London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
2 things.
Even with Merkley's bad penalties,this kid is an awesome Offensive talent.His rushes are amazing.The only deman we have that an do this.
He gets a pass in my book.

Tymkin has always been a loose cannon.Every shift it seems he is a ticking time bomb.No amount of coaching will ever get thru this guys thick skull.However he is one of the few NonMarshmallows on the team.
He also gets a pass.

If Tymkin could bring someone in the sin box along with him, like Dale was so well known to do in his playing days, it wouldn't be so bad for the team. Unlike Dale, Tymkin makes his moves in a sneaky way something refs pays attention to and look for when a player gets that reputation after a couple year in the league. Dale was in your face enticing his target head on most players knew he was coming and readied themselves for their own retaliation on Dale's oncoming also getting themselves penalized in the process too, if he could take with him a 30 to 50 goal scorer out for a few minutes it meant he's done his job very well. I am sure Dale must be pulling his hair trying to teach Cole the way, but he also knows Cole Tymkin's value of his 200 foot game, one of the prime reason he's on the shut down line with Moskal. I did notice in the third an exchange of lines of Tymkin taking Evengelista's place along side McMichael for a few shifts, got to know Dale sees some values in him. He has got to stop or at least control his personal vendetta unless he brings someone of values with him.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Hunter better wake up and realize that this current group of forwards is so predictable .They all play the same way . with a few exceptions:S O F T.
Are you seriously going to ride a 16 yr old undersized goalie as your #1????
Get some diversity Dale before the season is lost.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

mnaslund86

Mar 17, 2009
A lot of the talk at the Bud on Friday night was Kooy being shopped around, and Knights to soon sign another goalie.
I just saw this post on twitter from Guy Flaming, host of The Pipeline Show (WHL).
"Former Edmonton Oil Kings net minder Dylan Mysskiw is currently working out with the OHL's London Knights. The Knights currently have a full allotment of 20-year-olds."
"I'm still amazed another WHL club didn't sign him."
Take it what's it worth, time will tell.

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
A lot of the talk at the Bud on Friday night was Kooy being shopped around, and Knights to soon sign another goalie.
I just saw this post on twitter from Guy Flaming, host of The Pipeline Show (WHL).
"Former Edmonton Oil Kings net minder Dylan Mysskiw is currently working out with the OHL's London Knights. The Knights currently have a full allotment of 20-year-olds."
"I'm still amazed another WHL club didn't sign him."
Take it what's it worth, time will tell.

If you would have noticed, I mentioned that on here like 2 days ago..

Reactions: shanewalsh

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
I'm a little concerned about cards. 24 different players have skated for the LK this year. I believe everyone is on an A card with the possible exception of Onuska. One goes to Foudy and if the rumoured signing of Myskiw happens, they're down to either 4 or 5 cards. The Knights can spin whatever narrative they want via Pyette but I really wonder if there's internal management problems.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Dylan Myskiw

Goalie -- shoots L
Born Feb 20 1999 -- Winnipeg, MAN
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 175

2018-19
3.png
Edmonton Oil Kings
WHL 45gms2.53.914
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

imarriedawitch

Criticism ad nauseam is abuse.
Sep 22, 2013
London<>Las Vegas
I'm a little concerned about cards. 24 different players have skated for the LK this year. I believe everyone is on an A card with the possible exception of Onuska. One goes to Foudy and if the rumoured signing of Myskiw happens, they're down to either 4 or 5 cards. The Knights can spin whatever narrative they want via Pyette but I really wonder if there's internal management problems.

What's your solution? Pass on Merkley? Don't rotate young players in and out of the lineup? Just run the opening night lineup (20) to the trade deadline and hope nobody gets hurt?

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Cotter is the key here as far as why nothing has happened yet IMO.
Once that domino is settled the LK staff will look to make a move or 2.
Nothing wrong with Kooy being challenged from outside ( if rumors are true ;))
Itll play itself out and some will be surprised.
Almost forgot about Cotter. I never really expected him back is I think part of the reason I forgot him. Agreed though if they get Cotter and then a healthy Foudy those are two big additions. Cards don’t worry me 1 year in all the years I can remember they got handcuffed a little. And I understood how that happened as Bouchard and Formenton looked like they would stick in the NHL early on.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Cotter is the key here as far as why nothing has happened yet IMO.
Once that domino is settled the LK staff will look to make a move or 2.
Nothing wrong with Kooy being challenged from outside ( if rumors are true ;))
Itll play itself out and some will be surprised.

Cotter, Foudy, how the youngsters adapt, Merkley's ability to fit it, how the veteran's step up, etc. There are plenty of factors at play here......and we are only 7 games in.....lots of time to fine tune. I'm sure they are trying hard not to panic and make some of the same mistakes they made last year, eg. acquiring the wrong player(s) and burning up too many cards.

knightsrule2010

Sep 21, 2019
Almost forgot about Cotter. I never really expected him back is I think part of the reason I forgot him. Agreed though if they get Cotter and then a healthy Foudy those are two big additions. Cards don’t worry me 1 year in all the years I can remember they got handcuffed a little. And I understood how that happened as Bouchard and Formenton looked like they would stick in the NHL early on.
Cotter is on the record saying he has no desire to be in London...and how quickly people forget he wasn't anything special last year

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Yeah I'm not sure a waiver wire guy is a real solution to the goaltending problem

Reactions: LKfan

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
where does the name Ryan Campbell come from ??? he was a scratch in Sagy

Scoreboard glitch or operator goof. He plays for Niagara and was probably a scratch in a game they played against Sagy earlier in the season, or #18 was suppose to be Foudy... you pick the mistake.

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad