London Knights - 2007 & 2008 Draft - Justin Taylor and Phil McCrae

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Just wondering if anyone thinks Justin Taylor will get drafted this year? I think he played very well in the playoffs and could be a late round draft pick (5th-7th round). He had 18 pts in 31 regular season games, 10 pts in 16 playoff games and will likely be the #2 or even #1 centre of the Knights for the next 2 years he'll get lots of ice time and put up some impressive numbers with Gagner and possibly Kane still on the Knights.

And Phil Mcrae didn't put up a lot of points but has a lot of raw skill and ability, if he has a breakout season with the Knights I think he could be a 1st round pick in next years draft. If has just an ok year I still think he'd be worth a gamble in the later rounds.

Terry Fisher

Dec 22, 2004
I think Taylor would be a great gamble this June. He skates real well, mucks it up and scores big goals. He'll get lots of ice time next year. This kind of reminds me how the Jackets were able to get Mason so late last year because he didn't play much his draft year behind Dennis. Taylor could break out huge next year.

McRae is not going to get out of the 1st round next year, no matter how he plays. Great size, tremendous reach and will also see a lot more ice time. In fact, of he, Kane and Gagner, I think he'll prove to be the better pro over the long haul because of his size and ability to play through traffic. Hunter will have this kid ready to be a top 10 pick next summer.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I think Taylor would be a great gamble this June. He skates real well, mucks it up and scores big goals. He'll get lots of ice time next year. This kind of reminds me how the Jackets were able to get Mason so late last year because he didn't play much his draft year behind Dennis. Taylor could break out huge next year.

McRae is not going to get out of the 1st round next year, no matter how he plays. Great size, tremendous reach and will also see a lot more ice time. In fact, of he, Kane and Gagner, I think he'll prove to be the better pro over the long haul because of his size and ability to play through traffic. Hunter will have this kid ready to be a top 10 pick next summer.

I agree with you on Taylor but not sold that Mcrae is a sure fire top 15 next year. He has the tools and ability and will be playing with other high end prospects, if all goes well I agree with you but i'm not 100% sure yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->