Lockout Reported Over! 6 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

MojoJojo

Jan 31, 2003
Philadelphia
Visit site
I'm still not convinced. I want to hear teh league and the Union actually quoted saying they have come to an agreement. This is at least the third time such reports have surfaced. Checking google sports with search term "NHL" sorted by date, there are a bunch of reports that they are "close", but they still dont say it is actually finalized.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
bcrt2000 said:
i hate stickys, i usually ignore them because theres 4-5 other stickys at the top of the forums.. ah well
I came into the forum three times before I even noticed the sticky. I was looking at all the locked threads and just going...'What's going on?'. It took way too long for me to notice the sticky.

The G Man

Feb 27, 2002
HF Old School
SensGuy said:
I came into the forum three times before I even noticed the sticky. I was looking at all the locked threads and just going...'What's going on?'. It took way too long for me to notice the sticky.
From your lips, to Mod's ears ...

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
The G Man said:
From your lips, to Mod's ears ...

thank you modfather *kisses hand*

imo, the conference call is going to be very unproductive unless player reps are faxed/emailed with a detailed summary of the CBA

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
I heard fan590 again, they are indeed saying that the noon conference call is to ratify the deal. I'll keep the awaiting confirmation part in just incase this turns out to be false.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Personally, I liked the sticky idea.
Better than having 3 thousand individual threads on the same subject.

Oh well..

SedinFan*

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
theres NO WAY its for ratification unless the players have had the CBA details in their hands

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
Harper said:
Anyone else not surprised that ESPN doesn't have anything (talking about TV), even on the bottomline.

Of course not. They need to still talk about who played best yesterday in the MLB All-Star Game

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
For all the talk of the February offer...

According to the reports, this deal contains a $39M cap w/o the $2.2M 'other costs' being included..

The deal in February was a $42.5M cap, but that included the $2.2 in 'other costs', so the actual cap was $40.3M..

So in the end, the cap difference is only $1.3M per team, but the PA gained in plenty of other areas - notably revenue sharing, exclusion of a lux tax, UFA age, QO's, Arbitration, and so forth..

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
ESPN shows re-runs of last night's stuff on ESPNews until 1pm on the Hotlist, which will be full of hockey talk I presume. The Sportcenters they show are re-runs from the night before as well.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
The $42 million offer "wasn't an invitation to negotiate," if I remmeber correctly....

Regardless, *knocks on wood* here's hoping this will all be over soon.

Rails

Mar 30, 2003
LBurg and FBurg, VA
Visit site
SensGuy said:
ESPN shows re-runs of last night's stuff on ESPNews until 1pm on the Hotlist, which will be full of hockey talk I presume. The Sportcenters they show are re-runs from the night before as well.
I know that much, but they usually update the bottomline

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
EndBoards said:
According to the reports, this deal contains a $39M cap w/o the $2.2M 'other costs' being included..

The deal in February was a $42.5M cap, but that included the $2.2 in 'other costs', so the actual cap was $40.3M..

So in the end, the cap difference is only $1.3M per team, but the PA gained in plenty of other areas - notably revenue sharing, exclusion of a lux tax, UFA age, QO's, Arbitration, and so forth..

If Goodenow had bothered to negotiate the 42mill offer, instead of flatly rejecting it, there is every reason to think that these things might have been included in that agreement also, and possibly more.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
McKenzie just said (at 11:30) on Sportscentre that Crosby has been told to be available by satellite on Thursday for the draft lottery/nhl press conference.. i'm not sure if he meant this Thursday or next...

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Kritter471 said:
The $42 million offer "wasn't an invitation to negotiate," if I remmeber correctly....

Regardless, *knocks on wood* here's hoping this will all be over soon.

You are correct - the 42mill figure was firm - however, I'm sure the other aspects of the deal were open to negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad