London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
And if I don't you going to take away my security clearance because you don't like my comments on an open forum .

Just come up with some new material for God’s sakes. It just repeats every 7 days. We get it, you think Bouchard and Formenton will stick in the NHL. I don’t think anyone here cares.
My prediction for Windsor, another year without a playoff series win. And you’ll start counting championships won in the last 11 seasons instead of 10. :deadhorse

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
And Aresknights one thing you better hope that the Knights don't lose a guy early, speaking 18/19 year olds because they have yet to win a Mem Cup when they do.
I know one team that has won their 3 cups and every year they won they lost a player early,I won't name them,as I am talking London.
Should be an interesting year regardless what happens

As always, I never hope a kid doesn't make pro so you are wrong with that statement ;)

Had a long response but why bother. Everyone takes your posts for what they are.

Im comically reminded of the teacher from the Peanuts ( Charlie Brown ) cartoons.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
So let me get this straight. It's an open forum but you can also be upset when someone doesn't hold the same view as you? Got it....

Funny how that works huh.

Like I said before its like Bagdad Bob. Regardless of what is going on around me ( certain Spits poster) if I keep chanting the same mantra they will believe lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Funny how that works huh.

Like I said before its like Bagdad Bob. Regardless of what is going on around me if I keep chanting the same mantra they will believe lol.

Overall I think it's a lot easier to be critical or give a critique of an opposing team as opposed to the team you would follow. After all being a fan the definition is being a fanatic and people can lose perspective when being a "fan." If you take it for entertainment, want the team to do well that's great. Be disappointed, be frustrated if your team doesn't do well but don't lose perspective. Best way to put it is the common discussion of a team making a move.

[Team does something dumb]

[Everyone points out how dumb it was]

[Team’s fans defend it]

[Team’s fans defend it]

[Team’s fans defend it]

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Overall I think it's a lot easier to be critical or give a critique of an opposing team as opposed to the team you would follow. After all being a fan the definition is being a fanatic and people can lose perspective when being a "fan." If you take it for entertainment, want the team to do well that's great. Be disappointed, be frustrated if your team doesn't do well but don't lose perspective. Best way to put it is the common discussion of a team making a move.

[Team’s fans defend it]

[Team’s fans defend it]

[Team’s fans defend it]

It gets to the point with some, its ridiculous how far they will go to always see sunshine n rainbows with their team (and claim others are biased if they dare object or stray from the all is great theme lol)

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Just come up with some new material for God’s sakes. It just repeats every 7 days. We get it, you think Bouchard and Formenton will stick in the NHL. I don’t think anyone here cares.
My prediction for Windsor, another year without a playoff series win. And you’ll start counting championships won in the last 11 seasons instead of 10. :deadhorse

As a response to your final comments I predict London might win a playoff game for a change.
Winning 1 round in the last 2 seasons and they needed outside help in the win is hardly reloading as some say London does instead of rebuilding.
Winning 3 rounds in the 4 years around the Mem Cup win,2 before and now 1 after is not reloading.

Last edited:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
What do you expect him to say to the media?

re: senators youth movement
If you dont want to go on record, definitely not that! Best to say...all positions at camp are wide open. No one’s spot is secure and the best players at camp make the team. And leave it at that. Conversely, if you publicly announce a youth movement the msg to fans is clear…be prepared; be patient; we are shifting gears; stay with us.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
re: senators youth movement
If you dont want to go on record, definitely not that! Best to say...all positions at camp are wide open. No one’s spot is secure and the best players at camp make the team. And leave it at that. Conversely, if you publicly announce a youth movement the msg to fans is clear…be prepared; be patient; we are shifting gears; stay with us.

That's basically what he said... he never guaranteed a youth movement. He said "If we can" ... big difference.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
That's basically what he said... he never guaranteed a youth movement. He said "If we can" ... big difference.

It has not been one isolate comment by the sens. They have made many public statement about this impending youth movement…

“There will be more mistakes, but there will be enthusiasm,” Boucher said of the youthful charge he knows is coming. “There will be energy. Sometimes, a blank sheet is refreshing. The kids come in and they are a sponge and they grasp everything you are trying to do. “Sometimes, it’s hard because it’s hard for them to adjust, but that’s part of the job.”

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London
I think there alot of teams in the West who could get home ice in the 1st round this coming season because the conference is not nearly as talented as those who finished in the top 4 last year,no perceivable powerhouses, not alot of separation between many teams Erie not withstanding.
That being said,I am comfortable saying here,that should London not have Formenton, Bouchard, Tkachuk in their lineup this year, they go from contender (favorite) to a pretender.
I do think that Boquist will be the only 1 of the 4 that you mentioned plays in London.While I know despite being 18 that he can play in AHL should he not make Chicago,it's his age and lack of NHL strength,no North American experience to boot makes sense for him to be Knight.Next year a different story, assuming he gains strength,plus expected improvement the AHL would be in the cards more so should he not make the Hawks.
Ottawa has indicated they want to go young I think Formenton who continues to improve will make Ottawa, Tkachuk will either play in Ottawa or Belleville,their AHL affiliate, if it's Belleville it's because they can control his development, dictate ice time,and who he plays with on a PP,etc,in London they lose that development control no matter what Mark Hunter tells them.
I am sure Tkachuk wouldn't mind playing for the 2nd winningest OHL team in the last 10 years,as it relates to championships (OHL,Mem Cup),and certainly would be a huge contributor,still think it's the 3rd choice Ottawa would do.
As for Bouchard,the injury to Sekera for Oilers is huge, his offense and hockey IQ is something Edmonton will want to utilize and of all teams to get drafted by their D has been a mess for years, should never have traded Taylor Hall,so I think he stays in the show.
And Aresknights one thing you better hope that the Knights don't lose a guy early, speaking 18/19 year olds because they have yet to win a Mem Cup when they do.
I know one team that has won their 3 cups and every year they won they lost a player early,I won't name them,as I am talking London.
Should be an interesting year regardless what happens

Wait a minute while I pick the thorns out of my side. I actually enjoyed reading your post, well the obvious barbs got a bit much but that's your style..

You made a few good points. Sadly I find myself coming to the same conclusion that Bouchard, Formenton and Tkachuk might stick in their respective shit-show teams in the NHL. We win some, we lose some, we are no stranger to this. It's the wins that send fans of other teams out of their minds (which is fun!!!)

I won't lie, I would love to see all three returned and we go on a quest for another banner. But if it doesn't happen then I will truly enjoy watching the squad we have grow together. And, aquisition is another avenue of growth available to us.

Ouch, still picking out the thorns....

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
As a response to your final comments I predict London might win a playoff game for a change.
Winning 1 round in the last 2 seasons and they needed outside help in the win is hardly reloading as some say London does instead of rebuilding.
Winning 3 rounds in the 4 years around the Mem Cup win,2 before and now 1 after is not reloading.

LMAO
Since you want to be selective with your numbers, I can do that as well.
London won 17 straight postseason and Memorial Cup games in 2016. How many years has it taken for Windsor to win that many? And you can even count your spectacular Cup in 2017.
6? 7?

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
LMAO
London won 17 straight postseason and Memorial Cup games in 2016. How many years has it taken for Windsor to win that many? And you can even count your spectacular Cup in 2017.
6? 7?

And what about your spectacular home hosting in 2014, you really want to relive that
And Windsor has won 12 straight Mem Cup games far better then London has done in that tournament.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Let’s put it this way... I think Robbie Thomas has a better chance coming back to the OHL due to the Blues crazy depth, as opposed to Formenton and Tkachuk and the Sens and their lack of depth....

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Just wondering, if the Ottawa Senators are going to play with all these young junior age players, perhaps if they ask the OHL nicely they could expand and have Sens play in our league.

nah ! I doubt they'd make the playoff in this league with that team.

Joking aside. The Sens is a professional hockey organization and will conduct themselves accordingly, all their young players will be placed in places that are best for their development and for the hockey club.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
LMAO
6? 7?

If we were to play a game trolling or rolling I think I know which one would win. The part of winning a playoff game seems like a lot of saltiness must be having a few margarita's this morning.

Otto

And what about your spectacular home hosting in 2014, you really want to relive that
And Windsor has won 12 straight Mem Cup games far better then London has done in that tournament.

Can you just go away now and play on your own board. You serve no purpose here

Otto

It has not been one isolate comment by the sens. They have made many public statement about this impending youth movement…

“There will be more mistakes, but there will be enthusiasm,” Boucher said of the youthful charge he knows is coming. “There will be energy. Sometimes, a blank sheet is refreshing. The kids come in and they are a sponge and they grasp everything you are trying to do. “Sometimes, it’s hard because it’s hard for them to adjust, but that’s part of the job.”

Again, it's all stock answers. Of course they are going to say all that. Don't get me wrong, I hope they all make the NHL this season and can begin earning some money... but you can't hold any stock in what gets said in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->