Injury Report: Lombardi Injury Update

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
We need Gilbert Brule back and Raffi Torres unsuspended.
I totally agree with this. Brule and Chip were an awesome duo in the playoffs and Tores would only add to that. I would not mind us trading for an a higher quality center to go with it and Klinkhammer or Buldoc should be in the line up with Biz out. Buldoc isn't getting a fair shake if we don't give him any minutes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
So that is that. I guess he's still good insurance. God forbid we lose another center in a few weeks, we've got one potentially coming back in Lombardi. That said, we now need to acquire a center if we want to earn a playoff spot.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
So that is that. I guess he's still good insurance. God forbid we lose another center in a few weeks, we've got one potentially coming back in Lombardi. That said, we now need to acquire a center if we want to earn a playoff spot.

I know it's early on, but at what point does Maloney just say **** it, scrub this season and just bring up some guys that could use the development in this fluke of a season? I mean we're off to a horrible start, number one goalie is out for key games, our center depth went from acceptable to below average in one game, and we STILL don't have an owner to throw money at us to go out and get talent to attempt to salvage this season. How many more dollar for dollar deals can we pull off without giving up too much at the expense of injuries? How many more times are we going to dumpster dive to try and find something worth while? Let's just get Miele and Rundblad up here and hope we can actually develop something other than two or three players over the span of 10 years. Let's also hope that Maloney isn't sick of this budget crap and doesn't leave us at his contracts end. I'm so sick of this. I would punch Jerry Moyes in the ****in face if i could. I'm going to start slashing tires on every SWIFT truck i see.

**** it, roll the dice and bring up some young guns from Portland. Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't, but is that so bad in a 48 game season? One with an exceptionally deep draft at that? If we're horrible due to lack of experience, so be it. We got our prospects some key development, we won't have an asterisk next to a Stanley Cup victory had we even had a CHANCE of winning it, and we'll get a solid draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in a long time. I've never been a supporter of tanking, i think you should give 110% every chance you get, so don't get it twisted, I'm not suggesting that. Like i said, roll the dice

Last edited:

rt

May 13, 2004
^ whoa. It's five games in, man. We're fine. We should probably just call Nonis and see if he will take the same deal for Connolly. Then again, we might not be able to afford such a trade. Unless we can move Torres for a pick. I'd like to see how he adjusts to a new role, here, but I have also liked Chipchura, Bolduc, and Johnson in the games they've played in his fourth line spot for less than half of his cost.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
I know it's early on, but at what point does Maloney just say **** it, scrub this season and just bring up some guys that could use the development in this fluke of a season? I mean we're off to a horrible start, number one goalie is out for key games, our center depth went from acceptable to below average in one game, and we STILL don't have an owner to throw money at us to go out and get talent to attempt to salvage this season. How many more dollar for dollar deals can we pull off without giving up too much at the expense of injuries? How many more times are we going to dumpster dive to try and find something worth while? Let's just get Miele and Rundblad up here and hope we can actually develop something other than two or three players over the span of 10 years. Let's also hope that Maloney isn't sick of this budget crap and doesn't leave us at his contracts end. I'm so sick of this. I would punch Jerry Moyes in the ****in face if i could. I'm going to start slashing tires on every SWIFT truck i see.

**** it, roll the dice and bring up some young guns from Portland. Maybe it works out. Maybe it doesn't, but is that so bad in a 48 game season? One with an exceptionally deep draft at that? If we're horrible due to lack of experience, so be it. We got our prospects some key development, we won't have an asterisk next to a Stanley Cup victory had we even had a CHANCE of winning it, and we'll get a solid draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in a long time. I've never been a supporter of tanking, i think you should give 110% every chance you get, so don't get it twisted, I'm not suggesting that. Like i said, roll the dice

I keep hearing this rant at the start of every season. And btw, Swift hires independent truckers and under pays them, so you'll be putting extra burden on someone that already has enough problems... I have confidence in Maloney. The roster looked good at the start of the season (at least on paper). These Tippet-coached-Coyote Teams tend to be streaky. Look where this team was last year at this time. something like 12th place.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I keep hearing this rant at the start of every season. And btw, Swift hires independent truckers and under pays them, so you'll be putting extra burden on someone that already has enough problems... I have confidence in Maloney. The roster looked good at the start of the season (at least on paper). These Tippet-coached-Coyote Teams tend to be streaky. Look where this team was last year at this time. something like 12th place.

Yup all we need is a good, 7, 8 or 9 game win streak like Tip loves to do once or twice a season and we're right back in the thick of the race.

RABBIT

Oct 21, 2008
Am i the only one that's not allowed to have a rant in this place? Skip my *****ing and actually think about what i saod. Would it really be THAT bad of an odea to use our injury woes as a chance to develop some of our high end prospects? Why continue to give up assests for average players when we could have diamonds in the rough that we don't even know about?

rt

May 13, 2004
Am i the only one that's not allowed to have a rant in this place? Skip my *****ing and actually think about what i saod. Would it really be THAT bad of an odea to use our injury woes as a chance to develop some of our high end prospects? Why continue to give up assests for average players when we could have diamonds in the rough that we don't even know about?

Like Miele? I'm game. I think it is telling, though, that he hasn't been called up. They called up Johnson instead, and moved Chipchura to center. Me? I'd be happy to give Miele his shot. There must be a reason Don and Tip don't feel the same way.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Why continue to give up assests for average players when we could have diamonds in the rough that we don't even know about?

Did the Coyotes turn into the Diamondbacks?
I'm not seeing this team give up any assets for average players, really ever since GMDM. Off the top of my head I can't really think of any deals Maloney hasn't at least come out even on, and more often WAY WAY ahead.

As for developing guys, who isn't being developed at the NHL level that you think should be? I don't think there is a single forward in the organization worthy of being called up right now except MAYBE Brown.

Defensemen, well I don't see how anyone would question this organizations track record at developing D. Stone and Schlemko are up here now logging minutes. Gormley is probably not ready. Rundblad is a special case that may never work on a Tippet team.

Anyway, no ones coming down on ya were just inclined to trust Tippet and crew right now based on their track record. :cheers:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There must be a reason Don and Tip don't feel the same way.

Adding a player who isn't solid defensively right now probably isn't an option. If the Coyotes continue to drop games, it had better be. If it comes out this team is moving, Maloney should jettison every valuable piece for what they are worth and call up the kids. If nothing is done by the 31st, I fully expect them to drop that back-to-back against Dallas, and the freefall will be on.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Oh come on, Miele's ALWAYS been a long shot. I never understood the excitement when he signed. The guy would really need to show something special in order to have patience with his defensive learning curve.

The ranting about prospects not getting playing time is getting old. We make the playoffs every year and finally grow some solid NHL players like Korpikoski, Boedker, Yandle, Hanzal etc..., and yet the *****ing about nobodies like Porter, Tikhonov or Miele never stops.

We're a defense-first team. The roster was built from the goalie out. We wanted wins and playoffs, we got them. Prospects will HAVE to be defensively responsible and work their ass off in order to get playing time. It's tough, but not impossible, as illustrated by our young players.

If you're looking for high-flying offense, this is not the team for you. I'd much rather suffer through a couple ******* prospects flaming out than watching a young, offensive, losing team like the Avs.

Miele might very well by our new Bill Thomas. Big ****ing whoop.

RABBIT

Oct 21, 2008
Oh come on, Miele's ALWAYS been a long shot. I never understood the excitement when he signed. The guy would really need to show something special in order to have patience with his defensive learning curve.

The ranting about prospects not getting playing time is getting old. We make the playoffs every year and finally grow some solid NHL players like Korpikoski, Boedker, Yandle, Hanzal etc..., and yet the *****ing about nobodies like Porter, Tikhonov or Miele never stops.

We're a defense-first team. The roster was built from the goalie out. We wanted wins and playoffs, we got them. Prospects will HAVE to be defensively responsible and work their ass off in order to get playing time. It's tough, but not impossible, as illustrated by our young players.

If you're looking for high-flying offense, this is not the team for you. I'd much rather suffer through a couple ******* prospects flaming out than watching a young, offensive, losing team like the Avs.

Miele might very well by our new Bill Thomas. Big ****ing whoop.

I had a rant after a game where we played poorly. Probably alcohol influenced. Nevertheless it was like two weeks ago, and i wasn't complaining about our prospects not getting ice time, i was mainly *****ing about injuries and a shortened season, while throwing out ideas trying to figure out a way to light a fire under the teams ass.. I'm wayyyyy over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->