Confirmed with Link: Lockout Discussion Thread 5.0: The Lockout is over!!

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
We NHL fans are the biggest suckers.

The players/owners decided to come back for their million$...
They should all play for free this season to really thank the fans, but they're so used to their millionaire lifestyle...so they came back to make more money and it's from our pockets/wallets (that's why we're all suckers for buying such expensive jerseys and expensive tickets...robbery).

To really thank the fans...they should start by dramatically lowering the ludicrous ticket prices (and the playoff ticket prices are ten times worse)...they totally piss on fans and get away with it...we love the game/sport and they abuse us for that.

**** all the rich/spoiled players and owners.
The **** us in the *** everytime we open our wallets to them.

They abused me? I don't seem to recall Gary Bettman and Erik Cole tying me up in a torture rack, tickling me with feathers and making me watch the latest Justin Bieber video.

Whatever. It's done, It's over. I'll punish them by not giving them any of my hard earned money this season and maybe the next, but I will not be abusing myself by not watching hockey this season or discussing it with you fine gents/gals.

I freaking love hockey, I love this site, I love everything about it. The only abuse would be to refrain from participating in the things I love, especially now that it's available to me.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
They abused me? I don't seem to recall Gary Bettman and Erik Cole tying me up in a torture rack, tickling me with feathers and making me watch the latest Justin Bieber video.

Whatever. It's done, It's over. I'll punish them by not giving them any of my hard earned money this season and maybe the next, but I will not be abusing myself by not watching hockey this season or discussing it with you fine gents/gals.

I freaking love hockey, I love this site, I love everything about it. The only abuse would be to refrain from participating in the things I love, especially now that it's available to me.

I love hockey too, I love this site...you're not the only one!

Abuse: I meant...owners/players abuse the power they have...in that they take advantage of nhl fans by coming back whenever they want...after bickering over the money that was provided by fans. I'm pretty sure you knew I didn't mean that players abuse fans like a wife beater abuses his wife...or how a wife may be bullying her husband psychologically or physically (apparently it happens),etc...

I'm pretty sure you knew what I meant when I wrote that owners/players abuse nhl fans...in that they ignore the importance of the fans...they just need fans for their money...the rest **** off. This is a type of abuse (using people for their money).

I love nhl hockey so much...but hard to forgive players/owners since they ruin the nhl that we love so much by taking it away whenever they want to (abuse). They shouldn't have the right to take it away like that and come back for their money when they feel like it...after all it's us the fans that provides them with the millions they're always fighting about. Pretty simple stuff (not about the actually literal word...abuse, but yes in a certain way it is abuse of the fans...ignoring the fans).

--------------------------------- --------------------------------

I just wish there was a way to punish all/most greedy/spoiled players and owners...taking away their salary, taking away their mansions, taking away their Ferraris. The way they take away our nhl whenever they feel like it.
Now they're back for more...money. They didn't come back for the fans. don't kid yourselves. They came back for your money.
Lockout...they'll do it again (ignoring fans again).

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I love hockey too, I love this site...you're not the only one!
Abuse: I meant...owners/players abuse the power they have...in that they take advantage of nhl fans by coming back whenever they want...after bickering over the money that was provided by fans. I'm pretty sure you knew I didn't mean that players abuse fans like a wife beater abuses his wife...or how a wife may be bullying her husband psychologically or physically (apparently it happens),etc...

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean when I write that owners/players abuse nhl fans. They ignore the importance of the fans...they just need fans for their money...the rest **** off.

I love nhl hockey so much...but hard to forgive players/owners since they ruin the nhl that we love so much by taking it away whenever they want to. They shouldn't have the right to take it away like that and come back for their money when they feel like it...after all it's us the fans that provides them with the millions theu're fighting for, Pretty simple stuff (not about the actually literal word...abuse, but yes in a certain way it is abuse of the fans...ignoring the fans).

I get what your saying. Unfortunately it's the way of the world though, look no further than all the labor BS surrounding teachers unions in Ontario and their fight against the provincial government. A few years back garbage was all over the place in TO because the waste management people went on strike.

It's just because of how much we love hockey that we (esp you :laugh:) are so butt-hurt right now. I totally agree they take the fans for granted, I don't think that falls too far out of line with a lot of other every day life situations though. How many people take their parents for granted? Kids? Wives? Husbands? Jobs? Employees? It's wide spread, it's hardly just an NHL problem. It's a people problem and it's a serious issue in society in general today. We truly need to learn to appreciate life more, the big and small things.

Now let's drop the puck! :handclap:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I get what your saying. Unfortunately it's the way of the world though, look no further than all the labor BS surrounding teachers unions in Ontario and their fight against the provincial government. A few years back garbage was all over the place in TO because the waste management people went on strike.

It's just because of how much we love hockey that we (esp you :laugh:) are so butt-hurt right now. I totally agree they take the fans for granted, I don't think that falls too far out of line with a lot of other every day life situations though. How many people take their parents for granted? Kids? Wives? Husbands? Jobs? Employees? It's wide spread, it's hardly just an NHL problem. It's a people problem and it's a serious issue in society in general today. We truly need to learn to appreciate life more, the big and small things.

Now let's drop the puck! :handclap:

It is wide spread...totally agree with you...trust me...I appreciate or try to (every week) what I have...my arms, legs, feet, hands, eyesight, hearing...I try to appreciate all this every week... but I'm venting right now...mixed feelings...so happy we have nhl again...but still bitter because they took it away for so long from us...and they do it again and again to us. I almost feel like it's a right for us to have nhl hockey especially since so many fans spend ludicrous amounts for tickets, jerseys, hats, beer, crazy playoff ticket prices,etc...we fans should have some kind of union, some say in all this!! they have all the power...and it comes from money... the same money provided by us fans! not fair...but life isn't always fair. Glad we have HF to vent and share these frustrations! cheers! I'd love for us fans to come in now and say ''no! there will be no nhl according to nhl fans...you'll have to wait, play in Europe, whatever, but we're locking you players/owners out for an undetermined timeframe...just follow the news for any updates'',etc...(this would make some players so furious/bitter since they're so used to having all the power).

Last edited:

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
It is wide spread...totally agree with you...trust me...I appreciate or try to (every week) what I have...my arms, legs, feet, hands, eyesight, hearing...I try to appreciate all this every week... but I'm venting right now...mixed feelings...so happy we have nhl again...but still bitter because they took it away for so long from us...and they do it again and again to us. I almost feel like it's a right for us to have nhl hockey especially since so many fans spend ludicrous amounts for tickets, jerseys, hats, beer, crazy playoff ticket prices,etc...we fans should have some kind of union, some say in all this!! they have all the power...and it comes from money... the same money provided by us fans! not fair...but life isn't always fair. Glad we have HF to vent and share these frustrations! cheers! I'd love for us fans to come in now and say ''no! there will be no nhl according to nhl fans...you'll have to wait, play in Europe, whatever, but we're locking you players/owners out for an undetermined timeframe...just follow the news for any updates'',etc...(this would make some players so furious/bitter since they're so used to having all the power).

You pay to watch them do what they would be doing even if you didn't pay, I don't get how they hurt anyone but themselves. They don't owe you the sport of hockey or the entertainment.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You pay to watch them do what they would be doing even if you didn't pay, I don't get how they hurt anyone but themselves. They don't owe you the sport of hockey or the entertainment.

I agree with you. They owe us nothing. That's the product, if people want to watch, watch. If you don't like the product, don't watch. There's no need to make a fake union for this. The fact people insist on a fan's union is the equivalent of an ex gf who is desperate to get back together. "I HATE YOU but please, be with me, forever".

pine*

This makes no sense.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
This makes no sense.

Just venting! When I wrote that nhl fans should have some kind of union...it was just a way of saying I really wish fans had more power (and not just the owners and players)...example: fans in all 30 cities really boycotting and not buying ticket...but we know that's not going to happen. Again...I'm just venting...and having wishful thinking,etc...fantasy fair world,etc...

The fair fantasy world...owners and players decide to come back for their millions but fans are not buying any tickets, nhl merchandise,etc... so no more revenue for players...players/owners finally beg fans to come back for their million$. Yeah I know...doesn't make sense or won't happen, but I can dream!;)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
this is odd

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Interesting 2 hear some players being invited to short'n training camps. Not more interest' than Alex Kovalev to #Panthers. Closing in on 40

PunkinDrublic*

Just venting! When I wrote that nhl fans should have some kind of union...it was just a way of saying I really wish fans had more power (and not just the owners and players)...example: fans in all 30 cities really boycotting and not buying ticket...but we know that's not going to happen. Again...I'm just venting...and having wishful thinking,etc...fantasy fair world,etc...

The fair fantasy world...owners and players decide to come back for their millions but fans are not buying any tickets, nhl merchandise,etc... so no more revenue for players...players/owners finally beg fans to come back for their million$. Yeah I know...doesn't make sense or won't happen, but I can dream!;)

Tell us how you really feel ? Oh, and how about Marky comming back to our line up ? How do you feel about this ?

Myron Gaines*

this is odd

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
Interesting 2 hear some players being invited to short'n training camps. Not more interest' than Alex Kovalev to #Panthers. Closing in on 40

He did say he wanted to play until he's 50.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
We NHL fans are the biggest suckers.

The players/owners decided to come back for their million$...
They should all play for free this season to really thank the fans, but they're so used to their millionaire lifestyle...so they came back to make more money and it's from our pockets/wallets (that's why we're all suckers for buying such expensive jerseys and expensive tickets...robbery).

To really thank the fans...they should start by dramatically lowering the ludicrous ticket prices (and the playoff ticket prices are ten times worse)...they totally piss on fans and get away with it...we love the game/sport and they abuse us for that.

**** all the rich/spoiled players and owners.
The **** us in the *** everytime we open our wallets to them.

LOL So true. "We" are big suckers indeed. The fanatics will follow this 48-games season with their usual passion.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the teams should sell tickets at half price for this meaningless half-season. Whether it makes more sense that the normal NHL season itself be shorter is beside the point. A regular NHL season is 82 games, not 60, nor 48. It's like 100m sprinters running only 50m in the earlier rounds to reach the 100m finals. Doesn't make sense to me. Which ever team wins the Cup after this half-season won nothing in my book. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs even if they do after this half-season. Carey Price didn't win the Vezina even if he does after this half-season.

Anyway, that's only me.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
LOL So true. "We" are big suckers indeed. The fanatics will follow this 48-games season with their usual passion.

As far as I'm concerned, I think the teams should sell tickets at half price for this meaningless half-season. Whether it makes more sense that the normal NHL season itself be shorter is beside the point. A regular NHL season is 82 games, not 60, nor 48. It's like 100m sprinters running only 50m in the earlier rounds to reach the 100m finals. Doesn't make sense to me. Which ever team wins the Cup after this half-season won nothing in my book. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs even if they do after this half-season. Carey Price didn't win the Vezina even if he does after this half-season.

Anyway, that's only me.

No, it's not only you. I feel the same way or very close to what you wrote. I'm being very honest when I write that I am happy (on one hand) that nhl hockey will be on tv again ('cause I love NHL caliber hockey) but still unhappy/bitter (on the other hand)...the players/owners are bickering over millions provided by nhl fans and they lock out the fans whenever they feel like it and decide to come back for more money (they're pissing on fans, as simple as that).
And the next time Bettman thanks the fans again for their patience...someone should throw a pie at his face (and not a pie filled with lemon!).

And, yeah...the season will be a half-*** season! (anything so that the players/owners will get money). I'm actually scared that this weird half-*** season can provide the Leaves with a Cup!:amazed::cry: (anything could happen in such a short season!).

Tickets at half price:
that's what I say/want! but you know the owners and players are NEVER going to do that...too greedy, too used to their million$ every season...players/owners are actually increasing the prices every season 'cause it's never enough for them!(1 mil is not enough...2 mil is not enough...it has to be 4 mil, 5 mil, 8 mil/year,etc... (and that's why the tickets, jerseys,etc, are so expensive...gotta keep feeding the spoiled rotten millionaires).
It would be great if they had games where it is 50% off, but...that would be respecting the fans...not something they ever do. They're good at ****ing the fans every chance they get (expensive beer, jerseys, ridiculous ticket prices, ludicrous playoff ticket prices,etc.).

Go NHL Go!! (come back whenever you want! after all...you will be back for the million$ the fans will pay you...and then some of you will b.s. us with half-*** apologies that mean nothing...you came back for your million$, and not for the fans, that's it, that's all... don't fool us with your b.s. apologies... doesn't mean a thing since you'll do it again and again).

Last edited:

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
this is odd

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

According to RL Kostitsyn has gotten an invite as well from the Panthers

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Apparently Yannick Weber had a very interesting lockout.

alexpicard2.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad