London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I completely agree with you! We just need Guy Boucher to agree with us.

“It’s wide open,” Senators coach Guy Boucher said of the opportunities for younger players, while watching Tkachuk at development camp in late June. “I’m looking forward to, if we can, have a young guy on every line. It depends on how they do (in training camp), but I would love to have the greatest number of young guys make our team.”

Well f*** lol

Thinking Forms is gone now.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
No doubt Sens' Guy Boucher wishes to see a young player on each of his lines but the hard reality will set in quickly for him.

This franchise is too unsettle at the moment to play around with experimental young players, just last year there were talk of leaving town. Better have a good product on the ice or the fans may not digest this too well at the doors as they just recently finished up a new lease agreement with the Canadian Tire Centre. IMHO

Reactions: zman77

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Well **** lol

Thinking Forms is gone now.
i dont take a look at their youth if they keep Formenton up he would come an RFA same time as Brown, Gustavsson, Kelly, Batherson, Lajoie and Tkachuk thats alot of young talent to have up all at once. Not even pointing out the fact sens will be a dumpster fire this year whats the point?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I completely agree with you! We just need Guy Boucher to agree with us.

“It’s wide open,” Senators coach Guy Boucher said of the opportunities for younger players, while watching Tkachuk at development camp in late June. “I’m looking forward to, if we can, have a young guy on every line. It depends on how they do (in training camp), but I would love to have the greatest number of young guys make our team.”

What do you expect him to say to the media?

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
No doubt Sens' Guy Boucher wishes to see a young player on each of his lines but the hard reality will set in quickly for him.

This franchise is too unsettle at the moment to play around with experimental young players, just last year there were talk of leaving town. Better have a good product on the ice or the fans may not digest this too well at the doors as they just recently finished up a new lease agreement with the Canadian Tire Centre. IMHO

Sorry I dont want to come across argumentative but I respectfully disagree with this. Fans do not come out in droves to support a team of older low level talent. To light a fire under a fan base you need to change the status quo bring some youth and show them there is hope in the future. Next years Blue Jays and last years/this years London Knights team are the textbook examples of this. I understand the personal desire to want LK notable talent back this year (myself included) but the fact is we should be embracing and rooting for these players to make their respective NHL teams and not look for reason why they wont. Lets face it Ottawas current roster is horrible and even before the injury Edmonton was in desperate need of dm. When they make the NHL LK can celebrate and brag about the tremendous job Dale and co. and the OHL has done to get players like Forms and Evan ready for the NHL so soon. This will bode well for the organization in the future.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
LK loses kids early on a regular basis. More so than any OHL team. ( JMO,if there is evidence contrary please share and I apologize in advance)
I don't count any1 as coming back until they show up here in London.
All this "so n so isnt ready-- player X needs to play jr-- best for their development.....blah blah" is mostly just wishful thinking on fans part.
Every situation is unique and the pro club holds all the cards. Kids can develop/ get passed by in many different situations.

Sit back, see who shows up n enjoy.

Seems we lose a player every year lol and I think this year will be similar. If not, great.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Sorry I dont want to come across argumentative but I respectfully disagree with this. Fans do not come out in droves to support a team of older low level talent. To light a fire under a fan base you need to change the status quo bring some youth and show them there is hope in the future. Next years Blue Jays and last years/this years London Knights team are the textbook examples of this. I understand the personal desire to want LK notable talent back this year (myself included) but the fact is we should be embracing and rooting for these players to make their respective NHL teams and not look for reason why they wont. Lets face it Ottawas current roster is horrible and even before the injury Edmonton was in desperate need of dm. When they make the NHL LK can celebrate and brag about the tremendous job Dale and co. and the OHL has done to get players like Forms and Evan ready for the NHL so soon. This will bode well for the organization in the future.

I very much appreciate your response, can't disagree too much with it you are making good points. However if you have noticed in my post I wrote about a franchise in difficulty and it might not be wise to mess with it unlike most of the fairly financially established teams used as exemplaries in your post

Reactions: Sam14 and zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Guess we will have to wait it out and see who is back and move forward from there. I doubt we ever see Tkachuk but you never know where things fit. A real valid point someone made is having 5-6 players hit free agency at the same time needing extensions. It has hurt Chicago in that they have constantly had to maneuver around the salary cap. If Toews,Keith and Kane had real cap friendly contracts live would have been easier. Toronto better win in the next few years as they are going to be on the wrong side as well.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
t9w6tuKF_bigger.jpg
OHL Prospects‏ @BrockOtten 20h20 hours ago

OHL Prospects Retweeted Brennan Klak
Sad news for Sekera.
But one less block preventing Evan Bouchard from making the Oilers?

