London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Snippitt:
In my correspondence with one member of the media close to the team, Knights are "positive" that Guskov will report but will take some time (paper work, etc.). As for Vlasic, likely no chance he plays this season in London; it would be a "miracle". We knew already that Vlasic was a long shot. Should have more info in the next week.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Anything on Gruden or how they will figure out how to fit all of those guys into their lineup?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Snippitt:
In my correspondence with one member of the media close to the team, Knights are "positive" that Guskov will report but will take some time (paper work, etc.). As for Vlasic, likely no chance he plays this season in London; it would be a "miracle". We knew already that Vlasic was a long shot. Should have more info in the next week.

Great news if true. Especially since it seems like he'll be a 2 year guy at least. Since he'll be drafted out of the OHL, I don't think there's the option to play him in the AHL at any point until he's 20.

It's getting very crowded up front though. Have to think some trades are coming.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Great news if true. Especially since it seems like he'll be a 2 year guy at least. Since he'll be drafted out of the OHL, I don't think there's the option to play him in the AHL at any point until he's 20.

It's getting very crowded up front though. Have to think some trades are coming.
In case of a log jam up front, my guess is that Whitaker and/or Cottam would be the first to go. And the return would be marginal.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
In case of a log jam up front, my guess is that Whitaker and/or Cottam would be the first to go. And the return would be marginal.

I wonder what's going to happen with Rowe and Duhart - they might be in tough to get into the top 9.

Formenton*, Foudy, Moskal, Dunkley, Popov, McMichael, Guskov, Stranges, Tymkin, Duhart, Evangelista, Rowe, Panwar, Whittaker, Nelson, Turko (Cottam is probably gone)

It's certainly a good problem to have. The Knights are loaded in talent from the 2000, 2001 and 2002 age groups. To think that the future looked a little thin about 10 months ago - Simpson has really done a great job. Then when you factor in that London is flush with a set of draft picks, it's an ideal spot to be in right now.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
I wonder what's going to happen with Rowe and Duhart - they might be in tough to get into the top 9.

Formenton*, Foudy, Moskal, Dunkley, Popov, McMichael, Guskov, Stranges, Tymkin, Duhart, Evangelista, Rowe, Panwar, Whittaker, Nelson, Turko (Cottam is probably gone)

It's certainly a good problem to have. The Knights are loaded in talent from the 2000, 2001 and 2002 age groups. To think that the future looked a little thin about 10 months ago - Simpson has really done a great job. Then when you factor in that London is flush with a set of draft picks, it's an ideal spot to be in right now.

There might be some big disagreement here but you would have to think Tymkin Whittaker Nelson Turko and Cottam would be first on the list of departure before Rowe and Duhart. Although raw for lack of ice time both young men given the chance have the tools stacked away to become extremely valuable to the Knights if they are planing for a two or three year run. IMHO

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Mike Stubbs Retweeted
Peter Spencer‏ @_PeterSpencer 8h8 hours ago

INTERVIEW: Paul Thompson:
'Double delight as Sheffield Steelers sign the Rupert twins'
1f4fb.png
27a1.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06fk1h3 …
pic.twitter.com/YqRhtr7euP
Di2H1q2XoAEdIlk.jpg

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
VPX-KvgY_bigger.jpg
Marner Assist Fund‏ @MarnerAssist 16h16 hours ago

Thanks
@RThomas_27 for helping us #MakeAnAssist!
Can’t wait to see you there!

pic.twitter.com/IescCa5Z9Z
Di0aEhYXgAAGEFk.jpg

maf.png

The Marner Assist Fund aims to create sustainable change for children and youth by providing resources that will make a significant impact on their futures. It grants support in the areas of children’s social care, health and education.
To raise funds for these worthy causes we launched the Marner All Star Invitational. This two-day sporting event includes a Draft Night Party, team competition, and a showcase of all the participating NHLers’ skills.
If you’re a hockey fan, you won’t want to miss the chance to hit the

ice with some of the NHL’s top players, or watch them compete against each other by putting their athletic prowess to the ultimate test. Join us for your chance to be a part of this exciting hockey charity event!
Home - Marner

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
There might be some big disagreement here but you would have to think Tymkin Whittaker Nelson Turko and Cottam would be first on the list of departure before Rowe and Duhart. Although raw for lack of ice time both young men given the chance have the tools stacked away to become extremely valuable to the Knights if they are planing for a two or three year run. IMHO

I agree with all but Tymkin. Steady improvement in production when given more ice time. could be a good shut down player. as for whittaker, nelson, turko, cottam (and pierce/liam whittaker for that matter) are all trade or even waiver bait as I doubt the returns will be high. My lineup as of now would look like

Formenton-Foudy-Popov
Gruden?-Guskov-Dunkley
Stranges-Moskal-Tymkin
McMichael-Panwar-Rowe/Evangelista/Duhart

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Bangs/Keane

Raaymakers/Kooy

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Coome or Golden get moved because Keane isn’t avoiding scholarships to sit out

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
I agree with all but Tymkin. Steady improvement in production when given more ice time. could be a good shut down player. as for whittaker, nelson, turko, cottam (and pierce/liam whittaker for that matter) are all trade or even waiver bait as I doubt the returns will be high. My lineup as of now would look like

Formenton-Foudy-Popov
Gruden?-Guskov-Dunkley
Stranges-Moskal-Tymkin

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Bangs/Keane

Raaymakers/Kooy

I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Coome or Golden get moved because Keane isn’t avoiding scholarships to sit out
Very good reply post Hockeyfan9102, - I agree

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
This should be one of, if not the most interesting fall camp ever for the Knights. I’ve never seen one with so much talents and potentials on one team to start a season, and they also have so many draftees in other areas that could come in at any time through the season.

« Drop the puck »

Reactions: zman77

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
We wouldn't mind keeping Billy Moskal, he's very expensive to let him go, we are expecting big things out of him this season
Haha, that's why we wouldn't mind him. Clearly he's unavailable, Sudbury couldn't even draft a home town kid right.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
hockeyfan9102; If Formenton does not return this season, do you realize that the remaining 13 players you mention as the forward group for this season have a total of 82 goals scored in 2017? A major leap forward will need to occur for this team to compete for a top spot in the Western Conference. Your roster may very well be more suited for a big push for 2019-20 season.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

Formenton-Foudy-Popov
Gruden?-Guskov-Dunkley
Stranges-Moskal-Tymkin

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Bangs/Keane

Raaymakers/Kooy

Formenton-Moskal-Foudy
Dunkley-Stranges-OA/Tymkin
Popov-Guskov-McMichael
Duhart-Panwar-Evangelista
Whittaker-Turko-Pierce

Regula-Bouchard
OA-Boqvist
Whittaker-Perrott
Bangs-Keane

Raaymakers
Kooy

There are not a whole lot of great OA's out there, especially on RW, so London may end up not have 3 OA's and just using Tymkin instead. Otherwise, Tymkin could receive a pretty good haul in a trade. Other than that, I think Coome, Golden, Rowe and Nelson are traded. Fallowfield and Cottam are released and given chances elsewhere if they too could not be traded. I think they could latch on in the QMJHL quite easily. Rowe, specifically, will probably be a piece used to get one or both of the OA's and maybe some picks (because I think Rowe is more valuable than an OA).

Whittaker, Turko, Pierce, Bangs, and Keane may not be listed in the main lineup, but Whittaker and Duhart are going to be rotated in a lot until one guy can take the spot away for good. Same deal with Pierce and Evangelista on the RW. Perrott and Keane will probably rotate a lot and Bouchard + Boqvist, if they are not in the NHL, will definitely be at the World Championships so both of Keane and Perrott are going to get a lot of games this year. That doesn't include injuries. Whittaker and Bangs will rotate a lot too, although Bangs probably will not get more games than what Fallowfield got and could easily be dealt over the course of the year if someone wants him. Finally Turko will probably get quite a few games because Stranges, Guskov and Panwar are all rookies and will probably not play full seasons. That being said, London could live without one of the depth forwards quite easily if a good trade comes along.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Being a 1st rounder, Rowe played the least amount even up until when he got injured in January! Only 2 pts. in 23 games, how's that tradeable?

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Guskov signs with the Knights as per twitter @ HockeyAgent1, Dan Milstein-Hockey (Guskov's agent). I can't think of any other Russian who I'd rather see come to N. America! ;)

Dan Milstein-Hockey (@HockeyAgent1) | Twitter

Also claims that Guskov is a top 5 prospect. Not in any draft. Definitely not in 2019. He's not even close to a 1st round prospect right now. He's clearly somewhat of a hack when it comes to objectively evaluating his clients.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Being a 1st rounder, Rowe played the least amount even up until when he got injured in January! Only 2 pts. in 23 games, how's that tradeable?

He's a 1st round prospect. All of them have a lot of value, because not all of them have the right opportunities right out of the gate. If a team likes what he brings, and has a spot for him, they'd target him if they were to sell a bigger piece to London.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

It wasn't a talent issue IMO. I have eluded to it before. (Kooy as well sat for an extended period of time) Heck we can go all the way back to Bolland as another example.
Some kids have adjustment periods, figure it out and thrive yr 2 or whenever. Some don't. It happens.

As a former 1st rd pick he would definitely garner some interest. At what level? Don't know but I trust LK and thier assessment of players and wether their value is greater to the team in a trade or hanging on. ( Henderson, Gleason, all the trades to Sudbury ;) as recent examples)

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
hockeyfan9102; If Formenton does not return this season, do you realize that the remaining 13 players you mention as the forward group for this season have a total of 82 goals scored in 2017? A major leap forward will need to occur for this team to compete for a top spot in the Western Conference. Your roster may very well be more suited for a big push for 2019-20 season.

Last year stats are long gone, players age and develop very quick in this league if you haven't notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->