Lockout to end soon (False Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
ChiHawks468 said:
Look, this whole discussion is pointless. You still haven't proven he is a fraud. Wrong more often than not, yes, but a fraud, no (or at least not yet).
I think its been sufficiently proven. Go back and read the other threads on him (and above). What more proof do you want?

Better yet, prove he has merit. Instead of repeatadly asking people to show why he is a fraud, show some reasons why he should be taken seriously.

kenabnrmal said:
Really, the thread isn't about whether or not you believe the guy. Its about whether or not a thread discussing the possibilities he brings up should be locked.
I guess because other threads like this have been locked, so its kind of a double standard to leave it up. Another thread had the NHL/PA crew in a resaurant till 3am working on a deal a few days ago, and that thread was locked due to being unsubstaniated.

Ironically enough, if the threads regarding this didnt receive so much attention, they probably would be locked due to being bs. But since it harbours so much discussion, I guess it stays. Doesnt bother me though.

I'd rather see the threads being locked (or merged) that have people's idea of a new CBA, or why a cap will or wont work. I havent seen any new ideas posted here in 6 months. But thats just me.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
i guess everyone can get off eklunds back now-it appears the boy has thrown in the towel on being optimistic going by the lastest chapter on his blog. he has seen the light i think, maybe stevie y's quotes today sent him over the edge- oh well we are one day closer to spring training!

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
Cawz said:
I think its been sufficiently proven. Go back and read the other threads on him (and above). What more proof do you want?

Better yet, prove he has merit. Instead of repeatadly asking people to show why he is a fraud, show some reasons why he should be taken seriously.

I have never made an argument that he has merit. I feel the same as porbably most do that he does not have accurate information. No one has proven that he is in fact not who he says he is and what does it matter anyway. Those who want to hear what he has to say can and those who don't can move on to something else. I just think it is funny how some peolple get so up in arms about this guy, he must laugh himself to sleep every night.

Liquidrage*

ChiHawks468 said:
I have never made an argument that he has merit. I feel the same as porbably most do that he does not have accurate information. No one has proven that he is in fact not who he says he is and what does it matter anyway. Those who want to hear what he has to say can and those who don't can move on to something else. I just think it is funny how some peolple get so up in arms about this guy, he must laugh himself to sleep every night.

Who is "up in arms"? You? If you were to say I was then surely but that same standard you are up in arms wondering why I am.

I'm just posting about it. I don't have a Eklund-protest scheduled. Nor is my wife currently asking me why I'm so upset. Frankly, because I'm not.

Please don't confuse having an opinion on the matter and disucssing it with "up in arms".

As far as proven, apparently, it would be impossible to prove anything to you.

Earlier you wrote:
Wrong more often than not, yes, but a fraud, no

Yet that is not accurate, nor what I have said in this thread. He has been wrong EVERY time for YEARS. He is not new to me. He has been spamming the main unofficial Flyers board for years. His blog is relatively new. He is not. Every opportunity has been given to him to prove something. Anything. You think we wouldn't want our own little Flyers insider? We have a few and we relish them. From board officials willing to sign NDA's (other *insiders* have privately disclosed pieces to the board officials there), to just even proving he is where he says he is. He hasn't pased a single test.

What would you take for proof of this anonymous poster? From where I sit, apparently nothing realistic would prove this to you. And I don't really care to prove anything to you. I think to anyone with common sense him being a fraud has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt and I don't care to waste anymore time convincing those that are left.

So tell me again how I'm up in arms and haven't proven anything because at this point I don't care. I do, as someone else mentioned, have an opinion that the double standard allowing his anonymous rumors to be discussed is not good. Instead of people discussing what is real, people are off discussing his complete bunk. Next year there's real hockey and the trade deadline comes approaching remember the opinion on unsubstantiated rumors you have now. Because in a nutshell discussing Eklund rumors is 100% no different then discussing posts made by a brand new poster at the penaltybox.com who claims to be an insider but no one knows. Only difference is I and every other person at Flyersphans knows this one and we know he has already long since proven himself to be full of crap.

kenabnrmal

Feb 28, 2002
the beach or rink
Visit site
Cawz said:
I guess because other threads like this have been locked, so its kind of a double standard to leave it up. Another thread had the NHL/PA crew in a resaurant till 3am working on a deal a few days ago, and that thread was locked due to being unsubstaniated.

Ironically enough, if the threads regarding this didnt receive so much attention, they probably would be locked due to being bs. But since it harbours so much discussion, I guess it stays. Doesnt bother me though.

I'd rather see the threads being locked (or merged) that have people's idea of a new CBA, or why a cap will or wont work. I havent seen any new ideas posted here in 6 months. But thats just me.

Thats fair enough. I mean, if you ask me I think far too much on this site is locked. And the number of locked threads have lead people to plead that anything they don't agree with or can't understand be locked as well. I'm not point the finger at you or liquid on this one, but just an observation of the boards as a whole. I don't enjoy seeing most threads locked, so I don't like seeing Eklund's locked. Real or not, there is still room for discussion, and thats all I've been pushing.

Liquid, you clearly have more experience with this guy than I do, so I'm quite inclined to believe you. I've always thought his rumors were a little unlikely, but as I said, I was more than fine with seeing them discussed because he at least presented the possibility that more was going on than was being reported on TSN and Sportsnet. For that reason alone I found him to be discussion worthy. If he's been proven to be full of crap in years past before the blog, then by all means, he's likely full of crap here too.

I still don't get why you're so furious with me for questioning you on it. Refusing to reply to me, tossing "damn" around... I really don't get it where or how this conversation got out of hand. If you took any of what I said to be inflamatory, then I apologize. Simply trying to play devils advocate a bit.

I know at this point of time tempers are running high as it is. No hard feelings I hope.

Muleskinner

Jan 26, 2005
Marching to the sea
Maybe Liquid has been taken for a ride by EKLUND'S rumour's in the past on the Flyer's site? Would make since for his loathing of the guy's attention he has had here.

But I beleive what he say's to be true of the guy. I just wish I had read his history of the guy on the flyers site before. I mean, I always knew the guy was probably full of crap but I did want to hope the guy was somehow a legit fellow since his writings were alot more hopefull than the ones you read elsewhere these past two weeks.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up liquid. Being a newbie here myself I was a bit slow to come to the light about this guy.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
ithink locking eklund threads because a few guys cant stand him is censorship - and thats reason enough to not lock it. you guys are getting to be like the eklund nazi's - patrolling the board ready to pounce. let people make their own minds up.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
bleedgreen said:
ithink locking eklund threads because a few guys cant stand him is censorship - and thats reason enough to not lock it. you guys are getting to be like the eklund nazi's - patrolling the board ready to pounce. let people make their own minds up.
No, it's within the rules. We close threads based on rumors started without a legit source, closing Eklund threads is a rumor without a legit source.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Dr Love said:
No, it's within the rules. We close threads based on rumors started without a legit source, closing Eklund threads is a rumor without a legit source.
Yup, but I'm closing this as a dupe thread.

Next time, it would be nice if people would report duplicates threads or threads with unsubstantiated rumors, whining about it in-thread doesn't get noticed. It also shouldn't be assumed just because a thread is open and visible that it has the HF stamp of approval. Maybe none of the moderators have noticed it yet.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad