London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The "outward outward" was always referred to as a "Tomahawk" or "Mohawk" stride when I coached, guess that's not politically correct anymore

Its amazing what online trainings, educationals, titorials we have to go thru now.
I get it to a point but wow are the lanes ever tight for what the expectations are now. So much has changed in even the last 4 years.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Ok, let me interject to say that we end this particular discussion on the Knights board, and if posters would like to continue on the topic, someone can start a new thread.
-MOD
Sorry I thought I would start a midweek discussion ...I guess it got out of hand

Reactions: nelli27

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights' Riley Coome finds patience for playing time pays off

Ryan Pyette
Updated: January 15, 2019

There wasn’t a lot of room in the lineup for the big local product at the start of the season. He didn’t play a regular-season game until mid-October and then sat out from early November until right before the holiday break.
“We had some younger guys we drafted high that we wanted to give a shot,” London assistant coach Rick Steadman said. “We were very honest with him. We said this is where you fit in and he told us, ‘OK, all right, sounds good.’ ”
That was all the 19-year-old needed to hear. In the past two weeks, the Knights moved out Jacob Golden, Andrew Perrott and Matthew Timms, opening up a spot for Coome.
“You just keep plugging away,” he said. “You never know if trades are going to happen. I just kept working and stuck with it. It definitely feels good. It’s fun to get back in the lineup and help the boys. You feel part of the team and it’s been fun the whole time.”
“I don’t think he realized how big and strong he was,” Steadman said. “He could push guys over and he’s figuring out what he can do.
“He never griped or complained. He just kept trying to get better — and sometimes, when you do that, things work out. We trust him on the (OHL’s leading) penalty kill. We trust him at the end of games.
“He’s getting a great opportunity.”
https://lfpress.com/sports/hockey/j...oome-finds-patience-for-playing-time-pays-off

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I believe the Knights will or should be looking at defensemen since they traded away some of their future this year (Perrott/Bangs) and will possibly be losing three or four more to graduation

There is a defenseman at #18 by the name of Luke Hughes younger brother of Quinn and Jack could be of some interest if the Knights can convince him of the OHL route, he was ranked at #5 earlier in the fall.

Here is a OHL top 160 list for January 2019;

2019 OHL Draft Ranking: January’s Top-160

Reactions: KnightsWatch

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I believe the Knights will or should be looking at defensemen since they traded away some of their future this year (Perrott/Bangs) and will possibly be losing three or four more to graduation

There is a defenseman at #18 by the name of Luke Hughes younger brother of Quinn and Jack could be of some interest if the Knights can convince him of the OHL route, he was ranked at #5 earlier in the fall.

Here is a OHL top 160 list for January 2019;

2019 OHL Draft Ranking: January’s Top-160

I wouldnt waste a pick on Hughes he will never report so no point

Reactions: STS and Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
I hope the Knights are going to "pursue" Sasha Pastujov. He's committed to Notre Dame U and has two brothers currently playing NCAA hockey. But the Hunters are known to be rather persuasive. Maybe Pastujov can be our "Stranges" of 2019.
Admittedly, a little hard to think of next season when I'm enjoying the current one...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I hope the Knights are going to "pursue" Sasha Pastujov. He's committed to Notre Dame U and has two brothers currently playing NCAA hockey. But the Hunters are known to be rather persuasive. Maybe Pastujov can be our "Stranges" of 2019.
Admittedly, a little hard to think of next season when I'm enjoying the current one...

I kind of hope they go for a defenseman but they are also known to go after the best available player at their time to pick. They are also in need of RW and Sasha Pastujov is one

Reactions: KnightsWatch

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I kind of hope they go for a defenseman but they are also known to go after the best available player at their time to pick. They are also in need of RW and Sasha Pastujov is one
Why not both Pastujov in the 1st and a flier on Hughes in the 2nd ....if anyone can convince Hughes to come to play in the O its London

Reactions: Fastpace

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Why not both Pastujov in the 1st and a flier on Hughes in the 2nd ....if anyone can convince Hughes to come to play in the O its London

Hmmm. Take 2 guys who’s 2 older brothers already play NCAA in the first 2 rounds?
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. No thanks.
Maybe a flyer on Hughes later on, but he’s not likely coming to the O.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm. Take 2 guys who’s 2 older brothers already play NCAA in the first 2 rounds?
Sounds like a recipe for disaster. No thanks.
Maybe a flyer on Hughes later on, but he’s not likely coming to the O.
What if his brothers make the NHL next season(Hughes)? I am confident the Knights will do their homework

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

I can’t see why they couldn’t go for both, they have been successful at bringing young talents in the past

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad