Confirmed with Link: Lockout Over (Tentatively); Let's Go Blues!

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Happy? Yes, but worried as well. I'm hoping someone (Stewart) doesn't have a huge year in a shortened season, only to regress.

BigTeddyPaul

Jul 1, 2004
Sunny California
Wish all parties involved would have started this process a year before they did so as to avoid the whole situation. I still don't quite understand why the delay until after The Cup was awarded.

Interesting to see who the buyouts will affect directly. I never thought I would see one let alone two being allowed.

I hope some smart people have talks and a plan for realignment starting next season. If you are going to do it then do it. If you are not then stop getting my hopes up of seeing Winnipeg more than we do now.

All in all I am pretty darn excited even with the shortened season. Give me a signed Pietriangelo, a healthy playoff run, and a Calder Tarasenko and the universe will be in harmony again.

Wiems35*

Hope I can get tickets for the opener. I am actually worried that this lockout could kill the Blues like the last one did, so I'll do my boycotting once I see the Blues are fine.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Yep...Birthday is coming up. The old lady tried getting out of it with the lockout. No choice now...Bring on those Blues tickets!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
They better offer some deals like free beer or cheap beer or somethin. I'll settle for free nachos/pretzels though.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
THN still predicts us to finish #1 in the west

what do you guys think? i'm not that optimistic anymore, don't know why...

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
Welcome back boys! Cant wait to get this season under way, any word on what the schedule will be like?

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012

I like our chances along with the uggghh the L.A. Queens. The division should be ours easily. The Blues probably were the hardest team to play against, for the longest period of time last season and i expect that to play a major role in the teams success this season. I just cant wait. We have a young team that wont be tired from this shortened schedule. God damn i am happy!!

I predict the Blues vs. Kings in the Western conference finals and Canes vs. Rags in the East.

Give me Blues over Rags for Lord Stanley.

Annnnnnd the overwhelming majority of hockey fans with recognize Pietrangelo as the best dman in the NHL. Bang.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
So since it's finally over.....

dags/backes/oshie
perron/bergie/stewart
amac/steen/tank
sobotka/nichol/langs
porter/reaves extras

cole/petro
jax/22
russell/polak
woywitka

halak
elliott

Seems like what was suggested before the lockout, if I recall correctly. If that's how they start out, I get the feeling dags and perron would be switching spots not too far after the start of the season.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Some early bullets:

Thanks. Reading it like that really does make you wonder though! I think most fans had the majority of that as common sense middle ground from the start, and while both sides want the best possible deal... :shakehead

Happy? Yes, but worried as well. I'm hoping someone (Stewart) doesn't have a huge year in a shortened season, only to regress.

If Stewart has a good (or anything better) season, then I am 100% convinced that he won't be in St. Louis come October.

Welcome back boys! Cant wait to get this season under way, any word on what the schedule will be like?

Nothing concrete, they are still trying to work it out. The aim is for a 50 game schedule, 5 games against each Division rival and then 3 games against each of the remaining Conference rivals. Would be interesting if teams finished tied for the Division Lead, one of the teams had 1 more home game...

The other option is a 48 game schedule, the details of which haven't been talked about. That fact alone probably means we'll get 50 games.

Stating the obvious, but impossible to predict :laugh:

If we start the season in the manner we could have expected in October, then I think we are a good bet to finish #1 overall. But then, all our players are going to be at different fitness levels, and the fact we have a young team might actually mean it takes us a while to find our stride because of the lack of team preparation could hurt us more than more experienced teams.

Will be interesting to see if Tarasenko does have a bit of a head start on the other forwards because he has been playing.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Thanks. Reading it like that really does make you wonder though! I think most fans had the majority of that as common sense middle ground from the start, and while both sides want the best possible deal... :shakehead

If Stewart has a good (or anything better) season, then I am 100% convinced that he won't be in St. Louis come October.

Nothing concrete, they are still trying to work it out. The aim is for a 50 game schedule, 5 games against each Division rival and then 3 games against each of the remaining Conference rivals. Would be interesting if teams finished tied for the Division Lead, one of the teams had 1 more home game...

The other option is a 48 game schedule, the details of which haven't been talked about. That fact alone probably means we'll get 50 games.

Stating the obvious, but impossible to predict :laugh:

If we start the season in the manner we could have expected in October, then I think we are a good bet to finish #1 overall. But then, all our players are going to be at different fitness levels, and the fact we have a young team might actually mean it takes us a while to find our stride because of the lack of team preparation could hurt us more than more experienced teams.

Will be interesting to see if Tarasenko does have a bit of a head start on the other forwards because he has been playing.

I hate shortened seasons. Players will be a different levels of fitness. Too many games without real rest periods means more injuries. But atleast there is a game.

And as always we fall back into watching hockey like lemmings - despite all the promises not to care/go to the games. Not saying anyone on this board said that, but there have been more then a few on the other boards saying they are leaving the sport due to the lockout.

In the end, there is no game like it in the world and we fans are passionate as all get out about our sports teams.

member 96824

Anyone have a clue what the ticket situation will look like?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wish all parties involved would have started this process a year before they did so as to avoid the whole situation. I still don't quite understand why the delay until after The Cup was awarded.

Interesting to see who the buyouts will affect directly. I never thought I would see one let alone two being allowed.

I hope some smart people have talks and a plan for realignment starting next season. If you are going to do it then do it. If you are not then stop getting my hopes up of seeing Winnipeg more than we do now.
Being that I'm in Winnipeg 2 months during the season, I'm angry too. I'd get to see The Blues in person at least once this season, and possibly 2-3 times each year.

They really should have placed Winnipeg into the Western Conference as soon as the lockout was announced, knowing that a half-season was a decent possibility, as Florida and other East Coast to Winnipeg commutes will create big disadvantages in this compressed schedule.

randysavage

Feb 24, 2011
Finally my Tarasenko jersey is useful again! Also, is there any idea when the season starts up?

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I hate shortened seasons. Players will be a different levels of fitness. Too many games without real rest periods means more injuries. But atleast there is a game.

And as always we fall back into watching hockey like lemmings - despite all the promises not to care/go to the games. Not saying anyone on this board said that, but there have been more then a few on the other boards saying they are leaving the sport due to the lockout.

In the end, there is no game like it in the world and we fans are passionate as all get out about our sports teams.

The Blues are younger than almost every other team. The compressed schedule should favour them, as it is the older players who will have a harder time playing so many games in such a short period. Most of The Blues were playing overseas. So, only a few may be "sluggish" at the start of the short season.

I expect The Blues to go deep into The Playoffs, if not getting to The Finals. I'll be very disappointed if they don't get to The Conference finals, and moderately disappointed if they don't get to The Stanley Cup Finals, and a little disappointed if they don't win it all.

STL Blues Fan

Jan 14, 2011
I cannot wait and I'm finally working days now also so I'll be able to watch almost every game live. Now to decide if I want to buy a jersey this year and ill prolly go to at least one or two games. Man I hope it's a 50 game season than we only have to wait till the 15th for a game instead of almost 2 weeks. I just hope none of our guys get hurt. Lets go Blues!!!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Current known details per BoH forum.

Salary Cap
Y1: 60M ceiling but teams can spend up to $70.2M, 44M floor
Y2: 64.3M ceiling, 44M floor
Y3 - Y10: Players will receive 50% of HRR. Ceiling may not drop below 64.3M. Cap floor remains 16M below ceiling
No cap on escrow
Cap escalator

Contracts
7 year max. 8 years if re-signing with same team
Max 35% variance year-over-year
Max 50% variance between lowest year and highest year of contract

Make Whole Provision
Players will receive $300 million in transition payments over three years

Pension
Switched to Defined Benefit Plan, paid for out of NHLPA share. Any losses from fund will be covered by NHL share

Arbitration
Teams may not walk away from award unless award is at least 3.5M (Clarke MacArthur Clause)

Revenue Sharing
$200M, increasing with revenue growth
$60M "Industry Growth Fund", funded by NHL and NHLPA over 3 years and replenished as needed

Compliance Buyouts
2 per team, that can be used over the next two off-seasons, counting against players' share of HRR

Salary Retention in Trades
Teams permitted to retain up to $5M in a trade
Max retention of $3M for a single player

Supplemental Discipline
Brendan Shanahan is still the first judge
Appeals for suspensions of 1-5 games will be heard by Gary Bettman
Appeals for suspensions of 6+ games will be heard by neutral third party arbiter

Draft Lottery
All 14 non-playoff teams will have a shot at the #1 overall pick

Misc
10 year CBA with opt-out clause for each side that kicks in after Y8
Start of free agency period remains July 1
No decision regarding realignment has yet to be made for this or next season
Olympic participation will be decided by joint NHL-NHLPA committee on a future date outside of CBA framework
Minimum player salary is 525k (2011 rate) but will grow to 750k by Y9 and Y10 of new CBA
No changes to eligibility for salary arbitration or free agency

Business of Hockey Link

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Finally my Tarasenko jersey is useful again! Also, is there any idea when the season starts up?

Maybe the 15th but more realistically the 19th I believe. Boy I can't wait for this season, could be a real special one in Blues history. But coming upon my 20th year of Blues fandom, I know to never get hopes too high :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad