TV: Lodge 49 (AMC)

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I'm watching it and like it because it's pretty different from most shows.

Watched an episode with someone who's never seen it and she was like "what the heck is this!?".

There's three levels of viewing this show. One, just a casual viewer without digging too deep. Two, a more involved viewer who THINKS they know what's going on. Three, you're all in and picking up on the symbolism and subtle references, some of which takes a rewatch to catch.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've watched it since it first came out, I don't know what to make of it, I kind of like it but I don't know wtf is going on. I like that it's different and it's got a good cast especially with the one offs or small parts so far. Cheech Marin, Paul Giamatti (he's one of the producers), Bruce Campbell, Bronson Pinchot, Kenneth Welsh (Twin Peaks), Bill Murray's older brother.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
just watched the latest episode, f*** me that was great. One more episode left in the season, damn what a show. Paul Giamatti has been a great add, his character is f***ing nuts.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
just watched the latest episode, **** me that was great. One more episode left in the season, damn what a show. Paul Giamatti has been a great add, his character is ****ing nuts.
I burst out laughing at the plane scene. :laugh:

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
f*** me that was some crazy shit in the season finale. Man what an outstanding show, it's been a real trip watching this as I didn't even know what to make of it but just felt I had to keep watching. It has some things that remind me of two of my favorite shows, Twin Peaks and Lost, it's clearly not those kind of shows but just things remind me of those shows. It's kind of all over the place but really brings it all together so well as season 2 was f***ing great and got better with each episode at the end.

Sounds like season 3 is a go but haven't seen it yet officially posted yet. I heard AMC is going to be starting a streaming site, which why not since everyone else seems to be, so perhaps they will get a few seasons out of this if not on tv then the streaming site. Here's an article but has spoilers if you aren't caught up,

"Lodge 49" Season 3 will be Earth themed, in line with alchemical elements, the show's creator Jim Gavin says

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
**** me that was some crazy **** in the season finale. Man what an outstanding show, it's been a real trip watching this as I didn't even know what to make of it but just felt I had to keep watching. It has some things that remind me of two of my favorite shows, Twin Peaks and Lost, it's clearly not those kind of shows but just things remind me of those shows. It's kind of all over the place but really brings it all together so well as season 2 was ****ing great and got better with each episode at the end.

Sounds like season 3 is a go but haven't seen it yet officially posted yet. I heard AMC is going to be starting a streaming site, which why not since everyone else seems to be, so perhaps they will get a few seasons out of this if not on tv then the streaming site. Here's an article but has spoilers if you aren't caught up,

"Lodge 49" Season 3 will be Earth themed, in line with alchemical elements, the show's creator Jim Gavin says
Season finale might have topped the episode before, which I thought was amazing. All of season 2 was pretty damn good really.

Reactions: montreal

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
AMC has dropped the show.

from deadline.com:

AMC has opted not to renew its acclaimed series Lodge 49 for a third season. The news comes two weeks after the series’ second season ended its run on the network. I hear Lodge 49, from creator Jim Gavin, showrunner Peter Ocko and executive producer Paul Giamatti, will be shopped to other outlets shortly.

“We are so proud to have had Lodge 49 on our air,” AMC said in a statement to Deadline. “This wonderful show gave audiences fresh and unforgettable characters in a world that did not exist anywhere else on television. Thanks to the stellar cast including Wyatt Russell, Sonya Cassidy and Brent Jennings and to our partners in this unique labor of love, Jim Gavin, Peter Ocko and Paul Giamatti for two remarkable seasons that initiated the world into The Ancient and Benevolent Order of the Lynx.”

Lodge 49 has been a modest linear ratings performer; its second season averaged 132,000 viewers in 18-49 and 428,000 total viewers in Live+3, down about 40% from Season 1.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
AMC has dropped the show.

from deadline.com:

AMC has opted not to renew its acclaimed series Lodge 49 for a third season. The news comes two weeks after the series’ second season ended its run on the network. I hear Lodge 49, from creator Jim Gavin, showrunner Peter Ocko and executive producer Paul Giamatti, will be shopped to other outlets shortly.

“We are so proud to have had Lodge 49 on our air,” AMC said in a statement to Deadline. “This wonderful show gave audiences fresh and unforgettable characters in a world that did not exist anywhere else on television. Thanks to the stellar cast including Wyatt Russell, Sonya Cassidy and Brent Jennings and to our partners in this unique labor of love, Jim Gavin, Peter Ocko and Paul Giamatti for two remarkable seasons that initiated the world into The Ancient and Benevolent Order of the Lynx.”

Lodge 49 has been a modest linear ratings performer; its second season averaged 132,000 viewers in 18-49 and 428,000 total viewers in Live+3, down about 40% from Season 1.
Hopefully someone better picks it up. AMC is crap these days anyways.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
that's surprising as it was so well done and with AMC coming out with a streaming service I thought for sure it would be picked up. That really sucks now with the way they ended season 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->