London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
I noticed last weekend, the Knights defensive coverage didn't handle pressure well and kept losing man-man. Saginaw, in particular, cycled all over the zone, turning the man-to-man inside-out. Last night, despite the fact that Erie wasn't applying anywhere near the same kind of pressure, the coverage still got scrambled.

The team was playing a defensive system extremely well a month ago. Breakouts were the best this season. But lately, they're lost. It's as if they reverted back to the beginning of the season, trying to force things individually, and causing turnovers.

At least Bouchard is making some good breakout passes, regardless of some of his mental lapses. Boys just need to settle down and play their game. Control in the D-zone, clean breakout, then blow by teams with their speed trough the middle.

Lots of hockey left.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
One has been getting playing time right from the start and the other hasn't.
One team had the open roster spot and the immediate need for the kid to produce and the other didn't.
So right. Evangelista has never been treated as a first rounder. Drysdale has. Even Perfetti, Perreault and Cuylle came in and played a ton. It’s an unfair comparison. This kid is way behind and it’s notnhia fault

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Hey all. So just wanted to toss an update on the shirts.

Between the Everybody Hates London gear and The "They Hate us cuz they ain't us" gear,

$120 is headed to the London Children's hospital so far.

I am extending this until the end of the last regular season game!

It's been quite nice. I know $120 doesn't seem like a lot but for an OHL Blog site merch store its pretty nice!

T-Shirts by OHLColltective | TeePublic

Between the Everybody Hates London gear and The "They Hate us cuz they ain't us" gear,

It's been quite nice. I know $120 doesn't seem like a lot but for an OHL Blog site merch store its pretty nice!

Every dollar I know will be appreciated. Glad I could kick in

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
You don't skate..you don't win.

Funny how last week in Saginaw nobody saw the turnovers and only saw Kooy not making the saves. Last night all you are hearing is "man there were a lot of turnovers"

Razor wasn't sharp kids...call a spade a spade
Razor was not sharp at all. Too many juicy rebounds. I'm surprised they didn't start Kooy last night and Razor in Erie on Sunday. Really disappointed by our vaunted D, especially Bouch. Keep giving it away in our end and don't stay with their checks. Too busy trying to generate offense instead of concentrating on our own end. Bouch looks disinterested and is making nowhere the amount of plays he did last season. Can barely hit the net FFS. Formo is playing frustrated and still can't finish on breakaways. On the bright side, it was def Evangelista's best game last night. We're starting to see glimpses of why he was drafted so high. Felt bad he didn't get that first goal. All around a bad team effort from the goalie on out

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Totally off topic. Head over to the Ice Dogs forum for a laugh. So. Many of their fans with their tails between their legs trying to rationalize their cheating. It's a hoot. "London does it but Branch protects them".
"We didn't cheat, we were just cheap"
LMFAO

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Totally off topic. Head over to the Ice Dogs forum for a laugh. So. Many of their fans with their tails between their legs trying to rationalize their cheating. It's a hoot. "London does it but Branch protects them".
"We didn't cheat, we were just cheap"
LMFAO

Big change from the usual attendance reports and who is singing the national anthem.
#cheaters

Reactions: sbpointer

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

Pretty pumped to wear my " They hate us cuz they ain't us" shirt.
What a fun way for hockey fans to be able to give back a little

Reactions: zman77

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
I guess it's time to add a * to the Ice Dogs 2016 runner-up banner

Or, you STH Gift.

upload_2019-2-16_16-45-22.png

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Really disappointed by our vaunted D, especially Bouch. Keep giving it away in our end and don't stay with their checks. Too busy trying to generate offense instead of concentrating on our own end. Bouch looks disinterested and is making nowhere the amount of plays he did last season. Can barely hit the net FFS. Formo is playing frustrated and still can't finish on breakaways.

Sadly I have to agree the team holds the best GAA I think and yet they are so sloppy in their own zone? I agree with the offence first as they can certainly move the puck up but they have to start to include the rest of their teammates unlike now where they try the old end to end get poke checked and back we go again. As for Formenton I have never been convinced he is what others think he is? Typically though when I call him out he explodes the next game so Alex consider yourself called out! Without these 2 major areas fixed in their game they are going to struggle in the "second season".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad