Prospect Info: Logan Hutsko (2018, #89 overall), Boston College (NCAA), signed ELC 3/1/21

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was wondering why he wasn't playing. Guy has the worst injury luck. Hopefully it changes in the pros.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Now that he's signed, he can rehab with the Panthers medical staff. I'm guessing that was the incentive to sign at this point of the season.
Plus the nice signing bonus I guess.

im glad Hutsko signed: I thought Florida treated him well and I’m glad he didn’t do the Harvard thkng of picking where they play

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I was thinking about that, but then I wasn't sure if his contract is determined to start this season or 2021-22, with him being confirmed to be out for the season already. :huh:
Hmm: that’s an interesting question. It would be this season but I don’t think players can sign contracts in advanced?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hmm: that’s an interesting question. It would be this season but I don’t think players can sign contracts in advanced?
It's a very unique situation so tough to find a comparable, but from our current (ex NCAA) prospects Bednard was signed with 2 games left in the season and there was no intention to play him that ongoing season.

It could be that they'll just hold back the announcement for a couple of months.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Now that he's signed, he can rehab with the Panthers medical staff. I'm guessing that was the incentive to sign at this point of the season.

I dunno...given Panthers injury history, I'd see that as an incentive for him not to sign until he's healthy!

In seriousness though, I like him and hope he can be a good middle-6 guy for us. Glad to see a college kid stay and sign here

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I think he's too old to do more than 2 years.

Hmm: I guess he is 22? So I guess that’s it!

So technically we only have 4 years of RFA with him?
It's 7 years of service or aged 27 season no?

So we can do another 2 year bridge in 2 years and then decide if he's worth something long term.
Let's see what he can do and if he can stay healthy.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
So technically we only have 4 years of RFA with him?
It's 7 years of service or aged 27 season no?

So we can do another 2 year bridge in 2 years and then decide if he's worth something long term.
Let's see what he can do and if he can stay healthy.
Staying healthy is key. The guy is always hurt it seems!

Reactions: Thomas Colavecchio

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I know our forward depth is crazy, but does anyone think this guy could be a sleeper to get into the lineup this season? He's going to be 23 in February, not exactly young for a rookie. I just feel like he has the potential to have a Marchment type impact with the way he plays.

Bag Of Beans

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I know our forward depth is crazy, but does anyone think this guy could be a sleeper to get into the lineup this season? He's going to be 23 in February, not exactly young for a rookie. I just feel like he has the potential to have a Marchment type impact with the way he plays.

Not this season, maybe in 22-23.

Remember, he only played 11 games last season before getting hurt in his senior year at Boston College.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario

Bump. Very interested to see what he can do at main camp and in pre-season games.

Reactions: zeroG

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Thought he was one of our better more under the radar prospects. Let him get some ahl time and could be a decent 4th line fill-in in a year or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad