London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
I think everyone is jumping the gun on Kooy; October is not the time to panic. Kooy is coming back from pro camp and players, especially goalies can have a tough time readjusting not only physically but mentally.
Look around the OHL heck the NHL, wide open pond hockey at times while teams work on systems and defensive structure.
Lastly, London isn't exactly a stellar defensive team right now so don't put all on Kooy's shoulders.

Reactions: MikeyDee and zman77
I think everyone is jumping the gun on Kooy; October is not the time to panic. Kooy is coming back from pro camp and players, especially goalies can have a tough time readjusting not only physically but mentally.
Look around the OHL heck the NHL, wide open pond hockey at times while teams work on systems and defensive structure.
Lastly, London isn't exactly a stellar defensive team right now so don't put all on Kooy's shoulders.
Kooy's current situation has zero to do with his play

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Kooy's current situation has zero to do with his play
Phlyer not following your line of thought; London brought in an OA goalie to check out because Kooy is playing well?
Your rookie goalie stood on his head but that is what he has to do to even stick with the team. Once that adrenalin rush wears off he will settle in to what he actually is, a good rookie prospect.

Phlyer not following your line of thought; London brought in an OA goalie to check out because Kooy is playing well?
Your rookie goalie stood on his head but that is what he has to do to even stick with the team. Once that adrenalin rush wears off he will settle in to what he actually is, a good rookie prospect.
Kooy's current situation is off ice...not on ice.

Reactions: Frank the Skank

67hockeyfan

Sep 30, 2017
The Kooy "load management" saga continues. Looks like he will be on the Canada/Russia series roster for the London game.
Would Kooy and Andree split the game, or would one of them be the BUG? If so, who starts?

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
McCue over Rolofs for the under-17s. Rolofs was supposed to be a steal in the late first round too. good for McCue to go out and earn it
Seems weird that the 1st rounder didn't make it for this tournament....Hopefully this isnt a bad sign. One thing thats nice about Rolofs is the size though..

Reactions: zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Seems weird that the 1st rounder didn't make it for this tournament....Hopefully this isnt a bad sign. One thing thats nice about Rolofs is the size though..
McCue has played in 7 games
Rolofs has played in 2
Hard to make an impression playing 2 games

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Rolofs has played in 2

there’s also stock in how they perform in the summer camp, gold cup, etc.

but yes, I have said many times and will keep saying that not giving the 1st round pick some ice time isn’t working out as of late. look at what Evangelista’s doing with that bump in his minutes. I’m sure he’d be doing even better if he played 40 games last year.

playing the 2nd round pick over the 1st in the season opener sends the “ice time will be earned” memo. but continuously not giving Rolofs a shot is going to hurt his confidence

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Rolofs has played in 2

I think the making of impression should be made before and in between games, best not wait for games if this is the case he could be in for a long wait. Coaches needs to be impressed before they insert that player in their lineup or they won't play him until he does shows some life into his plays at practices and outside of rinks

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Anyone think the selection of Kooy to participate in the OHL/Russia game might be the Knights last ditch effort to salvage what has seemingly gone sour? Seems odd that a player in the doghouse would get selected to play in such a prestigious showcase. Even more so because Dale and Mark are running TC. Just raised an eyebrow

Maybe an attempt to showcase him for a trade....

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
there’s also stock in how they perform in the summer camp, gold cup, etc.

but yes, I have said many times and will keep saying that not giving the 1st round pick some ice time isn’t working out as of late. look at what Evangelista’s doing with that bump in his minutes. I’m sure he’d be doing even better if he played 40 games last year.

playing the 2nd round pick over the 1st in the season opener sends the “ice time will be earned” memo. but continuously not giving Rolofs a shot is going to hurt his confidence
I may be wrong but I'm of the opinion that players get better practicing and not by playing games. Game performance is a result of the work put in at practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->