Player Discussion Logan Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Honestly, Brown is the key to the Sens being successful going forward. IMO, his contributions will be more important than White, Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton and even Chabot. He just needs everything to come together and continue on working hard. His toolkit is the best we've had in a C prospect since Spezza. PLEASE PAN OUT!

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Honestly, Brown is the key to the Sens being successful going forward. IMO, his contributions will be more important than White, Tkachuk, Batherson, Formenton and even Chabot. He just needs everything to come together and continue on working hard. His toolkit is the best we've had in a C prospect since Spezza. PLEASE PAN OUT!

Couldn’t agree more. I was a huge advocate for us to draft him. Give him pre season, put him in the A and if he excels you bring him up halfway into the season

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Would love to see a Tkachuk , Brown, White line ... but next year.. Hope Brown has a good camp but I can see him playing a lot in Belleville just to build stamina and strength.

I don’t think Boucher would put 3 rookies on the same line, IF he is still the coach.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Not seeing it with Brown. He does share a lot in common with Spezza - mostly the negatives. The problem is, he doesn't quite have Spezza's talent level.

I hope he can prove us wrong but I don't see the drive or willingness to engage with him. Conditioning seems like a problem.

Who knows, maybe guys like White and Tkachuk will motivate him.

Laminator

May 25, 2014
Not seeing it with Brown. He does share a lot in common with Spezza - mostly the negatives. The problem is, he doesn't quite have Spezza's talent level.

I hope he can prove us wrong but I don't see the drive or willingness to engage with him. Conditioning seems like a problem.

Who knows, maybe guys like White and Tkachuk will motivate him.

I am 100% with you, I just don't see it with him. I hope I am 100% wrong with this thought. With that being said I have to admit I haven't seen him play all that much.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I love being excited about these young talents coming up. It really gives some positivity to what has been a really weird off season to date. Add in the PD has mentioned that GB will be playing the kids, and I think it will be a fun team to watch, m even if we don't win as often as we'd like.

The Brown, White, Tkachuk connection is an awesome story, and they could be a line for us, and team mates on team USA to boot.

Formenton, Batherson, Chabot.... Jesus, lots to look forward to next season.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I love being excited about these young talents coming up. It really gives some positivity to what has been a really weird off season to date. Add in the PD has mentioned that GB will be playing the kids, and I think it will be a fun team to watch, m even if we don't win as often as we'd like.

The Brown, White, Tkachuk connection is an awesome story, and they could be a line for us, and team mates on team USA to boot.

Right now we have to look to the future and hope for some pleasant surprises.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017

Hard to be enthusiastic with EK, Duchene and Stone (likley) going into the season as UFA's.

Add in knowing that if we don't change owners he'll just run these kids out of town when it is time to pay them.

Reactions: derriko

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Hard to be enthusiastic with EK, Duchene and Stone (likley) going into the season as UFA's.

Add in knowing that if we don't change owners he'll just run these kids out of town when it is time to pay them.

For what it's worth, even Dollar Bill Wirtz, Harrold Ballard, and all the other terrible owners over the years didn't lose every UFA. We'll likely be able to keep a couple token stars :sarcasm:

Reactions: derriko and aragorn

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Dear god no, don't mention ownership in here. He will here you and rush to derail this thread, the only thread left that's even on ice hockey related.

Reactions: Anaxagoras

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Has there been any comment on brown cracking the lineup next season? I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't given our center depth. This guy is our wild card next season.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Has there been any comment on brown cracking the lineup next season? I'll be pretty disappointed if he doesn't given our center depth. This guy is our wild card next season.

Theoretically, we could have Duchene, Pageau, White, Chlapik, Brown, Pyatt, Smith and Carey all competing for the 4 center spots. Only real locks are Duchene and Pageau - the other guys could all either be on the wing or in the minors.

I doubt Brown will play the whole season with us - I'd expect something similar to what we saw with White.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad