TSN: Logan Brown the poster boy for Sens’ patient rebuild

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
His agent thinks he should get a top spot because he was drafted 11th overall? RNH is a third line centre. Yakapov is out of the NHL. Gudbranson is a bottom pairing defenceman. It is not about where you get drafted.

I am 100% okay with Brown starting the season in the AHL. He needs to play top line minutes and work on his game there to better develop for the big show. He needs to work on his face offs too. His agent should be careful he doesn't give his client a label.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
This org has a long history of rewarding no talent plugs and putting skilled players through the ringer.

The fact that Sabourin got a contract and Brown didn’t get decent linemates until the decision was already made is just further proof.

There is a better way to do things.

Reactions: NB613

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013
I suppose I will respond with:

That is not what “bragging” is.

I feel that we’ve quickly reached a place of mutual understanding and we can now move on.
You may want to post this a second time with no added context to make sure we understand your position :sarcasm:.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
So presenting counter argument and suggesting a better process is acting hysterical.

Hmmm, interesting take.

Yes. Hysterical. As evidenced by your 31 posts on the subject in the last day referencing potentially going to war, demanding a trade, dicking him around, another case of organizational incompetence, caving his value etc etc etc
All because the team handled a borderline guy differently than you (with zero years of player management experience, and zero personal knowledge of Brown) would have.
So yes, hysterical.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yes. Hysterical. As evidenced by your 31 posts on the subject in the last day referencing potentially going to war, demanding a trade, dicking him around, another case of organizational incompetence, caving his value etc etc etc
All because the team handled a borderline guy differently than you (with zero years of player management experience, and zero personal knowledge of Brown) would have.
So yes, hysterical.
Your take is hysterical...in the humorous sense.

Having an opinion and a willingness to defend it does not make an individual hysterical.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This org has a long history of rewarding no talent plugs and putting skilled players through the ringer.

The fact that Sabourin got a contract and Brown didn’t get decent linemates until the decision was already made is just further proof.

There is a better way to do things.
Sabourin got a 2 way deal. Not relevant on any level.

This organization has a long standing history of developing players properly. But you know better?... You want them to reward players without them earning it essentially.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Arguing for Brown is one thing. He needs to go down and keep working. Calling them out for handing undeserved spots to others while expecting others to dig in and earn it is legit.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Sabourin got a 2 way deal. Not relevant on any level.

This organization has a long standing history of developing players properly. But you know better?... You want them to reward players without them earning it essentially.

Crazy being in a thread where I wholeheartedly agree with all of your posts!

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Arguing for Brown is one thing. He needs to go down and keep working. Calling them out for handing undeserved spots to others while expecting others to dig in and earn it is legit.

Who was handed an undeserved spot in your opinion?

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Sens are treating Brown like the Yotes treated Strome or the Sabres treated Nylander...

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Who was handed an undeserved spot in your opinion?

White did less in the AHL to earn his spot than Brown has. He was fairly ineffective in the 25+ games he was given at the end of his first year in the AHL. I think he had 6 points and was rubber stamped into the NHL the next season after a plain training camp. To this date White hasn't really ever had a training camp any better than what we saw from Brown this year.

Chabot only played 13 games or so in the AHL and was allowed to figure it out in the NHL too.

I understand there is more to player eval than a few training camps, my point is simply that White and Chabot didn't earn their spots at camp, they were given a chance that Brown hasn't yet been given.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
White did less in the AHL to earn his spot than Brown has. He was fairly ineffective in the 25+ games he was given at the end of his first year in the AHL. I think he had 6 points and was rubber stamped into the NHL the next season after a plain training camp. To this date White hasn't really ever had a training camp any better than what we saw from Brown this year.

Chabot only played 13 games or so in the AHL and was allowed to figure it out in the NHL too.

I understand there is more to player eval than a few training camps, my point is simply that White and Chabot didn't earn their spots at camp, they were given a chance that Brown hasn't yet been given.
Chabot literally got cut went to the AHL and then got calles up.... You do know thay right. He went down and earned his call up.

White is a defensively responsible two way player that plays center and wing that is further along in his physical development and plays a different role. Incredibly different situations and players.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Chabot literally got cut went to the AHL and then got calles up.... You do know thay right. He went down and earned his call up.

White is a defensively responsible two way player that plays center and wing that is further along in his physical development and plays a different role. Incredibly different situations and players.

Yes - I am aware that Chabot got cut and a quick call up. That was my point. He didn't blow any door of the AHL (any more than Brown) or a NHL camp to get the call up. He was given the chance.

White's game is developing to become a defensively responsible player (it isn't there yet). I disagree that he is more advanced physically than Brown. Point is neither prospect "broke down any doors" or what ever analogy people are using to suggest Brown needs to accomplish before he is given a chance.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes - I am aware that Chabot got cut and a quick call up. That was my point. He didn't blow any door of the AHL (any more than Brown) or a NHL camp to get the call up. He was given the chance.

White's game is developing to become a defensively responsible player (it isn't there yet). I disagree that he is more advanced physically than Brown. Point is neither prospect "broke down any doors" or what ever analogy people are using to suggest Brown needs to accomplish before he is given a chance.
Chabots pedigree is on a completely different level than Brown and he did way more way faster at the AHL level.

Well you may dissagree that White isnt more physically advanced but he simply is he has had time to grow into his frame and body.

He is a way better two way player than Brown its not remotely close. Far more NHL ready to handle hard mathups. Again they arent comparable from a stylistic and development stand point. The team seems to agree so maybe youre wrong on this one. Or maybe you are right and the NHL team is wrong and is purposely trying to alienate the player to destroy the relationship and waste the asset. Ill go with the option that he is a big player on a longer development curve with a very high end ceiling they dont want screw up by playing him in a role he isnt ready for on a throw away season.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Chabots pedigree is on a completely different level than Brown and he did way more way faster at the AHL level.

Well you may dissagree that White isnt more physically advanced but he simply is he has had time to grow into his frame and body.

He is a way better two way player than Brown its not remotely close. Far more NHL ready to handle hard mathups. Again they arent comparable from a stylistic and development stand point. The team seems to agree so maybe youre wrong on this one. Or maybe you are right and the NHL team is wrong and is purposely trying to alienate the player to destroy the relationship and waste the asset. Ill go with the option that he is a big player on a longer development curve with a very high end ceiling they dont want screw up by playing him in a role he isnt ready for on a throw away season.

White is the better defensive player - I'm not sure he projects as a better two way player. Mann has suggested several times that Brown's D game is better than he gets credit for and I think White's offensive game is over rated. Depends on your view of a "two-way" player. IMO it gets applied to Pageau types that don't have much offence to their game.

Chabot was really good last year. Again, my point was simply that these guys were given a chance. Neither White or Chabot earned a spot in training camp or the AHL, at least in the way that Sabu earned his spot in a few games this past camp.

Teams make mistakes all the time. It appears they already recognized they were wrong on Batherson and Chaplik. But, back to my point ... I am 100% right that the Sens have not given Brown a chance. Whether he deserves it or not is debatable, but White/Chabot are precedents of a players being given the chance vs earning it (with play at camp/AHL).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
White is the better defensive player - I'm not sure he projects as a better two way player. Mann has suggested several times that Brown's D game is better than he gets credit for and I think White's offensive game is over rated. Depends on your view of a "two-way" player. IMO it gets applied to Pageau types that don't have much offence to their game.

Chabot was really good last year. Again, my point was simply that these guys were given a chance. Neither White or Chabot earned a spot in training camp or the AHL, at least in the way that Sabu earned his spot in a few games this past camp.

Teams make mistakes all the time. It appears they already recognized they were wrong on Batherson and Chaplik. But, back to my point ... I am 100% right that the Sens have not given Brown a chance. Whether he deserves it or not is debatable, but White/Chabot are precedents of a players being given the chance vs earning it (with play at camp/AHL).

Chlapik was terrific in his 6 minutes so I dont agree with that. Everyone else thinks he played well.

This post just isnt accurate. Chabot absolutely earned it. I am answering your points and arguments you arent with mine. You're just repeating the same thing over and over again. This isnt going anywhere. I think its time for both of us to move on.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Chlapik was terrific in his 6 minutes so I dont agree with that. Everyone else thinks he played well.

This post just isnt accurate. Chabot absolutely earned it. I am answering your points and arguments you arent with mine. You're just repeating the same thing over and over again. This isnt going anywhere. I think its time for both of us to move on.

Where did Chabot earn it ? He was cut form camp and 12 G later called back with decent play in the AHL. Brown has also played well in the AHL. My point is Brown has accomplished at least the same as what White/Chabot did to earn their chance. I don't think Chaplik was "terrific". Yes, I keep repeating the same thing.. because that is my point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Where did Chabot earn it ? He was cut form camp and 12 G later called back with decent play in the AHL. Brown has also played well in the AHL. My point is Brown has accomplished at least the same as what White/Chabot did to earn their chance. I don't think Chaplik was "terrific". Yes, I keep repeating the same thing.. because that is my point.
Ive explained why with both players already, just read my responses. They are right there in this thread. It took Brown a long time to get going. If you dont believe me look at his stat line.

In 5:35 of ice time Chlapik played pretty damn well. Have you ever played that little in a hockey game? Its almost impossible to be effective. Ive been on a 4th line or 2 in my life its so hard. You're cold, you have no rhythm and his linemates werent exactly the best. He showed more than Ennis or Anisimov have in a 15th of the opportunity.

But hey your opinion again which seems to be different than the majority

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Ive explained why with both players already, just read my responses. They are right there in this thread. It took Brown a long time to get going. If you dont believe me look at his stat line.

In 5:35 of ice time Chlapik played pretty damn well. Have you ever played that little in a hockey game? Its almost impossible to be effective. Ive been on a 4th line or 2 in my life its so hard. You're cold, you have no rhythm and his linemates werent exactly the best. He showed more than Ennis or Anisimov have in a 15th of the opportunity.

But hey your opinion again which seems to be different than the majority

Have a good day. You are not connecting with my point.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Perhaps however saying random posters on HF forum know best is an even worse argument
Is anybody appealing to the authority of random HF posters on the basis of nothing more than their status as an HF poster?

I've yet to see somebody claim an opinion is more valid because someone on HF holds it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad