Confirmed with Link: Lombardi to Phoenix for conditional pick 4th rnd pick

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Leafs trade Lombardi to Phx for a conditional pick. Toronto also retains some salary in deal.

Darren DregerVerified ‏@DarrenDreger
Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.

Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi. A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.

Per John Shannon, Lombardi will carry a cap hit of $2 million, while Toronto will be on the hook for $1.5 million of his cap hit.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413721

Last edited:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
lombardi is back

Conditional pick and Leafs retain some salary

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Darren DregerVerified ‏@DarrenDreger

Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.

DouX

Keeping Arizona Icy
Mar 5, 2008
Scottsdale
I like it. Lombardi was fun to watch with us and hopefully Tippett can get him playing the way he was a few years ago. Good move by Maloney.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi. A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I like how we basically anticipated this trade back in May. :)

If Lombardi can get back into the swing of things and stays healthy, Korpi - Lombardi - Moss should be a pretty darn good 3rd line, Korpi and Lombo with speed to burn and Moss providing the size.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm trying to find out if Moss played with Lombardi in Calgary. Could be some extra chemistry in there.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Haha. Love this trade. Loved him while he was here a few seasons back. And if he doesnt work out, it's not like we paid an arm and a leg for him. Solid trade.

Welcome back Lombo!

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Lombardi - Moss
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura

Even with no Wizard, this is probably our best forward line-up in a while.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
MOUSER!!! HELP!!!

How does this salary thing work? He was due 3.5m this season. Is the .5m signing bonus part of that? Is the salary prorated based on the percentage of games actually set to be played this season (48/82 or 58.5%)? Is the signing bonus subject to the prorating? Let's say, for example, Toronto was NOT paying any of the salary beyond the signing bonus (we know this is not true, but just for clarity's sake), how much do we actually need to pay this player for this season, in real dollars?

rt

May 13, 2004
Boedker - Vermette - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Lombardi - Moss
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura

Even with no Wizard, this is probably our best forward line-up in a while.

Chipchura is a LW and I expect Johnson to get a long look in that 4th line RW spot. We will probably just carry 14 Fs because injury is such a foregone conclusion in this shortened season, and because we seem addicted to Paul Bissonnette for some unknown reason.

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
I really like this deal. Low risk, potential high reward.

Interesting to see what happens with Johnson, Klinkhammer, and Biz now. Especially if we are keeping up 8 defensemen.

I like the lines posted.

Boedker/Vermette/Doan
Sullivan/Hanzal/Vrbata
Korpi/Lombardi/Moss
Torres/Gordon/Chip

the best part is that we addressed the issue without giving up any talent on the blue line.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Solid trade, gives Lombardi a chance to recover the form he once showed here and if it doesn't work out nothing of real value was lost. I'm really liking how this team is shaping up, as long as no one regresses dramatically and Boeds/OEL continue to progress, I see no reason why the Yotes can't make the playoffs again and once you're in, anything can happen!

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
This is seriously the best forward group since Tkachuk and Roenick both played for the Coyotes.

Although, a prime Tkachuk would be pretty awesome to have. :)

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
MOUSER!!! HELP!!!

How does this salary thing work? He was due 3.5m this season. Is the .5m signing bonus part of that? Is the salary prorated based on the percentage of games actually set to be played this season (48/82 or 58.5%)? Is the signing bonus subject to the prorating? Let's say, for example, Toronto was NOT paying any of the salary beyond the signing bonus (we know this is not true, but just for clarity's sake), how much do we actually need to pay this player for this season, in real dollars?

According to capgeek, his signing bonus is $1mil and is included in the $3.5 mil. In one article it said that the Leafs will pay all of the $1 mil bonus (signing bonuses are not prorated), which leaves $2.5 mil actual salary (which would be prorated). And the Leafs will pick up part of his salary. At least that is what I am understanding...

rt

May 13, 2004
According to capgeek, his signing bonus is $1mil and is included in the $3.5 mil. In one article it said that the Leafs will pay all of the $1 mil bonus (signing bonuses are not prorated), which leaves $2.5 mil actual salary (which would be prorated). And the Leafs will pick up part of his salary. At least that is what I am understanding...

Obi-Wan Maloney

"These are not the droids you are looking for..."

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
the best part is that we addressed the issue without giving up any talent on the blue line.

This! Everyone knows our D depth, and the fact that GMDM can still improve our lineup without expending them is AMAZING!!!

Not to say he might not do it anyways, there is probably a bigger offensive talent out there that GMDM wants, and is willing to get rid of some of our D depth, but he is still being standard GMDM.

Zitter63

Oct 5, 2011
So would one think that the idea of getting ROR is no longer floating around? Although i was on the side of not trading gormley, I would love to add him for runblad and whatever pick.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

Just got off the phone with Lombardi. He's still in Toronto but expects to arrive in the Valley within the next few days.

Lombardi is excited to return to the #Coyotes. Acknowleges Maple Leafs wasn't perhaps the best fit. Feels healthy and ready to go.

Couple quick comments from Lombardi: "I’m super excited. I never wanted to leave in the first place."

More Lombardi: "I feel as good as I’ve felt in a long time. Physically, I’m in great shape."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad