Injury Report: Lombardi Injury Update

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
So to recap through 4 games:

Mike Smith-Lower-body injury-Day to day.
Martin Hanzal-Lower-body injury-Day to day.
Rostislav Klesla-Lower-body injury-Injured Reserve
Matthew Lombardi-Upper body injury-Injured Reserve?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
K, so what other crap centers are out there?

We can't afford to not have 2 of our top 4 centers for any amount of time.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
What is Jason Arnott up to? Wonder if he is in shape. Honestly, why not Miele? In fact, Johnson and Klinkhammer should have made the team. Biz has to go. I'm not sorry for that opinion. He can't be trusted for more than 5 minutes of TOI, he has no business being on the roster. I love Chips, but he is best when he plays every other game. Klinkhammer is a team best +12, with some nice offense.

Vs Kings:

Sullivan - Vermette - Doan
Boedker - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Miele - Moss
Klinkhammer - Gordon - Johnson

Chips
Torres

Not having a trustworthy 4th line is killing this team. Late in games, the top 12 guys are gassed because they have no relief. You can't play Biz and Bolduc 5 minutes a game and expect to win with such a compressed schedule.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Between the injuries and the ****** play of D early on, it would have made more sense to have a 40 game season with 8 exibition games or just cancel the damn season at the rate things are going for us.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I seriously don't get why they don't give Miele a chance. I watched most Portland games during the lockout and he was really reliable there. Good scoring, good defensive work and effective forechecking. Really good with faceoffs(might be wrong there, just my impression though) and excellent puck control.

So yeah, put him at the second for a game and see if it works out. I mean, it can't get worse right?

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan

LaBarbera will start tomorrow for #Coyotes with Smith still day-to-day with lower-body issue. Again, Smith not pegged to be out long-term.

Hanzal and Klesla (both lower-bodies injuries) skated today, Tippett said. Hanzal is questionable for tomorrow. Klesla still on IR.

Tippett on Lombardi: "I haven’t heard anything from the doctor this afternoon, but we’re certainly not expecting him any time soon."

On Lombardi's upper-body injury, Tippett said it's not something he's had a history with.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
So to recap through 4 games:

Mike Smith-Lower-body injury-Day to day.
Martin Hanzal-Lower-body injury-Day to day.
Rostislav Klesla-Lower-body injury-Injured Reserve
Matthew Lombardi-Upper body injury-Injured Reserve?

Well Klesla is only good for 70% of the games if we're lucky and Lombardi was a gamble on his health so neither of them being out is a shock. We really needed Hanzal and Smith to be iron men this year though. Guess we are running three lines for the majority of games for a while. The really bad news is it's easier to play Bizcrappy since that line is only going to get the Tippett standard 5 minutes anyway.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
I'll just put in my vote for trading Yandle for Ryan O'Reilly if we can get him to sign. He got a minor injury and terminated his KHL contract so they could replace him before the Jan 31 deadline. Even without Yandle, our D is still deep. We need options at C. Imagine in a few weeks if we were rolling ROR, Vermette, Hanzal, Lombardi.

Big hockey fan

Oct 31, 2012
Agree.....bring back Brule to play with Chip and Torres and have a functioning 4th line that has energy and scores.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->