Logan MacMillan proving he should be ranked very high for this years NHL draft

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Logan MacMillan of the Halifax Mooseheads is a force on the ice...the two way player is displaying EXCELLENT offensive abilities and is currently 2nd in QMJHL playoffs in scoring. I think if Logan falls past round 2 he is a super steal of the draft.

Spanky-X-

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
I have to agree ... I'm a Halifax season ticket holder and Logan has just come along so well ....

Early in the season he was being pegged as a top 2 round guy and I disagreed ... since then though he has went from essentially a 3rd line player to Halifax's clear-cut #1 center. He plays on the #1 PP, is a monster on the PK and is playing some great hockey at both ends.

For those wondering ... yes he plays with Voracek ... and yes their chemistry helps ... but he does a ton on his own too - including the PK where Voracek only sees the odd shift (to try and counterattack). If he keeps progressing like he has this year he is going to be special ...

I would take him late 1st, nevermind 2nd ...

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
The thing i like about MacMillan is every time i watch him he has improved. I'd take him late first early second.

But his offensive upside isnt real high.

granites

Dec 25, 2006
I agree..he has become a good all round player with good offensive skills too and the ability to play in all situations. He has quietly been one of the mooseheads best players. I have always like logan as player even in his minor hockey days in ch'town. He was 14 i think playing midget aaa and was a type of player that could play in all 3 zones and played a huge role on the team. The Island and the rest of atlantic canada is a great hockey spot where there is alot of hockey talent. We get overlooked way too much compared to other bigger hockey hot spots.

Bryzga lol*

If he gets picked in the top 30, he might be the first player from PEI to get drafted in the first round. I can't really think of any others that have gone in the first. There's Steve Ott, but I'm pretty sure he was just born here...don't think he played much on PEI.

jess_37

Jun 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I am also a mooseheads season ticket holder, and I am just thrilled to see him getting some acknowledgement! I really like him as a player...he's just that player who gives it every shift night in and night out.

I've been picked on by the other STH's around me for rooting for him, and I am just glad to see him doing better and better! He's really progressing into a solid player!

Here's hoping the Sabres can get him in the second round with 1 of their 3 picks!

turnbuckle*

Logan Mac is a 'riser' in our March issue of the Draft Digest. Here's what we wrote:

• Logan MacMillan C Halifax QMJHL - Scouts were concerned about a lack of offence from MacMillan, but those concerns have been allayed of late with some high-octane offensive performances. MacMillan has notched 17 points in his last seven games after accumulating just 38 points in his first 57 games. “His feet are a little on the the slow side but he isn’t that bad...not enough for me to worry about it. He does everything so well. His hockey sense is A+.â€
A scout who didn’t like him earlier in the season has changed his tune. “He a real character guy, competes. He's skinny but he'll gain some weight.â€

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'll throw this out there. Wonder if Phoenix looks at Voracek with their pick and look at selecting MacMillan with the Dallas pick (approximately 22nd overall). Does that seem totally out of the realm of possibilities?

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
This sucks, I've been talking Macmillan up since the pre-season, and based on the mid season listing, have been trying to talk my head scout into picking him with our mid 3rd round pick, believing he would be a steal at that spot. Now everyones going to know about him, I see him going early second round. Has there ever been a player jump from the 80's in the mid season ranking into the 30's or 40's by year end ?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I'll throw this out there. Wonder if Phoenix looks at Voracek with their pick and look at selecting MacMillan with the Dallas pick (approximately 22nd overall). Does that seem totally out of the realm of possibilities?

No I can see that...Phoenix has sent a PACK of scouts to halifax 4 times this year and had single scouts here many many other times so they got a good look at both players Voracek and MacMillan and for them to have so many scouts here all the time I think they plan something taken from here I mean Voracek gets the nod but they have noticed MacMillan for sure. Gretzky has scouted here many times including the playoffs here, that is Keith Gretzky by the way haha.

granites

Dec 25, 2006
it will be just our luck here to have macmillan go to a place like phoenix where we will never get to see him. I could def. see him goin there with voracek. I have been impressed with all the island born and raised players in the Q this year. I have made a point to try and check them out while their teams are playing the Rocket. Does anyone else see some of these Islanders moving on to the pro's next year??

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
This sucks, I've been talking Macmillan up since the pre-season, and based on the mid season listing, have been trying to talk my head scout into picking him with our mid 3rd round pick, believing he would be a steal at that spot. Now everyones going to know about him, I see him going early second round. Has there ever been a player jump from the 80's in the mid season ranking into the 30's or 40's by year end ?

Is this a joke?

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
No, I'm a maritime based scout who had him on my "steal" list all year. Seeing him in the 80's in the mid season rankings had me thinking he's so far under the radar we could wait until later in the draft to get him, but that idea's gone up in smoke. There's no way he'll be available for us to get him in the third round now.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
Logan Mac is a 'riser' in our March issue of the Draft Digest. Here's what we wrote:

• Logan MacMillan C Halifax QMJHL - Scouts were concerned about a lack of offence from MacMillan, but those concerns have been allayed of late with some high-octane offensive performances. MacMillan has notched 17 points in his last seven games after accumulating just 38 points in his first 57 games. “His feet are a little on the the slow side but he isn’t that bad...not enough for me to worry about it. He does everything so well. His hockey sense is A+.â€
A scout who didn’t like him earlier in the season has changed his tune. “He a real character guy, competes. He's skinny but he'll gain some weight.â€

Would it be safe to say he is comparable to Matt Stajan in his draft year? They sounds like similar players except Stajan seems to have been a better skater.

Voracek20

Mar 4, 2007
i can't see him going beond the 1st round. its showing in the play offs when it counts. should at least get a look at for canadas under 20

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad