Confirmed with Link: Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

Spectaculard

What am I a fruit?
Jan 25, 2007
Montreal
Apparently Yannick Weber had a very interesting lockout.

alexpicard2.jpg

The...****?

I hope thats drunk twitting. Not that thers anything wrong with that...

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Apparently Yannick Weber had a very interesting lockout.

alexpicard2.jpg

Da' **** is this?!?!?! ... i'd be creeped out if i was weber.. hell im creeped out for weber lol

EDIT* wait... is weber homosexual and im just unaware of it .. and this was meant as like a compliment? (hopefiully this doesnt come off sounding bad..i'm just wondering if webers like open about it and buddy was just trying to be all " hey, im cool" about it)

Last edited:

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Da' **** is this?!?!?! ... i'd be creeped out if i was weber.. hell im creeped out for weber lol

EDIT* wait... is weber homosexual and im just unaware of it .. and this was meant as like a compliment? (hopefiully this doesnt come off sounding bad..i'm just wondering if webers like open about it and buddy was just trying to be all " hey, im cool" about it)

Lol its just a joke man I'm sure there's lots of homohumor in sports locker rooms

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Visnovsky isn't getting paid for his contract if he doesn't show and he doesn't represent the NHLPA in either case.

What happened to legally binding and all that? Sure, he's suspended but I hope they force him to honor it.

A contract is a contract. Regardless of CBA and lockout there is an agreement between NHL and KHL for this. How does vis think this is fair?

Saying they don't pay him is all fine and dandy but let's not excuse it for what it is. He's being a baby for being traded to NYI. Go play vis. Honor your contract.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Lol its just a joke man I'm sure there's lots of homohumor in sports locker rooms

oh ya, im well aware of that .. i played football and basketball and rugby so i get the jokes.. i just had a second thought and was wondering if maybe weber actually is and buddy was trying to give an awkwad backpedaling compliment .. in the same way some have been like "im not a racist.. i have black friends" lol

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
What happened to legally binding and all that? Sure, he's suspended but I hope they force him to honor it.

A contract is a contract. Regardless of CBA and lockout there is an agreement between NHL and KHL for this. How does vis think this is fair?

Saying they don't pay him is all fine and dandy but let's not excuse it for what it is. He's being a baby for being traded to NYI. Go play vis. Honor your contract.

So now, suddenly a contract is a contract? Where were you when Jeremy Jacobs wanted to roll-back every player's contract 24%? :laugh:

Visi is in the wrong but he's acting independently - the NHLPA is not telling him to do this and actually he is failing in his duties as an NHLPA member as well. The contract IS legally binding to the extent that if the player does not meet the criteria of the contract he will not get paid or will get penalized and so on. Vis will be penalized so that's the end of that.

You can't force someone no honour a civil contract, if he doesn't want to honour it he just won't get paid - it's pretty simple. If the case were to go to court it wouldn't even be interesting as Vis and his associates can easily claim family disruption and so on and he won't even have to pay a penalty. I doubt the Isles really pursue the matter.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So now, suddenly a contract is a contract? Where were you when Jeremy Jacobs wanted to roll-back every player's contract 24%? :laugh:

Visi is in the wrong but he's acting independently - the NHLPA is not telling him to do this and actually he is failing in his duties as an NHLPA member as well. The contract IS legally binding to the extent that if the player does not meet the criteria of the contract he will not get paid or will get penalized and so on. Vis will be penalized so that's the end of that.

You can't force someone no honour a civil contract, if he doesn't want to honour it he just won't get paid - it's pretty simple. If the case were to go to court it wouldn't even be interesting as Vis and his associates can easily claim family disruption and so on and he won't even have to pay a penalty. I doubt the Isles really pursue the matter.

That's the point isn't it? I believe rollbacks and termination of contracts do occur and can be acceptable depending on the circumstance. Vis not liking NYI isn't a good excuse. The fact that players were upset a guy like hamrlik had a difference of opinion then business like visnovsky is deemed "oh well" is kind of annoying.

You're absolutely right that he is just 1 member in a large union but I don't hear players arguing about those who go against the grain now.

Actually, you can't force him to honour it but by KHL-NHL agreement he is not allowed playing anywhere else until he honors it or is released. In this case, he has not retired or done anything of the sort yet continues to play in the KHL. The KHL should step up IMO.

Isles gave up a 2nd round pick for him, why wouldnt they pursue the matter?

Edit: In any case, my point is about vis, not the union. He either plays in NHL or nowhere.

Last edited:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Hey guys, I seem to remember that last week Molson offered 25% off on Habs merchandise for the week, until today. Can't seem to find the offer anywhere... anyone has a link to it? Where does it apply? Thanks

DumFries

Jun 18, 2009
Shawinigan
There is still one thing that is not settled in the NHL and it seems it has gone forgotten. The Jets still play in the SouthEast division!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

I saw the hashtag #chezparé

Which is the most famous stripper joint in Mtl. Probably an inside joke. But then why post that on twitter you ask ? No clue.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
There is still one thing that is not settled in the NHL and it seems it has gone forgotten. The Jets still play in the SouthEast division!

There is also the Olympics. I think both things get settled in the next 6 months.

It pretty much HAS to be Columbus and Winnipeg. CBJ is not far from Washington and Carolina and the furthest east in the West conference. The 2nd most logical is Nashville as they are close to TB and Florida but further West.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
Hey guys, I seem to remember that last week Molson offered 25% off on Habs merchandise for the week, until today. Can't seem to find the offer anywhere... anyone has a link to it? Where does it apply? Thanks

No idea, I heard something about that but didn't see it advertised anywhere...

I was hoping for 50% off of Habs merchandise, but I guess not. Would have bought 2 jerseys

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
No idea, I heard something about that but didn't see it advertised anywhere...

I was hoping for 50% off of Habs merchandise, but I guess not. Would have bought 2 jerseys
They should promote the mdse in the boutique all season long, at 25-50% off....people would really appreciate it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad