Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Pierre says the plan is to let him get stronger and quicker for next year.
Says his pace was fine vs the leaves.

I don’t think Pierre sees Logan as a real part of the org long term. When he spoke of Stu being a winger, he mentioned all the centres we have: Norris, Pinto, White, Greig, Kastelic and then at the end added we also have Logan Brown. You know you’ve fallen out of favour when Kastelic is a higher thought than you (no offense).

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Before Brown was sent down, he was a different animal with his intensity and drive. Best I have ever seen him. He finally got the message.

That pass to Anisimov and a few others on the PP were huge indications of his skill. He can still have a Ryan Johansen type impact on this offense and breakout next year for us. He's just 23.

To put it in perspective, Nick Paul was productive player for us during his 24/25 year old season. Hoffman when he was 24/25.

Next year will be Brown's 23/24 year old campaign. He can still revitalize his career and we need a big playmaking C. Give him another shot or trade him mid way through the season if he cant click it.

If he didnt show such improvement in his drive and play, I woulda agreed to cut ties immediately, but I see serious progress.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Looking much better in tonight’s Bsens game. First period so far

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If Brown stays and pulls it together even under the best scenario people better be ready for some head bashing frustration with his play on many nights. You thought the fan polarization that Spezza's style caused was bad...

If he makes it he will without question be one of the bigger whipping boys in franchise history and as a fan it will be a very nauseating to experience. Not saying that isn't worth it but it's definitely a 'be careful what you wish for' scenario for those advocating so strongly in his favour.

Yep.

I don't think he's ever going to bring a high pace or intensity to the game. That essentially rules him out as a legit 1C.

I wonder if he could fit as a 3C that slows the pace and plays analytical, who can also fill in on the second powerplay unit. I don't want to lose his skill, but it would be hard for him in the top 6 without that hustle.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Yep.

I don't think he's ever going to bring a high pace or intensity to the game. That essentially rules him out as a legit 1C.

I wonder if he could fit as a 3C that slows the pace and plays analytical, who can also fill in on the second powerplay unit. I don't want to lose his skill, but it would be hard for him in the top 6 without that hustle.
But can he be a low intensity yet solid 2C PP weapon? That's all we're asking man, don't cost us more goals than you create. You don't need to wow me everytime you're on the ice, just don't make me facepalm more than you wow me.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
But can he be a low intensity yet solid 2C PP weapon? That's all we're asking man, don't cost us more goals than you create. You don't need to wow me everytime you're on the ice, just don't make me facepalm more than you wow me.

I think he can. He has the vision and hands to set up anywhere on the PP and make plays.

He just needs to be paired with wingers who are strong positional players who know when and how to get open so he has good passing options. I'm almost thinking of a pair of less-than-speedy vets on the wing. A cagey, savvy line. Perhaps Dadonov and Paul? That way, you can boost Pinto to 2C (if he's ready) and have White in 4C and ditch Tierny.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
7362.jpg

1st Star
Logan Brown (#21)
Belleville Senators
G: 1 | A: 1

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think Pierre sees Logan as a real part of the org long term. When he spoke of Stu being a winger, he mentioned all the centres we have: Norris, Pinto, White, Greig, Kastelic and then at the end added we also have Logan Brown. You know you’ve fallen out of favour when Kastelic is a higher thought than you (no offense).
The org does not have kastelic high than brown.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
This is how Logan brown looked all last year. Every player is different. Not everyone responds to the classic go down and play with crap then come up and play yourself off the fourth line.

playing this way for a full season and then coming up and playing well with tkatchuk and duclair and the pp and then getting buried on the fourth line because….. no one really knows and then sent down again when we essentially had no centers going in the NHL may have been demoralizing. And then possibly not having the camp he wanted, or maybe even getting sent down over a hit on Chabot* (when the team and fans are always telling him to be more physical) (*speculation) i mean Thats demoralizing too.

I know this team hates the idea of gifting young players spots (they essentially did gift them spots this year) but long term it may be better to back Logan publicly and on the ice in lost years so he the player you want him to be in the years that matter.

Reactions: SensHulk

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
The org does not have kastelic high than brown.

That’s not really what I’m saying, more so that when listing centres that are valuable to the org, Logan Brown seems to be an afterthought - I just don’t think Dorion sees him as a long-term piece based on many factors.

Glad he had a good game tonight and hope he can put it all together.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That’s not really what I’m saying, more so that when listing centres that are valuable to the org, Logan Brown seems to be an afterthought - I just don’t think Dorion sees him as a long-term piece based on many factors.

Glad he had a good game tonight and hope he can put it all together.
If I had to guess. It’s likely PD doesn’t want to destroy his value. It’s true he may not fit in now. He may have asked for a trade.
Either way a trade wouldn’t be surprising.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Between Anisimov in the last Sens game and Belleville's game today, Logan Brown setup at least 5 different players with wide open nets. There isn't a single asset in the organization that has the kind of vision he has. Elite, elite, elite hands & hockey sense.

Important to note that he's not close to the peak level displayed last season (at times better than Norris & Batherson). He actually looks hurt or seems to be nursing an injury. He's somewhat avoiding contact and not taking all the faceoffs on his line. Still, on skill alone, he's able to completely dominate.

Terrible mistake if Dorion lets him go. In fact, Pierre's only job this offseason should be to find ways to trim the self-inflicted 25M of dead weight saddled on the roster (aka: Colin White, Chris Tierney, Evgeni Dadonov, Nikita Zaitsev (no, he's not elite), Matt Murray).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It seems obvious that they should let him train and come in healthy and give him a real shot next year...so they probably won't.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
AHL is AHL. Brown is going to have to display the necessary effort and drive to earn his NHL time. Simple as that.

He already has the skill, he has to work on soul searching. Maybe he has skill to make it on a different team, but he isn’t going to make this team unless his middle name becomes ‘bust ass’.

And I am totally cool with that. Fancy player, but I’ll take the other brown every day.

Reactions: Emrasie

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So do we like Logan again after his game in the A last night? I can’t keep up.

call
Me
When
He’s
NHL
Ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad