GDT: Lockout is over

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
**This is not directed at anyone specific, so no one should get all worked up, it is my opinion and not a personal attack at anyone.

I 100% do not agree with "boycotting" the Devils.
Why hurt the team that you supposedly are a diehard fan of?
The same team that gave us a great ride to the Finals last season.
An owner and team that would have done anything in their power to start the season in October to continue the momemtum of last season.

I would think that true "boycotters" will also boycott Devils message boards so the rest of us can discuss hockey and the game we love and choose to follow and support.

If it's a personal decision, then keep it personal.
I will respect that decision but is it necessary to continue to post about your personal decision and try to justify it?

We have too many idealists in our fanbase, more than other fanbases.
I scanned through our rivals boards and you see far less "boycotters" than over here.

Go Devils!

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I'm boycotting by not playing any Versus games on NHL13 the remainder of the season. Strictly EASHL and fictional players. EAT THAT NHLPA.

And I will only go to games if the tickets are free. Center Ice all the way. No parking, ticket sales, or concession revenue from this guy!

<--------------- taking a 1/4" stand.

GM17*

gamecentre > centre ice. $60 cheaper, get home and away streams so you don't have to listen to homer joe, and can jump through a lot easier

DO IT

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
gamecentre > centre ice. $60 cheaper, get home and away streams so you don't have to listen to homer joe, and can jump through a lot easier

DO IT

Yes, that is exactly what I plan to do this year. Devils were always SD anyways and barely ever the broadcast

Would much rather not having to listen to other teams announcers. Bos, wsg and pitt are unbearable.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN

DO IT

I get both home and away feeds on center ice with DirecTV. Plus I don't have to deal with jumpy streams and buffering which are still an issue even with Time Warner Turbo when dealing with live feeds and my wife surfing the net or doing her online class lessons.

GM17*

I get both home and away feeds on center ice with DirecTV. Plus I don't have to deal with jumpy streams and buffering which are still an issue even with Time Warner Turbo when dealing with live feeds and my wife surfing the net or doing her online class lessons.

Centre Ice is $220+ in Canadia, the internet is fiberop, and I use the computer to stream the games so she can't use it. BAM

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
**This is not directed at anyone specific, so no one should get all worked up, it is my opinion and not a personal attack at anyone.

I 100% do not agree with "boycotting" the Devils.
Why hurt the team that you supposedly are a diehard fan of?
The same team that gave us a great ride to the Finals last season.
An owner and team that would have done anything in their power to start the season in October to continue the momemtum of last season.

I would think that true "boycotters" will also boycott Devils message boards so the rest of us can discuss hockey and the game we love and choose to follow and support.

If it's a personal decision, then keep it personal.
I will respect that decision but is it necessary to continue to post about your personal decision and try to justify it?

We have too many idealists in our fanbase, more than other fanbases.
I scanned through our rivals boards and you see far less "boycotters" than over here.

Go Devils!

just an FYI, I wouldn’t post about ‘boycotting’ in a thread about the team, the TaN, player news, etc. this thread is related to the hockey lockout being over, and the many feels that come with that news.

and you may be right about idealists. not sure if that’s good or bad. I mean, you may say im a dreamer and everything, but im not the only one

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'll stop posting about boycotting if they stop posting about boycotting the boycotters. Crazy world huh.

I don't say, "hey you say you are pissed but then don't show the resolve to do anything about it." Actually I did but I was poked with a stick.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I don't say, "hey you say you are pissed but then don't show the resolve to do anything about it."

very true, I didn’t say such a thing either, because I understand why people are running back. best sport (and team) on earth. speaking of justifying, it seems like the biggest justification is ‘the devils team/owners had nothing to do with this, so I wont punish them. its ok to come back!’

that’s not entirely honest, but like I said, I get it. im pretty sure im buying tix to the home opener. im not proud of that, but im sure I’ll be there with a **** eating grin on my face

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I feel disrespected, but I understand the realities of business.

So I expect as a fan to have my rear end kissed for a while. We'll reevaluate later based on that.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
My decision to not go to games is mostly about money, I already spent it now. We usually put away somewhere around $1500 for tickets, parking etc. for a season. During the lockout, I spent that on hockey equipment, and I signed up for a much fancier gym, only the gym was close to $1000 for the year (totally worth it though). Doing that I was thinking that it comes from the ticket budget. They gave me three months with their moronic twittering to make me feel very good about my choice.

It hurts the Devils, yeah, too bad, that sucks but it is what it is. What am I gonna do, stop buying Rangers tickets that I never buy?

Oroku Saki*

lw - c - rw
lw - c - rw
lw - c - rw
lw - c - rw

d - d
d - d
d - d

g
g

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
With my luck, the home opener is going to be the 26th, when I have to be at a friend's wedding all day.

I don't mind 'only' 48 games assuming that's what it is, I just wish they had a different format besides 7 division games and a home and home with other conference teams. Maybe 4/5 in division and 3 conference?

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Had the lockoud been 2 entire seasons, would you have switched for a KHL team or something else for good?

I'm a hockey fan. I don't need an allegiance to be so. college games, junior games, and playing games are good times in my book. Keeps me in shape too and my wallet a little fatter.

very true, I didn’t say such a thing either, because I understand why people are running back. best sport (and team) on earth. speaking of justifying, it seems like the biggest justification is ‘the devils team/owners had nothing to do with this, so I wont punish them. its ok to come back!’

that’s not entirely honest, but like I said, I get it. im pretty sure im buying tix to the home opener. im not proud of that, but im sure I’ll be there with a **** eating grin on my face

I was sharing this discussion at work and someone asked me why you had to spend money to show you're a true fan and if it was a hockey thing. He's a steelers and pirates fan and doesn't feel a need to measure himself by spending habits.

Jan 15, 2008
Richmond, VA
tumblr_m0x4xgz7yA1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Lou needs to be talking trade with Burke in Toronto. They have 6 UFA's and 3 RFA's coming up next year, and they're already right up at about $63.5 million... And that's without Franson signed. They'll be desperate to dump salary.:nod:

They don't have any salary that we'd want, apart from maybe some of their forwards who they won't part with.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Could have very well been the luck of the draw, but I find it funny Eklund was tweeting, and making updates on his site at 2:30 AM EST yesterday that it was ending that morning. Even Lebrun, Dreger, and other legit sources said it won't be quite that soon. They were all there too. Even our very own Tom Gulitti was there, and said it likely won't come until later in the day. And that was before 4:00 AM. He also broke the leagues proposal the week before.

I didn't even remember to think about 2005 when I saw Eklund write that. In 2005 the anonymous lockout insider said a deal would be announced today. Later that day Bettman cancelled the season too.

That's because Eklund is really Gary Bettman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad