London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had the same experience in Kingston in the old barn. Fans swearing at the tops of their lungs with children in the area. Same dude said to me that nobody in the history of Kingston hockey has ever had a kneeing penalty :laugh:
must have moved to Guelph where none of their players have ever done anything against the rules

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Now I only saw the third period of yesterday's win in Hamilton however, say what we may the Knights have secured 4 very important points with the chance of making this a perfect weekend very real in Erie today. Hats off may not have been the prettiest but they don't give out extra points for pretty last time I checked?

Still very important we keep 1st Place and home ice so come on boys keep winnin we are behind ya!

Reactions: Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Look all teams have their loonie fans. I was at Guelph kingston game recently and kingston was getting clobbered. The fans were classless and rude. Just brutal. I think people forget these are kids for the most part.
I just thought of something:
After we traded Lucas Rowe to Flint, you were posting a lot on the Flint board, then he was traded to Kingston and you mentioned being at a game in Kingston. In between, you have expressed concern about London rookies not getting much ice time.
Any chance you know Lucas Rowe?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The German metal band, Rammstein, has a great song called "Du hast" and I think it should be the Knights new song.
The title means "you have" but when it's sung there's an emphasis on the 's' in 'hast' so it sounds like 'hasst' which means 'hate' in German. The play on words was done intentionally.
The lyrics go:
Du hasst mich! = You hate me!
Seems appropriate for our song.
Go listen to the song on youtube.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
I just thought of something:
After we traded Lucas Rowe to Flint, you were posting a lot on the Flint board, then he was traded to Kingston and you mentioned being at a game in Kingston. In between, you have expressed concern about London rookies not getting much ice time.
Any chance you know Lucas Rowe?
I do know him and most of the 2001 and 2002 players. I have worked with many of these kids over the years. He was one of my favourites along with Tomasino, Rees, Vuckojevic and Hughes. I’ve known these boys since they were about 12 or 13 and they’re all great kids. That’s why when I hear players getting torn down it’s upsetting. Most people don’t know these boys personally and I’m lucky enough to say I do and they’re all impressive.

Reactions: zman77 and nelli27

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I had a couple awful experiences once in Windsor at the old barn 25 years ago when we were leaving after the game some young punk sucker punched an old guy from the London Bus Trip group. The old couple sat near us and never had any interaction with the punk. While the punk was admiring his work I caught him with a sucker punch of my own right to the sweet spot on the point of the chin and he folded up like a Hudson's Bay blanket. The other incident occurred 7 years ago at a Knights-Rangers game when I was with my wife and three foster kids ages 4,5 and 10. My wife and them are Native Indian and some ***hole inbred sob (because we had our Knights jerseys on) told me to take my "tribe" and go back to London. The truly sad thing about this racist comment was about 10 people around this dickhead laughed. If anybody knows anything about fostering we are under the microscope so I couldn't hang beating on the ***hole because I would lose my kids. I am 6-1 230 #'s and I used to scrap a lot in my younger days and to be brutally honest God saved that ***hole that day when he whispered in my ear how proud he was of my wife and I for making a difference. I have never been back to either rink and have no plans of returning and have no use whatsoever for their fan bases if they tolerate that behaviour and how they treat other human beings. It is a game for crying out loud.

Reactions: zman77

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I do know him and most of the 2001 and 2002 players. I have worked with many of these kids over the years. He was one of my favourites along with Tomasino, Rees, Vuckojevic and Hughes. I’ve known these boys since they were about 12 or 13 and they’re all great kids. That’s why when I hear players getting torn down it’s upsetting. Most people don’t know these boys personally and I’m lucky enough to say I do and they’re all impressive.
I think Lucas's problem was Lucas. I think he felt because he was a first round pick everything should be handed to him on a platter. The games I watched in his rookie season he seemed to take shifts off before he got injured. That set the table for this year he never really showed that he was good enough and out work and out play the 3 16 year olds the Knights signed. Knights did him a favour sending him to Flint where he could get a fresh start and he didn't take the ball and run with that either and they sent him to Kingston. He has talent but he needs to apply it. The Knights traded some kids to get them more ice time like Duhart, Pierce, Popov and Perrott and they have accepted their roles and are playing well with their new teams.

Reactions: zman77 and hockjock

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
must have moved to Guelph where none of their players have ever done anything against the rules

PP31 I get it- the refs blew the call, the league blew the call, you saw it with your own eyes so you're right and everyone else is wrong. But the game was almost a week ago- let it go.
I've been a STH for over 20 years in Guelph- Storm have gotten away with dirty hits, cheap shots, dives, you name it. But so has every other team in the league (yes even London).
I "saw with my own eyes" Formenton clip Stevenson's skate and put him into the boards, ending his season. Was a penalty called? No. Was he suspended? No. So others saw it different and I'm OK with that.
Why the comment Guelph players have never broken the rules? Because the league gave a 4 game suspension to London? Or because the league didn't give a suspension to Guelph?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
PP31 I get it- the refs blew the call, the league blew the call, you saw it with your own eyes so you're right and everyone else is wrong. But the game was almost a week ago- let it go.
I've been a STH for over 20 years in Guelph- Storm have gotten away with dirty hits, cheap shots, dives, you name it. But so has every other team in the league (yes even London).
I "saw with my own eyes" Formenton clip Stevenson's skate and put him into the boards, ending his season. Was a penalty called? No. Was he suspended? No. So others saw it different and I'm OK with that.
Why the comment Guelph players have never broken the rules? Because the league gave a 4 game suspension to London? Or because the league didn't give a suspension to Guelph?

Talk about letting it go......

Hahaha...if my comment ruffled your knickers...then I guess it found it's intended target. It wasn't directly in reference to anything you mentioned

Otto knows what my comment meant as do a few other Knights fans. After all..this IS the Knights fan thread. I'm not obligated to explain it to a visiting fan

Last edited:

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
The German metal band, Rammstein, has a great song called "Du hast" and I think it should be the Knights new song.
The title means "you have" but when it's sung there's an emphasis on the 's' in 'hast' so it sounds like 'hasst' which means 'hate' in German. The play on words was done intentionally.
The lyrics go:
Du hasst mich! = You hate me!
Seems appropriate for our song.
Go listen to the song on youtube.

THATS AN AWESOME SONG!!!!!!!! Its the walk on song for Byron Reichstein of the London Majors for anyone who follows them . ;)

Reactions: zman77 and nelli27

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region

Why on earth should the ref call a penalty when player skates collided with each other, one was strong enough stay on his skates whilst the other wasn't and got himself hurt. There were no sodden skate movement, no foot drag and no kicking motion just two opposite player skates accidently touching, that's all it was.

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
We should expect Erie starting this game with some intensity by the way they came back scoring goals in their last meeting. That's a message the Knights should know what to expect and be ready for, if they play a sound defense like they did in Hamilton they should be coming out winner of this game.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Alright Zman I'm calling out Alex with the intention of having him play his game and make those around him better players. Without Formenton playing up to snuff London will have a short playoff experience in 2019. We need you # 80 step it up and NOW would be a great time to start. Erie at home battling for an 8 seed they will not roll over we have to earn it!!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Alright Zman I'm calling out Alex with the intention of having him play his game and make those around him better players. Without Formenton playing up to snuff London will have a short playoff experience in 2019. We need you # 80 step it up and NOW would be a great time to start. Erie at home battling for an 8 seed they will not roll over we have to earn it!!

Good one Buttsy.
He has high end skill along with a nasty edge.
Alex is one player who's always one to notice when he's on the ice.
Watch for the unnecessary blind side hits and extra stuff after the whistle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->