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Prediction: World Junior Line-Up
By
Craig Button
Up front, Senators prospect Alex Formenton played last year in a different role and has the chance to be a front-line player if he's available to them. He has made such great strides in his game, and he may start in the NHL just like he did last season – perhaps staying a bit longer this time.

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-on-fire-lafreniere-should-be-an-impact-player-at-world-juniors-1.1157599
Projected 2019 Team Canada WJC Roster

GLDRD
Michael DiPietroPierre-Olivier JosephEvan Bouchard
Olivier RodrigueTy SmithNoah Dobson
Matthew VillaltaJared McIsaacIan Mitchell
Kevin Bahl
LWCRW
Michael RasmussenRobert ThomasOwen Tippett
Alex FormentonCody GlassGabe Vilardi
Alexis LafreniereMorgan FrostNick Suzuki
Maxime ComtoisShane BowersTy Dellandrea
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Fastpace

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
4EnAXjVR_bigger.jpg
NA Central Scouting‏ @MarkSeidel Aug 13

DT: People don’t want to hear this but London may be unstoppable this year.
They brought back a very good group & added Boqvist, Stranges & Guskov & I
believe that Tkachuk will be added to the mix. That will be a fun team to watch
but a nightmare to match up with for every team

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hi LK fans, on the topic of B. Tkachuk, I really feel he signed with the "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" guaranteed spot on the roster for this coming season. He had too good of a fall back going back to school for 1 more year if he wasn't "told so" from Ottawa management. I know it would be great for the Knight's (and the whole league) to have him here for the year but I just don't see it.
On another note, it now looks like E. Bouchard might have taken another step forward in making the Oilers starting roster for this season after the unfortunate injury to A. Sekera.
LK fans, always know this - losing a player to early entry into the NHL is NEVER a bad thing, it boast's success to the players CHL team!

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
It could be that Formenton, Tkachuk and Bouchard all play in NHL this fall. It is what it is my season's tickets are sitting there waiting to be picked up. I have total faith in the knight's that this regime will put a great product out there for our enjoyment. As a long time season's and holding ticket holder I couldn't always say that pre Hunter era. I am excited as hell and can't wait.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

the man22

Jun 11, 2014

Wouldn't it give the fans base more "hope" to have OTT's GM talking about the 100 plus point year that the two "best prospects" in the organization are having in Junior. Rather than talking about the struggles they are having adjusting to scoring in the NHL?

Bouchard is no closer or further away from making the Oilers today then he was yesterday. It's a business if you start the "clock" too early you lose the valuable years at the end. Does Edmonton win a Stanley Cup with or without Bouchard? No.

One point nobody has made. Brady Tkachuk's Brother Matthew played in London and won a Memorial Cup. He finished with 107 points. No doubt "big" brother has told Brady about how much fun it is to play in London.

Also, in EVERY article, news clip and Web Media heading into the draft. The two bothers have talked about how competitive they were. You would have to think way down, way deep down in that head of Brady's. He wants to go to London and smash those numbers.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
The funny thing, if I was Pierre Dorian, I need to keep my team competitive because if they don’t they give Colorado a high first round pick, so if I were him, I’d spare my prospects and give them one more year and sign free agent players like Mike Cammallari etc who can still play and put them on a one year contract so that gives them a year to play for a contract and give the Sens prospects time to develop them properly....

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Good thing is LK can have Boqvist, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Formenton all go NHL this year and still have a good shot at home ice for the POs ;)
Not a scenario many reloading or rebuilding teams could lay claim too.
Im counting them all as gone until they show up :)
Bonus if any/all wear the green n gold.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Every year we have this same conversation regarding who is coming back and who is staying up.

While the other OHL teams and other teams fans watch this thread. Wishing our players don’t come back so they and their inferior product can have a better chance at success.

It’s an enviable position to be in, wouldn’t you say?

It’s great to be a fan of the mighty green and gold.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I am pretty sure management in Ottawa still thinks they are competitive. We see them as a tire fire but they could see otherwise. Keep in mind, this current sens squad isn't that much different then the one that made the CONF finals a few years ago. I think they are a disaster personally. If Formenton and Tkachuk head into Sens camp and impress, I wouldn't be surprised if they stick. Hell Formenton got a sniff last year, hes a much better player then he was 12 months ago.

I was reading that when Tyson Jost (Avs Pick) negotiated his contract, he signed because both sides agreed that it was pro hockey only. Tkachuk could very well do the same thing. This isn't some 5th round NHL pick that needs to play a year of JR. If he plays in Ottawa or Belleville, he's probably going to be fine.

Going to be an interesting few months for you guys.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Good thing is LK can have Boqvist, Bouchard, Tkachuk, Formenton all go NHL this year and still have a good shot at home ice for the POs ;)
Not a scenario many reloading or rebuilding teams could lay claim too.
Im counting them all as gone until they show up :)
Bonus if any/all wear the green n gold.

I think there alot of teams in the West who could get home ice in the 1st round this coming season because the conference is not nearly as talented as those who finished in the top 4 last year,no perceivable powerhouses, not alot of separation between many teams Erie not withstanding.
That being said,I am comfortable saying here,that should London not have Formenton, Bouchard, Tkachuk in their lineup this year, they go from contender (favorite) to a pretender.
I do think that Boquist will be the only 1 of the 4 that you mentioned plays in London.While I know despite being 18 that he can play in AHL should he not make Chicago,it's his age and lack of NHL strength,no North American experience to boot makes sense for him to be Knight.Next year a different story, assuming he gains strength,plus expected improvement the AHL would be in the cards more so should he not make the Hawks.
Ottawa has indicated they want to go young I think Formenton who continues to improve will make Ottawa, Tkachuk will either play in Ottawa or Belleville,their AHL affiliate, if it's Belleville it's because they can control his development, dictate ice time,and who he plays with on a PP,etc,in London they lose that development control no matter what Mark Hunter tells them.
I am sure Tkachuk wouldn't mind playing for the 2nd winningest OHL team in the last 10 years,as it relates to championships (OHL,Mem Cup),and certainly would be a huge contributor,still think it's the 3rd choice Ottawa would do.
As for Bouchard,the injury to Sekera for Oilers is huge, his offense and hockey IQ is something Edmonton will want to utilize and of all teams to get drafted by their D has been a mess for years, should never have traded Taylor Hall,so I think he stays in the show.
And Aresknights one thing you better hope that the Knights don't lose a guy early, speaking 18/19 year olds because they have yet to win a Mem Cup when they do.
I know one team that has won their 3 cups and every year they won they lost a player early,I won't name them,as I am talking London.
Should be an interesting year regardless what happens

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
I think there alot of teams in the West who could get home ice in the 1st round this coming season because the conference is not nearly as talented as those who finished in the top 4 last year,no perceivable powerhouses, not alot of separation between many teams Erie not withstanding.
That being said,I am comfortable saying here,that should London not have Formenton, Bouchard, Tkachuk in their lineup this year, they go from contender (favorite) to a pretender.
I do think that Boquist will be the only 1 of the 4 that you mentioned plays in London.While I know despite being 18 that he can play in AHL should he not make Chicago,it's his age and lack of NHL strength,no North American experience to boot makes sense for him to be Knight.Next year a different story, assuming he gains strength,plus expected improvement the AHL would be in the cards more so should he not make the Hawks.
Ottawa has indicated they want to go young I think Formenton who continues to improve will make Ottawa, Tkachuk will either play in Ottawa or Belleville,their AHL affiliate, if it's Belleville it's because they can control his development, dictate ice time,and who he plays with on a PP,etc,in London they lose that development control no matter what Mark Hunter tells them.
I am sure Tkachuk wouldn't mind playing for the 2nd winningest OHL team in the last 10 years,as it relates to championships (OHL,Mem Cup),and certainly would be a huge contributor,still think it's the 3rd choice Ottawa would do.
As for Bouchard,the injury to Sekera for Oilers is huge, his offense and hockey IQ is something Edmonton will want to utilize and of all teams to get drafted by their D has been a mess for years, should never have traded Taylor Hall,so I think he stays in the show.
And Aresknights one thing you better hope that the Knights don't lose a guy early, speaking 18/19 year olds because they have yet to win a Mem Cup when they do.
I know one team that has won their 3 cups and every year they won they lost a player early,I won't name them,as I am talking London.
Should be an interesting year regardless what happens
If the Knights get all 4, would you give this board a month reprieve from your diatribes?

Reactions: TheCoach

BrockU44

Oct 28, 2013
London, Ont
Time one my hands so I did a quick search on Cap Friendly. 26 of 31 NHL teams have former Knights players signed to NHL contracts. Teams without are Bos, LA, Vegas, Buf and NJ. I'd say that's pretty good representation.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I can honestly say that I can see Evan Bouchard, Alex Formenton, and Brady Tkachuk all making the NHL. Adam Boqvist is a different story..... It’s not what I wanna see, but it’s inevitable and us fans are now just making up excuses why they shouldn’t play in the NHL. I’m sure Ottawa and Edmonton don’t see it that way....

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Every year we have this same conversation regarding who is coming back and who is staying up.

While the other OHL teams and other teams fans watch this thread. Wishing our players don’t come back so they and their inferior product can have a better chance at success.

It’s an enviable position to be in, wouldn’t you say?

It’s great to be a fan of the mighty green and gold.

Just remember top teams has the tendency of learning bad habits while playing at the top with less compititive teams and they too can show an inferior products to the one they truly have. Also other teams do learn to play better compitive hockey when playing top teams, we have seen other teams in this league up their ante just to keep up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad