Post-Game Talk: lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
same here, on both accounts.

guess he's trying to pump some confidence on him.

or up his trade value.

Check out this quote.

"There's little tricks that he's learned from Lidstrom that I'm picking up as I play more and watch him more. He's very patient with the puck, and that's something that I want to bring into my game, be a little bit more poised with the puck and maybe take that extra second and make the better play, don't try to rush things."

Smith learning from Lidstrom by proxy of Kronwall. Wasn't there a few people around here saying he should have been learning from Lidstrom directly? :sarcasm:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Smith learning from Lidstrom by proxy of Kronwall. Wasn't there a few people around here saying he should have been learning from Lidstrom directly? :sarcasm:

You can learn from the best, or you can learn from the guy who learned from the guy but still is far from the best.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Nothing magical happens, but Almqvist gains 5-8 pounds while being faster. Ouellet gets faster, Ferraro gains a few pounds and strength, Mrazek gets stronger, Sheahan is a better skater, Jarnkrok gets bigger and stronger.
Quite a bit of that can happen during the season, probably happens faster if those kids are watching workout-freaks like Z and Pav every day. They can't all be on the team of course, but if Holland was serious about rebuilding on the fly he should try to speed up the development of a kid like Jarnkrok as much as possible. Perfect candidate to be mentored by Z.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'd add Backman and maybe Marchenko to your list as ready for next year - which was already a decent sized group to work in. And all of those guys who should be up next year could easily handle 5-15 games this year filling in. That's something else this roster congestion has robbed us of - the opportunity to bring guys up and give them an extended look this year to prep them for next year.

maybe Jensen too

but it's hard to say with his injury

I would say Landon Ferraro is. And no, I'm not dreaming.

agreed,Ferraro is the main reason I was so pissed about Holland giving Miller a 3 year extension

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I only wish they could have had this six game meltdown while HBO was filming.

Not that i want them to lose, but if i had to pick when it happened.

HBO has been filming as far as I know. They just aren't airing the episodes until December.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nothing magical happens, but Almqvist gains 5-8 pounds while being faster. Ouellet gets faster, Ferraro gains a few pounds and strength, Mrazek gets stronger, Sheahan is a better skater, Jarnkrok gets bigger and stronger.

Since when do hockey players have to be flawless to play in the league?

Drew miller is 10 lbs underweight and Cleary is slow as hell and they're both "everydayer's".

Mrazek needs to be stronger? So he can do curls in between periods?

This post is overstating everyone's flaws just to try and prove your original point.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ferraro dropping weight is actually part of what helped him rediscover his game when you hear him interviewed. When he went up in weight entering the pros he lost some of his speed. I think like Miller, he is going to play with a smaller weight than most think. Doesn't matter he hits like a Mack Truck at his current weight, as long as that component remains with his speed, I don't care what his weight is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad