Logo/Colors/rebranding

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Looking through a bunch of other teams uniform and logo changes over the seasons, and it becomes more and more obvious that's it's time to flush the upside down swirl and upgrade.

And upgrade...how? Just about every team named "Hurricanes" uses some variation on what a hurricane actually looks like in their logo.

Guelph_Hurricanes_Logo.jpg

Lethbridge_Hurricanes_logo.png

Kiel_Baltic_Hurricanes.png

Paisley_Hurricanes_Logo.jpg

HolyokeHurricanes.PNG

HonoHurricanes.png

HoustonHurricane.png

Wellington_Hurricanes_logo.png

There are, of course, a few outliers

Newmarket_Hurricanes.png

Budapest_Hurricanes_Logo.jpg

Dundee_Hurricanes_Logo2.png

Saarland_Hurricanes.jpg

512px-Miami_Hurricanes_logo.svg.png

Then there are a couple that seem to confuse tornadoes for hurricanes

Houston_Hurricanes_FC.png

Hurricanesrljamaica.jpg

hurricane.jpg

And then lastly we have the one team that uses storm flags alone

150px-Tulsa_Golden_Hurricane_logo.svg.png

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I dig the flag logo. I know it's not one when the hurricane warning is actually two, but penguins don't actually ice skate and everybody's cool with that one. Sharks don't actually have teal on their heads, etc

I like the current secondary logo the best. I'd maybe alter a bit, like this. T think two flags can be easily incorporated and still keep the effect that makes the secondary so appealing. I'd keep the current primary logo as the secondary logo.

40789572451_44e99e7180_o.jpg

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I like the current secondary logo the best. I'd maybe alter a bit, like this. T think two flags can be easily incorporated and still keep the effect that makes the secondary so appealing. I'd keep the current primary logo as the secondary logo.

40789572451_44e99e7180_o.jpg

I've seen that many times, and its never pulled off well. The reason we went with the single flag is because its a stronger logo than having both, regardless of 'accuracy'. I'd rather a complete overhaul than just adding the second flag.

Here are a few other ideas I like if a logo change were to be considered. Riffing on a few of these could make some pretty cool logos...

I'd say that none of the above are an improvement over the current looks, which kind of makes the idea of a rebrand pointless.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Here are a few other ideas I like if a logo change were to be considered. Riffing on a few of these could make some pretty cool logos...

Those are horrific. I pray that none of those logo designers quit their day jobs, lest they put the "starving" back in "starving artist."

As much as people pan our logo, I've yet to see a mockup I like better. It's not one of the best logos in the league or anything, but I'd give it a solid B. Looks good on the jersey and we've won a cup wearing it. I really like our current home and aways, and I'm assuming we'll get the third jerseys back next season.

Likewise here. It's a somewhat stylized hurricane in our team colors. There's not much you can do to better it. I'll take that over a few current logos in the League.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Just did a google search and... If we were looking to incorporate 2 flags instead of 1... I actually kinda like the logo and wordmark on the right with this.... If you tweaked that a little more, I could see something that would work for the franchise. And that wordmark with the flags underneath is pretty nice. Much cleaner than what we have now.

E6u1qFM.jpg

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
These discussions always make me sad because I am one of the very very very very very smaaaaaaaalll few that like our logo and colors.

My only question is why I miss the original red color, I feel like it was different at at the beginning idk. But this Hurricanes logo provides so much nostalgia for me that ditching it for something else would make me as sad as what happen Tuesday night...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->