. I think it’s s marketing move...
That’s definitely plausible. Both the WHL and QMJHL only named 2 tenders with each getting a start and the other backing up for each of their 2 games. The OHL named 4 goalies: Ingham and Jones for the game in Kitchener (likely Jones starting, as a Hockey Canada development program product) and Andree and Kooy in London. My guess is that Kooy won’t start but will back up Andree (who obviously made an impression on Hunter when the 67’s played the Knights a few weeks back).

Just being named to the roster is prestigious and there are lots of teams that could use goaltending help this year. Stroke of brilliance (as usual) from Hunter to highlight Kooy this way if he is actually up for trade.

Reactions: KnightsWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad