London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Good one Buttsy.
He has high end skill along with a nasty edge.
Alex is one player who's always one to notice when he's on the ice.
Watch for the unnecessary blind side hits and extra stuff after the whistle.

Trust me no one wants him to do better than me for the team. I just think he is struggling a bit right now however he was off for a long stretch and you can see his skating is still behind his normal pace. We need him 100% if we are to have any chance this year.

Reactions: zman77

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Knights. 3-1 over the Otters

A good well played team win, two defensive games in a row combined with strong goaltending by Kooy as help London make it 3 for 3 weekend
Nelson was flying in this game and Stranges gave us a little preview what we are going to see from next year . He's a 100 pts and over next year, he'll be exiting to watch like Mariner was

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
No easy games in this league.
With 5 to go, we have...
Flint (home)
Saginaw (home)
Guelph (road)
Soo (road)
Saginaw (road).

If the Knights can beat Flint next game, then beat Saginaw in regulation they will need only 1 point to clinch the conference. Provided that Saginaw hangs on tonight and beats Guelph on Friday

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights atop Midwest with 3-1 win over Erie
It was fitting to do it at Erie. Back in 2016, the Otters beat the Knights in the final game of the season to deny them the best-in-Midwest bragging rights.
It still ended up working well for London, who haven’t entered the OHL playoffs as a first or second seed in six years. Few clubs make it to the league final without that advantage.
“You’re working towards a common goal of bringing home a Memorial Cup and that’s one step on the way to do it,” assistant coach Dylan Hunter said. “It gives you the best shot to play."
Antonio Stranges:
Stranges has proven he has special skills.
“When I skate with (Total Package Hockey boss Dwayne Blais), we work on a lot of long-range shooting,” Stranges said. “That backhand, I’ve done my whole life. Growing up, half my goals were probably like that, so it was nice to get it at this level.”
He hasn’t sat out much to date, but he watched Friday’s win in Kitchener and had a little bit more juice in the tank by the time the team got to Erie. Paul Cotter, who sat out with flu symptoms in Hamilton, helped set him up.
“It felt good getting the trust and getting out there in the third period,” Stranges said. “Obviously, it’s not always like that. You have to go out and prove it every game. I’m happy with the way the year’s going. There is still a lot to learn and the organization has been great.
“I’m just trying to soak everything in.”

Reactions: Fastpace

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
From a Bud Employee...

Round 1 Home Playoff Dates *Confirmed*:
Game 1 - Friday March 22 @ 7:30pm
Game 2 - Sunday March 24 @ 2:00pm
Game 5 - Friday March 29 @ 7:30pm

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Just a footnote regarding the Lochead suspension: I was watching the Rangers/Storm game this afternoon, and the between-period interview was
with Guelph's # 5 Samarukov (sp?). The interviewer mentioned the stitches
over his eyebrow and his shiner. The player confirmed that his injury was
the result of "a good hit". Obviously, he didn't feel that the hit was dirty or
he wouldn't characterize it, as he did. He also said that he did play the next
game, so it wasn't a serious injury...in the player's estimation.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Erie fans clinging on to 3-4 years ago. I think it's cute that they actually think we have a rivalry with them
I think it’s cute you think that it’s just related to 3-4 years ago. We sucked from 2003-2013 and yet Erie fans have never liked anyone in the division and particularly London. But isn’t that the entire league and aren’t you used to it? Don’t think many Florida fans like Alabama in football regardless of if Florida is on the down swing recently. That’s how sports go.. you win and everyone hates you. Erie fans just passionate enough to show it.. just a passionate crowd that is like that virtually every game (not just for London)
But by the way, we rounding time?? Last I checked it was 2-3 years ago.. let’s not make it like Erie has been dormant for 4 years now.

Anyways good luck the rest of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->